New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Feb 22, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #166 of 344
+3 I've never understood why these early adopters are always so coy, it's always to early to comment and I'm not sure why, I can tell you within five minutes my thoughts, hopefully someone more helpful will recieve one soon and we can all have at least an idea how it sounds instead of this beating round the bush nonsense.
looking forward to you buying and giving us all your feedback.

Feb 22, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #167 of 344
+3 I've never understood why these early adopters are always so coy, it's always to early to comment and I'm not sure why, I can tell you within five minutes my thoughts, hopefully someone more helpful will recieve one soon and we can all have at least an idea how it sounds instead of this beating round the bush nonsense.

Maybe it's because we can't get past playing one folder? You're not factoring that the player is all buggy right now. If I could let it run, I'd give impressions within the hour.

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #168 of 344

10 minutes for me :smile:

Somehow, the guys are not wrong neither. You can't judge a dap without proper burn-in for at least 100 hours with battery life monitoring and UI improvements through updates.

This is why first impressions exist ! A full review needs time and commitment, coz a lot of people are reading threads to take decisions according to their needs. You cant give a statement that might set confusion.

Feb 22, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #169 of 344

+1

Very vague sq impressions so far!

Wait, I think I didn't read my contract properly...are we paid reviewers working at your service? Oh that's right, we aren't. Any time we spend here is purely altruistic. And this comes from members who posted maybe 500 posted in 5 years...comments like these make me want to help even less.

Anyone wants info on the S6, PM me, I am not posting for these guys.  They can buy it if they want to know how it sounds.

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #171 of 344
Wait, I think I didn't read my contract properly...are we paid reviewers working at your service? Oh that's right, we aren't. Any time we spend here is purely altruistic. And this comes from members who posted maybe 500 posted in 5 years...comments like these make me want to help even less.

Anyone wants info on the S6, PM me, I am not posting for these guys.  They can buy it if they want to know how it sounds.

Best way you do that as you've been no help so far as per usual, people just like to act superior because they got something earlier than others, the whole point is you're meant to take one for the team and give others an idea how it sounds not just half sentences and riddles.

It's simple to give a vague idea of how something sounds instantly, early impressions are Neutral, great really detailed and helpful. The other insightful impression was "wow", fantastic really gives me an idea on its signature.

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #172 of 344
Best way you do that as you've been no help so far as per usual, people just like to act superior because they got something earlier than others, the whole point is you're meant to take one for the team and give others an idea how it sounds not just half sentences and riddles.

It's simple to give a vague idea of how something sounds instantly, early impressions are Neutral, great really detailed and helpful. The other insightful impression was "wow", fantastic really gives me an idea on its signature.

Let me analyse this very quickly:

"Best way you do that as you've been no help so far as per usual" This makes no sense at all, but if I make the effort to understand, let us say that, based on the number of requests for advice I answer every day, I will consider I am of SOME help to people.

"people just like to act superior because they got something earlier than others" Unsubstantiated judgment

"the whole point is you're meant to take one for the team and give others an idea how it sounds not just half sentences and riddles" I bought the unit and took a risk. I am not meant to do anything. I do it gladly however as you can see from my recent Aune M2S review. Once again, completely gratuitous claim.

"It's simple to give a vague idea of how something sounds instantly, early impressions are Neutral, great really detailed and helpful. The other insightful impression was "wow", fantastic really gives me an idea on its signature." I strongly disagree. This kind of behavior creates hype and leads people to spend their money stupidly. Getting a solid impression takes time. You contribute close to nothing in terms of impressions / reviews by the way.

Besides what you say is wrong: I shared impressions here, here and here.

Feb 23, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #173 of 344

Hey! Don't make me guilty by association!

Anyway I am very curious to hear a comparison with your M2S. Those are the two players I'm considering and am wondering if the S6 is close enough SQ wise to make its battery and size advantages worthwhile. Assuming (maybe wrongly) they address the UI soon of course.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #174 of 344
Let me analyse this very quickly:

"Best way you do that as you've been no help so far as per usual" This makes no sense at all, but if I make the effort to understand, let us say that, based on the number of requests for advice I answer every day, I will consider I am of SOME help to people.

"people just like to act superior because they got something earlier than others" Unsubstantiated judgment

"the whole point is you're meant to take one for the team and give others an idea how it sounds not just half sentences and riddles" I bought the unit and took a risk. I am not meant to do anything. I do it gladly however as you can see from my recent Aune M2S review. Once again, completely gratuitous claim.

"It's simple to give a vague idea of how something sounds instantly, early impressions are Neutral, great really detailed and helpful. The other insightful impression was "wow", fantastic really gives me an idea on its signature." I strongly disagree. This kind of behavior creates hype and leads people to spend their money stupidly. Getting a solid impression takes time. You contribute close to nothing in terms of impressions / reviews by the way.

Besides what you say is wrong: I shared impressions here, here and here.

No I don't contribute towards impression or reviews because I like to listen and take information in from more learned people unlike a lot of people on here who just like to hear themselves speak. If you are going to put yourself forward for the "job" of reviewing at least do the job well. people don't want a long winded, poetic story of your journey on this audiophile road, all anyone wants is a general signature with a couple of comparisons but apparently telling us something is bass heavy or bass light, forward or recessed takes weeks to accomplish.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #177 of 344
or waiting to be banned??? respect each other. PEACE. now more solid impressions please...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back