New Grado Owner
Jul 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
I'm on my way to become a SR60 user too. I feel even more convinced after reading good comments about them on these thread. My only (if any) worry is about comfort, especially after long periods of listening.

Can't wait to get my pair now.

The only thing that bothers me about mine is the headband is not padded....and for those of us who keep our hair from 1/8" to 1/4" in length, that can be an issue. But  I have a fairly sizable melon, and I've had no issues with clamping force, like some report.

Jul 14, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #17 of 27

Quote:
  Higher end Grados (like my SR325is) can give violins a little too much edge. 

Aha!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.  

The 60s were my first set of decent headphones and they are very good for the price.  I'm sure you will definitely enjoy them and then slide down the slope with the rest of us.  :)  

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #19 of 27
Yessir!

Welcome to the club!

Next stop, SR325is.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #20 of 27
Congrats on your purchase and a formal welcome to head-fi to you.  I have the Grado SR60s but my daughter ended up with them and I ended up with the RS-1(w/buttons)...Grados are a lovely listen...highly addictive and unique in their presentation but sit back now and enjoy the stage with the band your listening to and truly learn what PRAT is....wait...

....is your foot tapping yet?.....uh huh....knew it was.

Put a lock on that wallet, now...<grin> .... because the best headphone, is the one you haven't heard yet....enjoy the one your with.

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:39 AM Post #21 of 27
Some impressions:

I LOVE the upfront presentation.  There's about 10 hours on them (haven't had a chance to leave them alone for burn-in yet), and I'm not particularly good at spotting differences between brand new and where they are now, but I can sum it all up: I love the sound.

A few of my bandmates listened to them, and they might be making the same purchases.

Now...bowls?!

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #22 of 27
Some impressions:

I LOVE the upfront presentation.  There's about 10 hours on them (haven't had a chance to leave them alone for burn-in yet), and I'm not particularly good at spotting differences between brand new and where they are now, but I can sum it all up: I love the sound.

A few of my bandmates listened to them, and they might be making the same purchases.

Now...bowls?!

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #23 of 27

Quote:
Some impressions:

Now...bowls?!

If you've already been enjoying listening to them, then I wouldn't bother just leaving them to burn in.....listening to them will do the same thing and be more fun.
L3000.gif

And as far as the bowls....I've never bothered getting a set, I like the sound so much with the comfy pads....but a lot of people seem to like the bowl sound.

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #24 of 27
just got my pair a couple of hours ago and have been listening it with a silly grin on my face. about the sound, all I can say is...WOW. I was beginning to think I've set up my expectations a bit too high but I am a Grado fan from now on already. Now what I wonder is, how better can it get with higher models? I can't really imagine. I won't be surprised if I find myself ordering a pair of sr225.

I also have a couple of questions in my mind, hopefully some people can help.

1) They came with famous HD414 pads. Whats the difference between padded sound vs & original sound? (With default pads out of the box).

2) My pair is not SR60, its just SR60. What am I missing out?

3) Can Fiio E5 make a decent job with driving these? I think a bit more sound would be nice.

Thanks in advance, I'm off to spend some time with my Grados
rolleyes.gif

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #25 of 27
in response to your third question, i used a fiio e5 when i still had my grado sr60. the bass boost made the sound more exciting 
smile.gif

those are pretty bang-for-buck cans :)

Quote:
just got my pair a couple of hours ago and have been listening it with a silly grin on my face. about the sound, all I can say is...WOW. I was beginning to think I've set up my expectations a bit too high but I am a Grado fan from now on already. Now what I wonder is, how better can it get with higher models? I can't really imagine. I won't be surprised if I find myself ordering a pair of sr225.

I also have a couple of questions in my mind, hopefully some people can help.

1) They came with famous HD414 pads. Whats the difference between padded sound vs & original sound? (With default pads out of the box).

2) My pair is not SR60, its just SR60. What am I missing out?

3) Can Fiio E5 make a decent job with driving these? I think a bit more sound would be nice.

Thanks in advance, I'm off to spend some time with my Grados
rolleyes.gif

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #26 of 27
Grados are pretty efficient, and E5 will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back