New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #331 of 2,616
I'm intrigued, as I've been considering an Android powered DAP. Originally was considering a Fiio X5 III, but really want something smaller.

Are there any pictures comparing the size to other DAPS (Fiip X5 III, Shamling M2s and the like).

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #332 of 2,616
I'm intrigued, as I've been considering an Android powered DAP. Originally was considering a Fiio X5 III, but really want something smaller.

Are there any pictures comparing the size to other DAPS (Fiip X5 III, Shamling M2s and the like).

That would be a great idea!

Having a touchscreen, there is a limit to how small the screen can be for usage purposes though, you have to consider that some people might have bigger fingers.

Sound comparisons would also be really welcome when somebody gets the chance to do it!

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #333 of 2,616

Is this something you could help with nmatheis perhaps?

Jun 23, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #336 of 2,616
That would be a great idea!

Having a touchscreen, there is a limit to how small the screen can be for usage purposes though, you have to consider that some people might have bigger fingers.

Sound comparisons would also be really welcome when somebody gets the chance to do it!

Oh I understand, I have big hands and fingers myself. I don't expect it to be as small as the M2s, just want to see a visual indication of where it stands between the something like the M2s and X5 III.

I think they are holding off on sound comparisons until they get close to a final firmware, as it likely to change.

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #338 of 2,616
Guys, what do you make of the similarities of the Hiby A6 DAP and the Hidizs AP200?

http://www.hiby.cd/cpcc/index_49.aspx

AP200 looks like it has a full touchscreen while A6 looks like it is based on touch buttons.

The outer shape looks a bit similar

The sound - the part that matters - we don't know anything about the sound yet...

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #341 of 2,616
The sound - the part that matters - we don't know anything about the sound yet...

Yes George, for the vast majority of us - it is all about the SQ and in my case the touch screen is more of a negative to me as I prefer some basic buttons.

There is absolutely no harm in a collaboration once they concentrate on SQ and not on bells, whistles and go-faster stripes! :ksc75smile:

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #342 of 2,616
Yes George, for the vast majority of us - it is all about the SQ and in my case the touch screen is more of a negative to me as I prefer some basic buttons.

There is absolutely no harm in a collaboration once they concentrate on SQ and not on bells, whistles and go-faster stripes! :ksc75smile:

I also really hope that they did focus on the sound! Of course there's no harm in big companies collaborating, just look at what FiiO has done with IEMs since collaborating with Dunu! The more perfected a product is, based on experience, the better!

Basic solutions are really good, but a well-implemented touch screen can be good with proper implementation.

I've been using FiiO X5ii for a long while now, so wheels and hardware buttons are no new things - and before it I had a Cowon J3 which was touch screen, but which was pretty well implemented - and before it an iRiver DAP which had buttons - transition was good as long as the company implemented those well.

The first FiiO X5 had the small problem of its buttons being a bit iffy since they would press randomly while it was in the pocket, but second generation solved that and now they don't have any of those problems anymore.

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #344 of 2,616
The AP200 is using HiBy music player software... HIDIZS folks said to think of the A6 as advertising for their AP60. Also according to HIDIZS, HiBy is "involved" in the production of Most Chinese DAP's ...

info via facebook messenger with HIDIZS...

Good info!

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back