New CORDA AMPS!
May 24, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #31 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those blurry pics are such a huge tease! That's worse than having no pic at all!

I think the blurry pix are a nice touch. All he best, Jan.

May 25, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #35 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the blurry pix are a nice touch. All he best, Jan.

LOL...Jan should never print photos of the boards, but I think the blurry photos of the case is overkill as it should be safe from being overtly copied
wink.gif

The industrial espionage drama is a bit intriguing tho
wink.gif

As I stealthily await the release of the ConOpera
wink.gif

I keed Jan, I keed, I keed
wink.gif

May 25, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #38 of 98
Hmm this looks very interesting. I was looking at getting an Opera, but I don't know now. I might wait until the Cantate comes out. It would definitely be nice to save some money since I don't need some features such as the preamp.

May 25, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #40 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those blurry pics are such a huge tease! That's worse than having no pic at all!

I've heard that blurring photos and such in photoshop is reversible if this is the case it's possible that you could lets say "descramble" the photo into a non blurred phone. I remember reading something about it on digg

May 25, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #41 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by RasmusseN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard that blurring photos and such in photoshop is reversible if this is the case it's possible that you could lets say "descramble" the photo into a non blurred phone. I remember reading something about it on digg

The article from Digg dealt with pixelating text as a way to obscure it. The technique to defeat it relied on the fact that text is not a random image and that the process of pixelating is not a random transform. You can basically pixelate the entire alphabet in a given font and then compare it to the text that someone tried to hide. Blurring and blacking out (the best method) are the only recommended methods to obscure.

Bottom Line: The images of the new Meier Amps should have been blacked out for maximum suspense and secrecy!

May 25, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #42 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nattydraddy, are you implying the Move is one of the three types with the balanced grounds?

No, the balanced ground technology needs to much place for a portable amp. And i read [from Jan Meier] at a german forum that the balanced ground technology is not cheap to make.

There is the 4-channel technology of Dr. XIN in the SMIV. Maybe that would be an alternative to you but i haven´t heared a XIN SMIV for myself. Don´t know how it sounds.

Nontheless the new Corda Move has a new circuit, but i know it only from one post in german. http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?a...150&postID=3#3
The poster has the prototype from Jan Meier he showed at the meet in Duesseldorf (Germany).

With "the three types with the balanced grounds" i meant Opera, Opera Analog and Cantate.

May 25, 2007 at 8:27 AM Post #43 of 98
I wonder if Jan is just reading this thread and laughing to himself...

He will never divulge...

May 25, 2007 at 12:14 PM Post #45 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"I wonder if Jan is just reading this thread and laughing to himself."

Yes, not very loud but very devilish!

evil_smiley.gif

oh come on!!!

now it's blatant, deliberate torture...

any details? specs? hints?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back