New Gear For Sale/Trade and User Feedback Systems
Oct 7, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #17 of 109

Quote:
They do? I personally don't know any. Most people detest change.

Sorry, you're right, I should have said that some people push for change anyway.
Change is inevitable for many things.

Oct 7, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #20 of 109

Quote:
Hi, I cannot "Create a new classified" under the headphone for sale/trade section. The button isn't there? It's there under the amplification/source etc areas, just not headphone. 

Sorry about that.  We're aware of it, and should have it resolved soon.

Oct 8, 2010 at 12:30 PM Post #23 of 109
Sorry if I've missed something here, but how do you actually leave feedback in the new system? There don't appear to be any controls to allow the creation of feedback, only the display of feedback. Thanks.

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #25 of 109
Not being able to import old feedback that established members have taken years to built is a SEVERE disservice to them. I highly suggest Head-Fi find a way to import the feedback and not punish long standing members. This is three steps back IMHO.

Oct 8, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #26 of 109

Quote:
It should be fixed now.  Please let me know if you find otherwise.

Hi Jude.  Will the FS/FT thread remain free to use, or will head-fi be taking a cut out of each sale now or in the near future?

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #28 of 109

Quote:
There are no plans to charge for the use of the Gear FS/T system.

beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #29 of 109
Hi Joe, thanks for the feedback tutorial. One thing though, will there be a mechanism to control (or remove) the use of the feedback by non-participants of the transaction. Now it appears that anyone with a grudge could get in and leave troublesome feedback to falsely skew someones rating. In the old system if that happened at least the original members involved could post a rebuttal, or at least prove that the post wasn't legitimate. It appears the intent here was to pattern Head-fi feedback after eBay feedback model, but in that system only the people involved in the transaction have access to the feedback string. Thanks.

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #30 of 109
While you're changing things, I'd like a separation of portable and full size much like the equipment forums;
Headphones (full size) for sale/trade
Portable headphones and IEMs for sale/trade

This would really make it easier for people in the market for IEMs since there is a much greater amount of full size HPs in the current forum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back