New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion
Jun 24, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #4,471 of 5,077
I just had to comment, this is wrong, have a look around this forum and elsewhere on the Internet, its full of people complaining that Apple broke device compatibility with this update and that update.

If its working at the moment, enjoy it, the next update may break it completely and Apple only care about profit, so if a non-Apple device gets broken by a F/W update don't expect a quick fix if you get a fix at all.

I'm sticking with Android and I've NEVER had an issue with any device or external audio device.

If you read my post carefully, you will se that:
1) my first sentence was A JOKE, I aknowledged it myself in the second sentence;
2) all I have said is that the DFR compatibility with Android equipement has been so-so since the beginning. With the iPhone and IPad, there has never been a issue using the CCK3 since the beginning and the CCK2 clic/pop issue has been resolved in iOS 11. That is basically all that I Have said. You may agree or disagree. I am not making a judgment on Android phones, I even recognized that the Samsung Galaxy is a great phone. All I said is that there are compatibility issues between many Android setups using the DFR and the related connectors. That is all I have said. Most or all issues related to iOS machines with the DFR were related to the CCK2, with occasional clics and pops. To my knowledge amd personal experience, these CCK2 issues are resolved, and I use the CCK2 all the time with the DFR. And never had any issue with Apple Music running on the DFR, although I use Spotify Premium 80% of the time, because I prefer Spotity for many reasons. The personal experience I have with Spotify is unsurpassed by any competitor. In my opinion, they have the best service overall, and their implementation of shareable music lists, music suggestions and the related predictive algorithms they use is simply fantastic and unequalled in my opinion.
I leave all other commentators alone with their comments on other Android issues or for that matter regarding all other Apple products issues. That was not the purpose of my comment. If you want to judge Apple in all its products and services, then go ahead, i’m just not going there.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #4,473 of 5,077
Just tried Spotify with DFR and CCK2 on my iPhone X running 11.4. I have True Tone disabled and no problems, so confirming @Colors observation as well.

I just got my DFR today to pair with a CCK (the small one), and new iphone X. Tried Spotify and it sounds pretty good. Then I tried some flac downloads at 24-bit 192kbps. Horrible pops, clicks and other odd sounds. Basically un-listenable. Sure glad I found this thread. The iphone came with 11.2.5. Upgrading to 11.4 seems to have fixed the issue. Oh, and I do have True Tone enabled.

Now for some DFR goodness in a great portable setup!

Jun 27, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #4,474 of 5,077
Does DragonFly Red eat much smartphone juice when working?

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #4,476 of 5,077
Thank you, despite owning a good DAP I am still looking to try dragonfly as I find smartphone something more convenient and all-in-one-place solution.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #4,477 of 5,077
Is there a way to adjust EQ or bass ? I want to "fun" up my NuForce EDC3, they are a neutral IEM.

I have the dragonfly black, awesome dac/amp just want it a bit more fun sounding.

Thanks

Jul 4, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #4,479 of 5,077
Hey guys, I am having some trouble updating my Dragonfly Black firmware: I downloaded direct from Audioquest website, 1.07 is latest version.

I run windows 10 64 bit.

this is all it shows me... I have the DF Black plugged in, selected as my audio source within windows, and it just won't give me anything... just keeps saying unknown device.

please help. I love my DF Black ^^

32275f04db.png

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #4,483 of 5,077
Hey guys, I am having some trouble updating my Dragonfly Black firmware: I downloaded direct from Audioquest website, 1.07 is latest version.

I run windows 10 64 bit.

this is all it shows me... I have the DF Black plugged in, selected as my audio source within windows, and it just won't give me anything... just keeps saying unknown device.

please help. I love my DF Black ^^

32275f04db.png

I had this problem also. If you click on the DF properties, you may see the driver is curupted and need to reload - have a look.

Jul 5, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #4,484 of 5,077
I had this problem also. If you click on the DF properties, you may see the driver is curupted and need to reload - have a look.

I don't know what you mean by DF properties, I right clicked and went to properties, but it doesn't show much, just how big the file size is, etc.

I'm pretty sure mine is V1.2, because silver tip... the red and black have gold tips... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back