New HD25 with shinny shell and silly name
Apr 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #91 of 99
"The Amperiors are the best sounding supra-aural sealed cans I've heard to date, handily besting the DT1350, V-Moda M-80, and, of course, the HD 25-1 II. I love these headphones."

Straight from Tyll's review. I appreciate numbers, graphs, and measurements, but that is a bottom line statement from a guy who has heard them all. Notice the use of the word "handily." That's high praise considering where those cans placed in "ljokerl's" 
confused_face_2.gif
  excellent comparison review/ranking.

I like the added style and zip from that blue aluminum, not to speak of what it actually does for the sound. Agree with everyone about the price. Wait for Black Friday sale on Amazon or elsewhere, pick 'em up, return if not liked. But Tyll is actualling saying these are the BEST closed on ear HPs he has ever heard. WOW!

Cheers!

May 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #97 of 99
The Amperior actually sounds slightly better in every way even though the drivers are the same. Is it worth $150? depends but not IMO.

May 7, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #98 of 99
I haven't really heard the HD25's - heard the addidas ones...and they weren't anything special.

Long story short:
If you're really concerned about the new one.
Just get the old one, and an amp or something of the sort, and be done with it.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #99 of 99
These, along with the dt1350's sound very promising.  I only wish there was someplace in the Cleveland, Ohio area to demo these.

Steve

Quote:
"The Amperiors are the best sounding supra-aural sealed cans I've heard to date, handily besting the DT1350, V-Moda M-80, and, of course, the HD 25-1 II. I love these headphones."

Straight from Tyll's review. I appreciate numbers, graphs, and measurements, but that is a bottom line statement from a guy who has heard them all. Notice the use of the word "handily." That's high praise considering where those cans placed in "ljokerl's" 
confused_face_2.gif
  excellent comparison review/ranking.

I like the added style and zip from that blue aluminum, not to speak of what it actually does for the sound. Agree with everyone about the price. Wait for Black Friday sale on Amazon or elsewhere, pick 'em up, return if not liked. But Tyll is actualling saying these are the BEST closed on ear HPs he has ever heard. WOW!

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back