New Gear For Sale/Trade and User Feedback Systems
Oct 11, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #46 of 109
I purchased some headphones from a seller here, and the sale took place on Sept. 10th.
Due to some customs issues, I've only received the phones today.

Now I can no longer post a reply on the archived feedback threads.

Is it allowed to leave feedback using the new system, but pointing to an archived FS thread?

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #49 of 109
I just left feedback for someone using the new system, but linking to an old thread, so I don't see why not.

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #50 of 109
For some reason when I leave feedback for someone, it asks me for the url of the item I traded with drsnyder every time. For example, I clicked on Currawong's profile above me and went to the feedback part, and under his name I get this:

Quote:
Enter the classified URL of the item you traded with drsnyder. That URL will look like this:

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #53 of 109
Some rather severe issues:

1. Sale/trade forums need to support other currencies besides USD (especially EUR, in my case).
  2. My sale thread doesn't appear on my subscriptions page (even though I have subscribed).
  3. Can the old feedback threads be merged with the new system? It took me years to get my 100% positive reputation thread as it is, and now it's rather sad to have to start all over again.

Oct 15, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #54 of 109
dfkt: It would be impossible to "merge" the old feedback threads, as there are no "positive", "negative" or "neutral" scores on the posts, nor links to the sale threads.  However, you haven't lost your old feedback at all, it's still there and you can still link to it as usual, in FS threads or your signature, for example. 
smile.gif

Oct 17, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #56 of 109

Quote:

I didn't see an answer to this question.  I just tried to bump a for sale and it didn't move.  What's the scoop?

with bump you also have to lower the price :p

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #58 of 109
PM sent from a sale thread via dropdown menu doesn't work either, gives an error message "Argument 'body' was specified empty."

Really, that whole new system is just way more hassle and bureaucracy than a simple regular thread (and a regular feedback thread), with having to specify price and having to use yet another image uploader script (no, I don't use Java, I used the normal one). As somebody in this thread here already said: don't fix what isn't broken.

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #59 of 109

Quote:
PM sent from a sale thread via dropdown menu doesn't work either, gives an error message "Argument 'body' was specified empty."

Really, that whole new system is just way more hassle and bureaucracy than a simple regular thread (and a regular feedback thread), with having to specify price and having to use yet another image uploader script (no, I don't use Java, I used the normal one). As somebody in this thread here already said: don't fix what isn't broken.

I was getting this same error message the other day also.  I ended up just going to my inbox and creating one.  It worked from there.  Some type of bug I presume.

I kind of think the new way works nice.  You can very easly filter things (for sale, wanted, etc.) and when an item is marked as sold, it disappers from the view (If filter is set). 

I just wish I could get some kind of acknowledgement on the bumping of these threads (it gone, its back, working on it, broke, etc.).

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #60 of 109

Quote:

Yeah I get that often (Chrome 7 and on latest FF). Sometimes refreshing works, sometimes closing the browser but mostly I have to start a conversation all over with a new PM by clicking on the profile of guy I'm having combo with rather than just continuing the combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back