New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jul 29, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #541 of 2,616
I hope that your days will be getting better soon!

I'll make sure to test the okay time and let.you know if AP200's battery covers a schedule like that.
:)

Most players do to be fair. It's just the long term thought. If a battery only has 9-10 hours now, what's it going to be like in a year or two (yes I know, new toys will be out by then anyway!)?

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #542 of 2,616
I do a 8 hour working day, with a half hour for lunch and 2 15 minute breaks throughout the day. The rest of the time I'm pretty much working. My listening schedule at work goes something like :-

9:00 - 10:30 ish album or double live album until it finishes.

11:00 Break

11:15 Back to work

11:30-11:45 album or audiobook depending on how I feel and what I'm doing until lunch at 1pm until 1:30pm

13:45-15:15 album or audiobook etc until tea break or it finishes.

15:15 - 15:30 last break of the day

15:30 - 16:30 Anything goes, sometimes I don't bother.

That gives you a rough idea and some days vary more than others. If there's (often) a lot of crap going on around me I tend to shove some iems in and get on with it, other day's not so much! Once I get an album playing I generally just leave the player alone.

It's not so bad if you can charge while listening just to top it up.

I had similar problems until I recently got a more local job.

I would begin my commute at 5am, arrive at work at 7:30am, listen all day with a 30minute break for lunch. Knock off and do the commute home arriving at home around 7-7:30pm.

So I needed something with good battery.

These days I look at Daps because I am hopeless as I would be much better off opting for a DAC amp hahah

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #544 of 2,616
Does this have balanced output in anyway??

Maybe if you use it as a digital source to a DAC/AMP which is able to output balanced signal :darthsmile:

In all fairness though, if the signal is really good in Single Ended mode, then you're going to have lots of fun either way.

At the price point of AP200, I hope for a really well impemented Single Ended headphone output and for an energetic, clean and crispy sound, balanced is something that can come in handy, but having a well implemented Single Ended output is just as important, if not more improtant for the majority of people.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #545 of 2,616
Maybe if you use it as a digital source to a DAC/AMP which is able to output balanced signal :darthsmile:

In all fairness though, if the signal is really good in Single Ended mode, then you're going to have lots of fun either way.

At the price point of AP200, I hope for a really well impemented Single Ended headphone output and for an energetic, clean and crispy sound, balanced is something that can come in handy, but having a well implemented Single Ended output is just as important, if not more improtant for the majority of people.
Fair enough I recently bought the n3 and loving it so far but I think if a dap had balanced out it might tempt me very much since I auditioned the aune m1s through balance output and I thought it was stellar...

Jul 31, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #546 of 2,616
Fair enough I recently bought the n3 and loving it so far but I think if a dap had balanced out it might tempt me very much since I auditioned the aune m1s through balance output and I thought it was stellar...

M1s is an exception, entry level daps usually don't have BAL HO, and not with such superiority in contrast to SE HO. As I mentioned before, if you put all your eggs into entry model basket, you not gonna have any tricks left for mid-fi and summit-fi models, just look at FiiO releases and how they partition their models. N3 is also an exception because they took i5, stripped the android (while substituting it with HibyLink support) and ended up with a pocket DAP that sounds like i5, just less power.

I think ap200 will lay down a baseline for more upcoming higher end Hidizs models, and I'm hoping they will raise that baseline :wink:

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #547 of 2,616
As I mentioned before, if you put all your eggs into entry model basket, you not gonna have any tricks left for mid-fi and summit-fi models, just look at FiiO releases and how they partition their models.
I would tend to agree with you, except that the past has shown that you can sell a high-end DAP having absolutely no additional features versus the cheaper model at a much higher cost, provided that they can market "sound quality" with epic BS and no actual data to back it up.
Such is the audiophile world, where marketing rules and audiophiles severely lack scientific education/curiosity.

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #548 of 2,616
Well nice to see that they have reached the target with a fortnight to go. Just trying to make my mind up between a 32 or the 128.

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #549 of 2,616
M1s is an exception, entry level daps usually don't have BAL HO, and not with such superiority in contrast to SE HO. As I mentioned before, if you put all your eggs into entry model basket, you not gonna have any tricks left for mid-fi and summit-fi models, just look at FiiO releases and how they partition their models. N3 is also an exception because they took i5, stripped the android (while substituting it with HibyLink support) and ended up with a pocket DAP that sounds like i5, just less power.

I think ap200 will lay down a baseline for more upcoming higher end Hidizs models, and I'm hoping they will raise that baseline :wink:
You're absolutely right..would have loved to have had a touchscreen with the n3 but like you said...cant get everything you want at such a low price...in any case I'm amazed at the detail the n3 produces tho...im using it with audio technical e40...so far they seem to be a nice pairing...i may upgrade the iems around Christmas but let's see what happens...but things look very promising at the low end if the spectrum...p.s the aune m1s made me a big fan of balanced output...sadly I didn't have the budget to dive into it yet maybe in the very near future...

Aug 1, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #550 of 2,616
I really hope that this will sound as good as it seems on paper. I have a few under $500 DAPs bit the AUNE M2 pro is still my fav. despite it being heavy, large, virtually no display, short battery life. and running hot. Hoping this will replace it.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #553 of 2,616
Who is doing the impression?

My basic understanding is that a few of us will be receiving samples. I should be getting one as well, so I can confirm things when it arrives :floatsmile:

EDIT::: Should be here on 4 August, so by 5-6 I can have at least a basic impression

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #555 of 2,616

Users who are viewing this thread

Back