New headphones
Jan 30, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #31 of 39

Quote:
Quote:
I have the ATH-A700s and have been quite happy with them. As for portability, I guess that depends on what you are willing to carry. They are rather large, but isloate well and I don't mind wearing them for extended periods.

I heard their soundstage is one of the best for the price.  What's your take on it?  

I think the soundstage is very good at the price point, even being driven directly out of a basic sound card or portable player. I have used them with my iPhone 3G and nowt my HTC Evo. Since I bought Etymotic HF5s to wear at work, the A700s stay connected to my computer using an Asus Xonar Essence STX. I think they benefit from some amping, but they seems to be true of all cans.

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #32 of 39
Thank you, wotts.   

Any more suggestions from anyone?  I will be using them out of portable players a lot, and my computer.

EDIT: Would any of you suggest the ATH-M50s?  They are pretty cheap.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #34 of 39
Can't recommend the ATH-M50 as I havent heard them myself but I am highly interested in them.

Maybe you could take a look at ATH-ES7? Closed back, smaller than they look and if it matters, a sexy beast. I've read about people thinking it got a 'fun n exciting' mid range and the sound signature is not what you are used to, which is what it makes them so good (apparently). needs lots of burn in though

to me, it's either ATH-M50 or ATH-ES7. and yeah, haven't tried any of these. Can only comment about steelseries siberia v1 headphones

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #36 of 39
I guess, portability isn't really a must.  I will only use it for my computer, and sometimes on a bus, so it doesn't need to be extremely portable.  What's best for around (or less than!!!) 200?  I listen to pretty much everything.  I just want the best quality I can get.

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #37 of 39
I have both the m50's and the ES7's and they both sound amazing. However, the ES7's don't isolate as much, that's for sure. So you may not enjoy them on a bus. Plus the cups are fingerprint magnets so you might be conscientious of trying to maintain them/protect them from scratches. I think the m50's are great all-rounders. They're too bulky for me to wear portably (personal preference) but I've seen people use them portably. They look good, sound good, isolate, and are not that pricey. I'd recommend you try them both out somewhere before making a decision. You can't really lose no matter which you pick though.

Hope this helps!

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #39 of 39
awesome hope you like them 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back