New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jul 28, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #526 of 2,616
any idea how ap200 would compare to Pioneer XDP-100R ? especially after output power limitation removal for pioneer with latest firmware. am only looking for any advise but only regarding sound quality / power , don't care about any fancy bounces

100r can be bought almost for the same price as ap200 so I really need an advise here please

cheers

We really don't know much about the sound quality and how it compares at this point. Hopefully they will deliver final firmware soon and those with a prototype unite can chime in.

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #527 of 2,616
We really don't know much about the sound quality and how it compares at this point. Hopefully they will deliver final firmware soon and those with a prototype unite can chime in.

You can expect more news from Audiophile Heaven next week, if the delivery process will be going well. Seems that we should receive a retail unit which should sound as good as the version everyone who bought it will be receiving.

We are quite excited about this and we will be fair and square about AP200, if it is good, then I'll be more than happy to share this info with everybody out there!

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #528 of 2,616
What if it is bad ??? Will that be a secret?:floatsmile:

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #529 of 2,616
Jul 28, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #530 of 2,616
What if it is bad ??? Will that be a secret?:floatsmile:

We at Twister6 will let you know about it, because We don't keep secrets :D

Audiophile Heaven is an objective reviews site, the purpose is to run a device through more than one tester and through more than one tastes, so by the time a review is written, the opinion is more objective than it is subjective.

If it is warm, we will call it warm, if it is fast, we will call it fast, if it is neutral we will call it neutral and so on. Given how much time and money Hidizs invested in their FW I expect it to be fairly stable by now although until I see one for myself, it is hard to say for sure.

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #531 of 2,616
Audiophile Heaven is an objective reviews site, the purpose is to run a device through more than one tester and through more than one tastes, so by the time a review is written, the opinion is more objective than it is subjective.

If it is warm, we will call it warm, if it is fast, we will call it fast, if it is neutral we will call it neutral and so on. Given how much time and money Hidizs invested in their FW I expect it to be fairly stable by now although until I see one for myself, it is hard to say for sure.

Really the amount of time they have spent on the firmware is not a lot compared to the typical Android DAP. Other companies have spent years and not gotten it right. Not to say Hidizs won't get it right. In fact I think they will, impressed by their approach. If they really can deliver a quality product in the next two months, that will be an extremely impressive feat. I hope they do. It will set a new price to performance bar.

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #532 of 2,616

Oh, glad you are expanding, bud! I thought you just started your blog by yourself with a handful of published reviews, but seems like you are growing :wink: Looking forward to your AP200 review!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #533 of 2,616
Oh, glad you are expanding, bud! I thought you just started your blog by yourself with a handful of published reviews, but seems like you are growing :wink: Looking forward to your AP200 review!

Thank you, my friend!

I can't wait to see your take on it as well! I vaguely recall that you already have one of the pre-production samples , I would love to have a little talk about how different the production samples are from the pre-production as well, it would make an interesting topic.

Really the amount of time they have spent on the firmware is not a lot compared to the typical Android DAP. Other companies have spent years and not gotten it right. Not to say Hidizs won't get it right. In fact I think they will, impressed by their approach. If they really can deliver a quality product in the next two months, that will be an extremely impressive feat. I hope they do. It will set a new price to performance bar.

That is what we all want to see. The higher the bar is set, the better all products out there become and this makes more fun for us!

We will find out in a few days how AP200 sounds and feels like!

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #534 of 2,616
Thank you, my friend!

I can't wait to see your take on it as well! I vaguely recall that you already have one of the pre-production samples , I would love to have a little talk about how different the production samples are from the pre-production as well, it would make an interesting topic.

I don't have ap200.

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #537 of 2,616
Fingers crossed that the ap200 is a decent unit. About ready for a new dap and the ap200 ticks nearly all the boxes for me. Just hope battery life is decent and lasts 9 or so hours (enough to get me through the day at work on average). Just not sure whether to go for the 128 or the 32!

Jul 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #538 of 2,616
Fingers crossed that the ap200 is a decent unit. About ready for a new dap and the ap200 ticks nearly all the boxes for me. Just hope battery life is decent and lasts 9 or so hours (enough to get me through the day at work on average). Just not sure whether to go for the 128 or the 32!

You have quite the long working day...

I'll make sure to test how long the battery lasts, but please keep in mind that what settings you use and how much screen on time you have and such will have an impact over the battery life.

For the record, I generally use Flac, 10% screen on time, 20% streaming time, and loud volumes for testing. This generally means that most users will get at least the same times I get and most usually more with a device.

Many times users report much longer play times than me, so at least I can report that you will get at least X time even under heavy consumption.

Please make sure to let your ears breathe from time to time and please make sure to practice safety at work while enjoying music.

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #539 of 2,616
You have quite the long working day...

I'll make sure to test how long the battery lasts, but please keep in mind that what settings you use and how much screen on time you have and such will have an impact over the battery life.

For the record, I generally use Flac, 10% screen on time, 20% streaming time, and loud volumes for testing. This generally means that most users will get at least the same times I get and most usually more with a device.

Many times users report much longer play times than me, so at least I can report that you will get at least X time even under heavy consumption.

Please make sure to let your ears breathe from time to time and please make sure to practice safety at work while enjoying music.

I do a 8 hour working day, with a half hour for lunch and 2 15 minute breaks throughout the day. The rest of the time I'm pretty much working. My listening schedule at work goes something like :-

9:00 - 10:30 ish album or double live album until it finishes.

11:00 Break

11:15 Back to work

11:30-11:45 album or audiobook depending on how I feel and what I'm doing until lunch at 1pm until 1:30pm

13:45-15:15 album or audiobook etc until tea break or it finishes.

15:15 - 15:30 last break of the day

15:30 - 16:30 Anything goes, sometimes I don't bother.

That gives you a rough idea and some days vary more than others. If there's (often) a lot of crap going on around me I tend to shove some iems in and get on with it, other day's not so much! Once I get an album playing I generally just leave the player alone.

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #540 of 2,616
I do a 8 hour working day, with a half hour for lunch and 2 15 minute breaks throughout the day. The rest of the time I'm pretty much working. My listening schedule at work goes something like :-

9:00 - 10:30 ish album or double live album until it finishes.

11:00 Break

11:15 Back to work

11:30-11:45 album or audiobook depending on how I feel and what I'm doing until lunch at 1pm until 1:30pm

13:45-15:15 album or audiobook etc until tea break or it finishes.

15:15 - 15:30 last break of the day

15:30 - 16:30 Anything goes, sometimes I don't bother.

That gives you a rough idea and some days vary more than others. If there's (often) a lot of crap going on around me I tend to shove some iems in and get on with it, other day's not so much! Once I get an album playing I generally just leave the player alone.

I hope that your days will be getting better soon!

I'll make sure to test the okay time and let.you know if AP200's battery covers a schedule like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back