New Guttenberg article on Grado
May 30, 2011 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DigitalFreak

镇老鹰
This is for all the Grado fan boys out there. From the article picture old John Grado seems to be enjoying himself as much as always. I've yet to see a picture of the dude where he looks run down or grouchy. Any case hit the link below and enjoy.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20066815-47.html?tag=mncol;title

May 31, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 9
thanks for posting

May 31, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 9
Thanks...wish it was longer and I can imagine some questions such as:
  1. The new chrome plating on their headphones (PS1000 and 325i), what is the plan and what were the ideas behind the new plating?
  2. Any new models planned or any tweaks to the existing line-up?
  3. Could John share any more about the improvements to the "i" versions?  Was there an actual change to sound aimed for or just physical robustness/design consistency?
  4. Would John share any specifics about the design/sound differences/philosophy between the "house" Grados and the Alessandros?

(These questions might not be suitable for the broader Guttenberg readership but I wonder if any other Grado fans here would also enjoy a chance to hear anything about the above?)

May 31, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Thanks...wish it was longer and I can imagine some questions such as:
  1. The new chrome plating on their headphones (PS1000 and 325i), what is the plan and what were the ideas behind the new plating?
  2. Any new models planned or any tweaks to the existing line-up?
  3. Could John share any more about the improvements to the "i" versions?  Was there an actual change to sound aimed for or just physical robustness/design consistency?
  4. Would John share any specifics about the design/sound differences/philosophy between the "house" Grados and the Alessandros?

(These questions might not be suitable for the broader Guttenberg readership but I wonder if any other Grado fans here would also enjoy a chance to hear anything about the above?)

I certainly would like some answers to those questions. I'm kind of hoping Jude might one day do an interview and post it here. He seems to be part of the audio press so I'm guessing he could possibly swing it. By the way has the new chrome plating on the PS1000 and 325i's started to ship to dealers yet? So far every time I check some audio dealer sites all I see are the old versions for sale.

May 31, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 9
I  know I saw the article. Haven't seen anything else though anywhere on the net advertising them for sale yet. I'm just wondering if they will be available soon and if the new look has any impact on sound. Basically I have the same questions you have.

May 31, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #8 of 9
Grado advised me back in the beginning of March this year that "we started shipping the new finish about two months ago". I don't think that Grado announced the new chrome finish for the PS1000 at the time of introduction.

May 31, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #9 of 9
Wow - nice article. Those pics brought me back to our meets there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back