New DAP from HisoundAudio : The Studio 6
Mar 2, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #183 of 344
I am still waiting for future firmware to be released, especially for DSD and gapless to be fix. Also I have noticed that S6 pairs very well with larger cans, to name two the HD600 and K812, the battery power is as advertised, just great. 

It powers the Hd600 as well as any of my other TOTL dap, it comes down to tonality and paired with HD600 the tonality to me is without any fault that is obvious for casual listening. For critical listening well sure, it is an old headphone that has remained a timeless classic for a reason, but dont expect the S6 to make the HD600 sound like a HD800.

I love to get my hand on a HD800 to see how it powers that. 

Mar 5, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #184 of 344
  I am still waiting for future firmware to be released, especially for DSD and gapless to be fix. Also I have noticed that S6 pairs very well with larger cans, to name two the HD600 and K812, the battery power is as advertised, just great. 

It powers the Hd600 as well as any of my other TOTL dap, it comes down to tonality and paired with HD600 the tonality to me is without any fault that is obvious for casual listening. For critical listening well sure, it is an old headphone that has remained a timeless classic for a reason, but dont expect the S6 to make the HD600 sound like a HD800.

I love to get my hand on a HD800 to see how it powers that. 

I like that this player pairs well with all my IEMs. Sadly my Sui's wires are going bad on both sides so I will have to replace those shortly...

Mar 5, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #185 of 344

I like that this player pairs well with all my IEMs. Sadly my Sui's wires are going bad on both sides so I will have to replace those shortly...

I forgot about my Kaede II, I should do that today. I like the S6 pairing with all my dynamic drivers, with some of my balanace armature I do have problem. 
I am did everything to get the albums tracking order fixed but I still have issued. I really hope they fix that soon.

If I have time today I will go to my local shop and see how it pairs with HD800, for me pairing it with hd600 was an eye opener, it has no problem powering it. 

Mar 5, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #186 of 344
I look forward to your thoughts on them with the Kaede II.

Which BAs exhibited issues? Impedance? Sound too thin? I like the pairing on SE5. With the 1Plus2 sound is a little lean. But to be fair this DAP is rather neutral to the source. All my IEMs exhibited their own characteristics clearly vs being overpowered by the DAPs signature (if you take my meaning).

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #189 of 344

Any idea what it does? You wanna be the beta tester? lol. Is there any access to the original firmware just in case?

My bad, link to the site is here:
http://bbs.hisoundaudio.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5000

Copy paste from the site:

Upgrade method: Unzip the file copy to Walkman TF card, system settings - software updates can begin the upgrade. (Device update, please wait ... wait 1 minute, congratulations updated successfully, press any key to restart .. to complete the upgrade!) 

Update: 
1, after shutdown stuck in see you later problems have been solved 
2, temporarily blocked DSD, wait DSD optimized version. 
3, dual-mode amp output optimization
4, battery management optimization, part of the machine off charge optimization 

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #193 of 344
  lee730 , Can you compare studio 6 to studio V ? I d like to pair it with sony z5 , i have studio V at the moment but i dlike to have more bass emphasis on it ..

The Studio 6 has more bass emphasis IMO than the Studio V. The Studio V 3rd ANV had a bit more bass emphasis than the original Studio V. The Studio 6 still has more bass emphasis IMO than the 3rd ANV. The Studio 6 has 2 playing modes A and B modes. You have them available also in the LO. So 4 signatures in total. Mode A is their dynamic mode. I feel it works great on my Flat 4 Suis. They sound very balanced, detailed, energetic. While on B mode the unit is a detail monster. Really enjoy this on the 1Plus2 and SE5. The imaging, layering is incredible and getting both these IEMs to sound like that on such a portable package.... Super big plus :).

To compare the Studio V to the Studio 6 from memory. The Studio Vs sound is thinner, airier, not as natural. More metallic sounding. Lighter bass. The sound staging is wider IMO. Or its main focus is on width. While the Studio 6 has a more centered focus. Its sound staging is neither wide, or small. Its indicative of the source material and your headgear your using it with. It's sound is also more 3 dimensional due to its presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back