New Cowon Plenue L
Nov 14, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #602 of 668
Nov 14, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #604 of 668
Nov 25, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #606 of 668
hi guys,
I've got a huge Problem with my PL.

I just got my brand new Plenue L. Coming back from Astell&Kern to my all time favorite brand Cowon. I read so much about the PL. I was nearly sure, it would fit my needs perfectly. I own a Focal Clear Headphone (32 Ohm of resistance).
I put the PL in service yesterday. What I experience now is, that volume increases fine until Level 100 or 105, I would say. Increasing the volume level any further doesn't change anything. There is no difference between 100 and 135. I was confused. So I tested different Headphones, I connected the PL to another amplifier, I used both, the 4.4 mm Balanced output and the 3.5 too, tried different cables. No Change! The PL limits it's volume to Level 105. Any change above doesn't arrive at my ears. I am quit experienced and only 32 years old.
For most of my Music, listening at Level 95 is completely fine. But listening to classical music is quit annoying, knowing Level 100 is the top. It is simply not enough. Looking at the spec sheet tells me, the PL should largely be capable of playing at much higher volumes. I am so disappointed. I am definitely not a loud listener, my ears are very sensitive . Headphone mode is on. I even updated the PL to the latest firmware.
It must be a technical failure here. I will send it back. But I am afraid of getting a replacement unit and having the same problem again. Is that a general problem?
Does anyone of you experience the same issue?

Thanks and greetings!
cpunti

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #607 of 668
hi guys,
I've got a huge Problem with my PL.

I just got my brand new Plenue L. Coming back from Astell&Kern to my all time favorite brand Cowon. I read so much about the PL. I was nearly sure, it would fit my needs perfectly. I own a Focal Clear Headphone (32 Ohm of resistance).
I put the PL in service yesterday. What I experience now is, that volume increases fine until Level 100 or 105, I would say. Increasing the volume level any further doesn't change anything. There is no difference between 100 and 135. I was confused. So I tested different Headphones, I connected the PL to another amplifier, I used both, the 4.4 mm Balanced output and the 3.5 too, tried different cables. No Change! The PL limits it's volume to Level 105. Any change above doesn't arrive at my ears. I am quit experienced and only 32 years old.
For most of my Music, listening at Level 95 is completely fine. But listening to classical music is quit annoying, knowing Level 100 is the top. It is simply not enough. Looking at the spec sheet tells me, the PL should largely be capable of playing at much higher volumes. I am so disappointed. I am definitely not a loud listener, my ears are very sensitive . Headphone mode is on. I even updated the PL to the latest firmware.
It must be a technical failure here. I will send it back. But I am afraid of getting a replacement unit and having the same problem again. Is that a general problem?
Does anyone of you experience the same issue?

Thanks and greetings!
cpunti
Maybe a Euro volume lock.

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #609 of 668
No, the volume lock can be bypassed at Level 70 or something. After each start, you have to confirm, that you are aware of destroying your ears or whatever, if you wanna pass the 70...
Im 55 and my hearing is uber good. I use the PL with a 5 watt amp to make it even more loud. I drive fast , hit hard , play loud.

Jan 31, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #612 of 668
Be careful folks, unsolicited advice here, sometimes if you have to turn it up before you enjoy, it may be an indication of hearing loss. The ability to enjoy music at high volume never last, listening at low volume will do nothing but help prolong this moment. .. cochlea hair cells are irreplaceable ...enjoy!l!

Jan 31, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #613 of 668
Be careful folks, unsolicited advice here, sometimes if you have to turn it up before you enjoy, it may be an indication of hearing loss. The ability to enjoy music at high volume never last, listening at low volume will do nothing but help prolong this moment. .. cochlea hair cells are irreplaceable ...enjoy!l!
How old are you ? Im 55 yrs old been an audiophile since 1983 and been to over 200 concerts. I had my ears checked 4 times all is good. I hear whispers.

Feb 12, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #614 of 668
Sounding great

Attachments

• 20220212_115001.jpg
    20220212_115001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 4, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #615 of 668
Hi everyone,

I have been trying to use a 1 Tb SD card with my Plenue L, but have not been able to make it work properly so far.

Indeed: right now, when my 1 Tb SD card is inserted, my Plenue refuses to turn on (I push the "on / off" button but nothing happens).

To listen to the music on my SD card, I need:
- to remove the SD card,
- then turn on the Plenue,
- then (once the Plenue is on) insert my SD card, after what the Plenue proceeds with its "database update",
- and then only can I listen to the music that is on my SD card (with no particular problem - meaning that it seems that the Plenue recognises all files on the SD card and reads them properly).

First, my SD card was formatted in exFat, but I have formatted it in Fat32 today (after seeing that the Fat32 format is generally recommended by other Plenue users and by Cowon too), using "GUIFormat" (which is also a tool that has been recommended by users and by Cowon). However, this did not solve the problem.

I have already exchanged a little bit with @DaYooper about this (as he had reported in this thread that he had been able to make his Plenue L work with a 1 Tb SD card in the past), but we have not been able to identify what exactly did the trick for him yet. It seems that he had formatted his SD card in Fat32 using his KANN, but I cannot imagine that this could actually make a difference, technically - or am I wrong?

Any experience / advice from you guys would be really appreciated! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back