New Gear For Sale/Trade and User Feedback Systems
Oct 20, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #61 of 109
When I look at the FS/FT forums as a buyer I usually immediately uncheck the Wanted box.
However if I do a refresh of the page, the Wanted ads just come right back, even though the Wanted box remains unchecked.

I have to check the Wanted box again, and deselect it again.

Not a huge deal but it is an annoyance.

Oct 20, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #62 of 109
I just found the answer to my bumping question.  After staring at these pages for days, I finally noticed the sort by drop down.  Changed it to "Updated Date" and it worked as expected.  Just learning and getting use to the new system.

This new "sort by" item I just found, you can easily see the new things without have to look through others that are updated activily.  Another plus for the system... IMO.

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #63 of 109
Minor/moderate annoyance related to Gorthon's post. If I change the sort to something other than "creation date", can it remember that preference instead of me changing it every time? Also, after it reloads the page when I change the sort order, the selection box is remains highlighted, which means if I press the up/down arrows or PgUp/PgDn, it changes the sort order again and makes the page reload. This was pretty frustrating until I figured out what the heck was happening.

Oct 21, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #64 of 109
Am I missing something, or are there way fewer F/S threads being posted since the system change?  I see threads still on page 1 for at least a couple days, when it used to cycle much faster than that.  And there's fewer threads per page now too.  Seems like 1/3 of what it was before.

Otherwise, I like the idea.  The only complaint I have is that there is way more text to scan through now, where before it was just a title and I thought it was easier to scan through them.  But clearly this new system has advantages too. 

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #66 of 109

Quote:
Am I missing something, or are there way fewer F/S threads being posted since the system change?  I see threads still on page 1 for at least a couple days, when it used to cycle much faster than that.  And there's fewer threads per page now too.  Seems like 1/3 of what it was before.

Otherwise, I like the idea.  The only complaint I have is that there is way more text to scan through now, where before it was just a title and I thought it was easier to scan through them.  But clearly this new system has advantages too. 

Note that the old forum was also cluttered with SOLD!
Lots of items get taken within one or two days and that carries the appearance of a slow forum when they are taken off the list so fast

Oct 25, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #68 of 109
Not impressed with the new system at all. 

I have an outstanding feedback item to give to Jjihn on the srm-1/mk2. 

First of all, there is no fs thread - I just pmed him here to agree to buy it a few months ago, 
2nd the old feedback thread is locked
3rd the new feedback char limit is 256. 

Seriously... F.... 

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #69 of 109
I haven't used the new system yet, but if it's true that there is a 256 character limit, that does not sound ideal.

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #72 of 109
What exactly is the purpose of "IC" threads? Either you are selling something or you don't. Please explain. Thanks

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #73 of 109

Quote:
What exactly is the purpose of "IC" threads? Either you are selling something or you don't. Please explain. Thanks

Usually people do not want to sell an item for less than someone is willing to pay for it, so people 'test the waters' and see what people are willing to pay.  Just people trying to get as much money as possible.

Oct 26, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #74 of 109

Quote:
Usually people do not want to sell an item for less than someone is willing to pay for it, so people 'test the waters' and see what people are willing to pay.  Just people trying to get as much money as possible.

sounds to me like an unfair bid. Imo put a fair price you are willing to let the item go and don't lower it if you don't want to.

Oct 26, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #75 of 109
So you can't leave feedback unless it is tied to a listed transaction, no more feedback for PM-type of deals?
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back