New Gear For Sale/Trade and User Feedback Systems
Oct 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109
The new, purpose-built Gear For Sale/Trade area is up!  You can find it where you would have found the old Gear For Sale/Trade Forums before.  Click here for a list of the sub-categories in the new format.

What did we do with the old Gear For Sale / Trade Forums, and all of the threads within them?  We changed each of the old Gear For Sale/Trade Forums into a sub-forum of its new counterpart.  For example, if you go into the new Headphones For Sale/Trade are, you will find a sub-forum within it called Headphone For Sale/Trade Archive.  These archived (old version) For Sale/Trade categories will no longer allow new threads to be created in them.  To post a new for sale/trade post, you must use the new system.  However, to allow the completion of existing deals, responses are currently still allowed in the Archive areas.

Also, you may have noticed that we have instituted new feedback functionality, integrated with each user profile.  Unfortunately, we were unable to import any previous user feedback from the old feedback threads into each respective profile.  If you have a lot of established feedback under the old user feedback thread system, we suggest you place a link to it in your signature.  For example, Head-Fi moderator/administrator Currawong has feedback in the old system that he could put a link to in his signature--maybe something like:

My archived buyer/seller feedback

If you are considering buying or trading with someone, we highly suggest searching the archived feedback area for any archived feedback for the user you are considering transacting with (assuming he has any archived feedback) when performing your due diligence ahead of the transaction.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them in this thread.

Oct 7, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 109

Is it okay to repost archived, existing ads in the new system?

Thanks.

If you do that, please edit your original post (in the old area) with a notification and link to the *new* post, and/or a post with that notification and link appended to the end of your old thread. Obviously, having to do things like this will soon be unnecessary, when all active deals are represented in the new system. Thanks for the good question, s1rrah.

Oct 7, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #4 of 109
In the future, will Head-Fi take a cut for each item sold, or will the For Sale / For Trade section always remain free to use?

It's unfortunate that there wasn't a way to import our feedback into our user feedback section.  It would be nice to have everything in one area.

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 109
Are want to buy, want to trade for threads allowed in the new system?  How should one go about posting one?  Same as before with a WTB in the title or is there going to be a separate area for this?

I figure it's the title thing, but WTB and WTTF weren't addressed in the original topic, so I figured I'd ask.

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 109
Neat!

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #9 of 109
I really like the new system. GJ
The preview photo attached to each sale/trade thread is especially a good idea as I normally skip those who don't have any photos attached so it kinda forces people who are selling to make photos and attach them.

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #10 of 109
And I really like the old system.  I like basic, don't like fancy.  But it is, what it is.

ph34r.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 109
I like the new feedback system. It's much easier to access especially for those who do not put links in their signature or profile.

Will there ever be an option for just putting the item name instead of the link to it?

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #13 of 109

Users who are viewing this thread

Back