New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #361 of 2,616
Of course you are 100% right ! I have no opinions, questions or ideas worth posting...

perhaps you should develop a relationship with Hidizs and you too will get to help out. I would love to know what the product will be in its final state, but until the company who owns the product releases the information you seek... you are going to wait or walk away. the choice is yours

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #362 of 2,616
Guys, some very good points made on both sides and very well articulated and interesting to read!

To be far in this circumstance Hidizs may have broken with the normal protocol on HF and given new people a chance to help in development other than the normal set of "safe hands" that other well known DAP makers seem to do (no dig intended).

As an owner of the AP100 for several years and one who has tried to spread the word how good it was especially for its price I urge Hidizs to concentrate on sound quality before they release it for general sale.

In the meantime I see no harm in comments made on SQ improvements due to firmware updates provided that the hardware is the final spec (but we will probably never know)?

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #363 of 2,616
Of course you are 100% right ! I have no opinions, questions or ideas worth posting...

I didn't say that. You have every right to ask. If any of the testers feel its OK to post impressions, then maybe one will, but it won't be on the finished product. I can understand wanting to know if a Kickstarter is worth investing in. I did a crowdfunding that had I known how far away they really were, I wouldn't have done it. I think you will eventually get the kind of knowledge you seek, but likely just not yet. I don't have any inside info, but I think this is a ways off yet. Didn't mean to offend you, my apologies:)

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #365 of 2,616
considering how many name brands struggle with firmware issues well beyond product release, maybe just maybe Hidizs (a small company in comparison) is bucking the trend of releasing before complete and looking to "get it right" before accepting money

Yes, this is exactly my thought too. Its refreshing and honorable, especially after experiencing the exact opposite.

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #366 of 2,616
considering how many name brands struggle with firmware issues well beyond product release, maybe just maybe Hidizs (a small company in comparison) is bucking the trend of releasing before complete and looking to "get it right" before accepting money

Or maybe think about it the other way around :wink: Considering how many companies Hiby is partnered with and has to service with firmware for every released product (FiiO, Cayin, Hidizs, Questyle, Shanling, Eros, etc), maybe just maybe Hidizs has to wait for their turn? :D Of course, it's a pure speculation, but as you correctly pointed out, small companies don't have resources of Sony or A&K :frowning2: And when you try to do it on your own, well, you end up like Luxury & Precision...

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #367 of 2,616
Still hoping to see some pics compared to the M1/M2s so I can get an idea of it's relative size.

I don't expect it to be as small the those, just want to get a feel for actual size compared to something I'm familiar with.

Jun 28, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #368 of 2,616
Well, I can't post a pic (don't have a test unit), but the dimensions are specified as 106.5 x 60.5 x 15.7 mm. So about 4 inches tall, about 2.25 inches wide and a little over a half inch thick. Smaller than I was thinking.

What I see posted as M2s dimensions 85.6 x 53 x 14.5 mm. So about 3.5 inches tall, 2 inches wide and almost the same thickness, Notmuch different really.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #369 of 2,616
Or maybe think about it the other way around :wink: Considering how many companies Hiby is partnered with and has to service with firmware for every released product (FiiO, Cayin, Hidizs, Questyle, Shanling, Eros, etc), maybe just maybe Hidizs has to wait for their turn? :D Of course, it's a pure speculation, but as you correctly pointed out, small companies don't have resources of Sony or A&K :frowning2: And when you try to do it on your own, well, you end up like Luxury & Precision...

Wait a second, what happened to Luxury& Precision?

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #370 of 2,616
Jun 28, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #371 of 2,616
Well, I can't post a pic (don't have a test unit), but the dimensions are specified as 106.5 x 60.5 x 15.7 mm. So about 4 inches tall, about 2.25 inches wide and a little over a half inch thick. Smaller than I was thinking.

What I see posted as M2s dimensions 85.6 x 53 x 14.5 mm. So about 3.5 inches tall, 2 inches wide and almost the same thickness, Notmuch different really.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, that is helpful.

But there's something about actually seeing (and feeling it) that just numbers can't convey.

It does sound like something I'd be interested in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back