New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Mar 4, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #2,163 of 2,616
Sounds bad. Doesn't sound like Hidizs is doing well the the AP200. Despite some "reviewer's" posts. Glad I didn't back this. Already got burned by Echobox.

I am very happy with my AP200, especially since the recent firmware update.

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #2,165 of 2,616
I am very happy with my AP200, especially since the recent firmware update.

Thank you for your support, We will do our best to make the firmware smothly.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #2,166 of 2,616
Mar 5, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #2,167 of 2,616
What happened?

it has been Tentatively Deleted by Moderators due it " reads somewhat like an advertisement for Hidizs" as they explained to me in a private message

As I have no connections with Hidizs at all and I launched a thread purely for a benefit of head fi members I hope the thread will be re opened , I replied few days ago to moderators with a detailed explanations and I truly hope this misunderstanding will be solved quickly and to be honest it is a somehow disappointment as I spent my time, made some researches, gathered photos and info in order to give as much as possible to head fi member and they just shut you down because it reads somewhat like an advertisement? maybe its better first to ask, find out and only after shut it down if proofed ?

cheers

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #2,168 of 2,616
it has been Tentatively Deleted by Moderators due it " reads somewhat like an advertisement for Hidizs" as they explained to me in a private message

As I have no connections with Hidizs at all and I launched a thread purely for a benefit of head fi members I hope the thread will be re opened , I replied few days ago to moderators with a detailed explanations and I truly hope this misunderstanding will be solved quickly and to be honest it is a somehow disappointment as I spent my time, made some researches, gathered photos and info in order to give as much as possible to head fi member and they just shut you down because it reads somewhat like an advertisement? maybe its better first to ask, find out and only after shut it down if proofed ?

cheers

Welp, I mean, it is an upcoming product, we should have a place to talk about it, at least HIDIZS should be allowed to make a thread for it :)

@kenloveme @Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial If anothr user cannot make the thread, can you kindly create it so we have a place to also talk about DH1000? Mine is inbound to arrive in literally half an hour lol :)

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #2,169 of 2,616
Welp, I mean, it is an upcoming product, we should have a place to talk about it, at least HIDIZS should be allowed to make a thread for it :)

@kenloveme @Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial If anothr user cannot make the thread, can you kindly create it so we have a place to also talk about DH1000? Mine is inbound to arrive in literally half an hour lol :)

Of course that is a must If the thread is not going to be re opened today/tommorow and to be honest I dont see any reason why it should not be. Hope I wont loose trust in this forum !!!

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #2,170 of 2,616
Of course that is a must If the thread is not going to be re opened today/tommorow and to be honest I dont see any reason why it should not be. Hope I wont loose trust in this forum !!!

Don't worry, making a thread for a product doesn't even mean that you like it lol :)

Tho, the package has arrived to me so I'll post a few thoughts on DH1000 in a little bit XD

I think we need to know what is out there, and some companies really do not make threads themselves and we should

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #2,172 of 2,616
The package arrived to me actually, I have a DH1000

So far those are my thoughts:

Goods:

- Beautiful
- Sleek
- Sexy
- The sound is very neutral, very very uncolored to my ears, seems on the brighter side when compared to Q5 + AMP5
- Much better sound than my phone
- Will probably be a nice add to AP200 as well
- Larger than I imagined it'd be, around the same sizw as FiiO Q5
- Did I mention that it is beautiful
- The ports are varied, cables included are varied
- Connected to my smartphone even quicker than Q5, almost instantly, no issues with other devices as well
- Good detailing
- Wide soundstage
- LED shows when it is on and when it is charging
- Button volume control is nice and precise
- No Volume variation between the ears
- Balanced jack has more power and more dynamics to my ears.
- Both the 3.5mm and the 2.5mm jacks work at the same time. This was interesting because I tested it with FiiO F9 Pro, and I kept one of the ears plugged in with the balanced cable in the balanced port, and the other ear with the SE cable in the SE port. This made it easy to hear the differences between BAL and SE. The volume is higher on BAL, it has more power, and even after volume matching, BAL has better dynamics and a more vivid presentation.
- Good overall power, can drive LCD-MX4, Beyer Amiron
- No build quality issues on my unit
- No delay when playing videos, this is really flawless to me and I care because I watch a lot of Anime Music Videos on my smartphone and tablets
- Cables are nice lengths to use with different devices of different sizes

Bads:

- Welp, I did notice this by mistake, and it is no biggie, but should be taken into account: There is no way to know how many buttons presses of volume you have at the moment, at least I haven't noticed any so far. I now thing that Q5 having that wheel helps approximate what volume you're in
- This is not an amp and it is not a DAC. This is a DAC/AMP only, there is no line in and As far as I can tell there is no line out, just a headphone out. I mean, yes, if you bout it to use it like this, you'll be a happy camper, but it is good to keep in mind that this is the only usage it can have, DAC/AMP from a device.

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #2,174 of 2,616
Okay, so I had a chance to install DH1000 (Sonata) in my main audio system

MAAAAN

This thing rocks!!!

I love the sound it is doing for my speaker system

Another thought : My speaker system couldn't handle the signal from other sources, like say, FiiO Q5's line out (probably too much voltage), but it works juuust fine with DH1000, to the point where I'm in love with the combination!

Basically: Due to comfort and because I am one to not over-complicate things, I was using my home speaker system with the PC's built-in audio. I was more or less happy with the combination, but something was lacking. Well, DH1000 makes another world of a difference. I can now hear that dynamic range they talk so much about, and how my speakers can actually sound more amaizng than I imagined :)

Will keep epxloring DH1000 (Sonata) and report back :)

Mar 6, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #2,175 of 2,616
@Dobrescu George

Great to hear such a good things about DH1000, can't wait for mine to arrive, but I guess it will take some time as I am just a backer :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back