New HD25 with shinny shell and silly name
Jan 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #31 of 99

Quote:
I'm on the same page here, the industrial matte black hd25 somewhat gives an old classic "great man standing" effect. Shiny blue is just too.... Mainstream?

Yeah, I think so. Not that I care so much about mainstream here, but it's not good looking to me. I guess it's all about taste, my friend.

Quote:
^^^This.  :frowning2:

:frowning2:

You and me both. That's how I sound when I walk up the stairs... except for the fact that I don't describe the sound of headphones while doing it. My neighbours would probably think I'm crazy if I did that and my wife would send me to the looney bin.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #37 of 99
Well looks like I'm selling my HD25s and buying these.. the original ones are so butt ugly for public use.

Edit: Nvm saw the above posts. $350.. What. Probably going to be sold in Apple stores considering the Apple price.

Jan 15, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #39 of 99
can't justify the price with looks alone. even the line-in mic isn't worth the extra $150. the HD25 Adidas Original is currently retailing for €199 @ pixmania.com & the black HD25-1 II  is going for €169 - €179 online. much more worthy unless the Amperior has way better improved sound quality.

Jan 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #40 of 99

Quote:
can't justify the price with looks alone. even the line-in mic isn't worth the extra $150. the HD25 Adidas Original is currently retailing for €199 @ pixmania.com & the black HD25-1 II  is going for €169 - €179 online. much more worthy unless the Amperior has way better improved sound quality.

it's probably more of a sidegrade then a upgrade. common complaints with the hd25 are.. closed in soundstage, and shrill treble. they aren't going to change the soundstage much so its probably just less shrilly highs and a more purdy shell

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #41 of 99
The new ones look pretty nice IMO. Price is a bit steep compared to the HD25, though.

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #42 of 99
Price isn't all that bad for me, considering the prices the HD25 tend to go at in Canada...hopefully the prices for these isn't inflated here too.  Still though, is $350 actually official...?  It was March when they were supposed to announce the pricing.

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #43 of 99
actually the price is only revealed in the US sennheiser site. got to wait until march for the EU price. if $349 is the official price then the Amperior will go around for €329 - 339 in EU. But still its more pricy(for me atleast)

Jan 17, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #44 of 99
I thought that Tyll did amazingly well not to inadvertently step off of the sidewalk into the oncoming traffic, as he was walking, talking, listening and videotaping his own mini-review.

Who says that audiophiles can't multi-task?!?*

Cheers.

*My wife does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back