New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Feb 16, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #136 of 344
Okay Thanks. You also or had the LPG, right? How does the M2S fare against the LPG as to overall SQ? I know this is the wrong thread but since where on it, I'll just ask.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 16, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #137 of 344
  Okay Thanks. You also or had the LPG, right? How does the M2S fare against the LPG as to overall SQ? I know this is the wrong thread but since where on it, I'll just ask.
ksc75smile.gif

Different sig. The M2S sounds wider and more liquid. The LPG is deeper, more bass body, with more power. The LPG performs slightly better but it is much more expensive.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #138 of 344
So mimouille, in term of best price/performance dap under 1000usd with "useable" ui, great battery life and "acceptable" size, which one do you prefer between aune m2s and s6 or maybe you will recommend on something else?
(Sound signature closer with LPG and I've been a big fan of calyx M)
I've been eyed on esther m1, but after reading on a few firmware issues, i think i will pass on that one..

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #139 of 344
Well under 1k I know only these two and Mojo. The Aune M2S is great but battery life is short. 5 or 6 hours at most. S6 has less wow sound but still great and neutral, more battery and much smaller. So maybe in SQ M2S has a slight edge, but it the UI is fixed, the S6 will be a better overall package, IMHO. But bear in mind I am biased as I am partial to small objects.

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #140 of 344
You know - S6, M1Pro, M2S, L5Pro, LPG. I've been waiting for someone who have or had listened to these and can tell how they compare SQ wise. More S6 impressions please...

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #144 of 344
Got mine as well. Review incoming, although it might be delayed a bit so Jack can get the S6 to play songs in the right order. It should be a simple fix, but without it it's extremely hard to use it regularly. 

Quote:
  @audionewbi thanks for the advice. Your method indeed works to have things play in the right order! Get into a file, select a song and click "start play". If you do something else, for exemple click on the song or click "play all" on a file, it doesn't work.

Haha, it worked for me as well, thanks @audionewbi! Although it doesn't seem to go past the folder it's in, such a shame. Are you having this problem as well?

I believe the bizarre order is the files already played. It seems to put them in a sort of "playlist" and loop them around when you press forward or back.

Is it just me, or is there no way to get from the song screen to the folder that has it without going back to "music manage"? 

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #149 of 344
Well under 1k I know only these two and Mojo. The Aune M2S is great but battery life is short. 5 or 6 hours at most. S6 has less wow sound but still great and neutral, more battery and much smaller. So maybe in SQ M2S has a slight edge, but it the UI is fixed, the S6 will be a better overall package, IMHO. But bear in mind I am biased as I am partial to small objects.

I have the M2 basic version, I'll compare the two when i have a chance as well. I think the M2 punches above its price range, so it shouldn't too much of a difference. Also remember, the M2 can't drive high impedance headphones properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back