New CORDA AMPS!
May 24, 2007 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 98

cansman

100+ Head-Fier
Latest News!

CORDA MOVE & CORDA CANTATE - Release planned for July 2007!

Check out Dr Jan Meier's website!

May 24, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #3 of 98
Hmmm, interesting, blurred pics, but the Move looks to have a small metal enclosure while Cantate has something interesting on the top that looks vaguely like a CD lid.

May 24, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 98
Oh, man - if the Cantate offers the same technology he uses in the Opera but in a stripped down, less expensive package I'm going to be EXTREMELY tempted. Especially since I'm already VERY tempted by the Opera Analog.
evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #5 of 98
ruh-roh - looks like I will be spending MORE money...

May 24, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ruh-roh - looks like I will be spending MORE money...

Hey Rob,

It's starting to look like you're building a "Meier Corda" museum there.
tongue.gif

Regards,

-Ken

May 24, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #7 of 98
Oooooh...I wonder if the Cantate will be somewhere between the Aria and the Opera in functionality and price. Based on the pic placement it is, but that may not mean anything.

Have to wait till July? I wonder if we can get some specs on these now
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 98
Great! IMHO, it is necessary to have the Corda Move as the recent increasing demand of high quality portable amp in market, it is a little bit late but I have expectation on it. The need of Cantate for me is a doubt as I have the Opera.

May 24, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #9 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooooh...I wonder if the Cantate will be somewhere between the Aria and the Opera in functionality and price. Based on the pic placement it is, but that may not mean anything.

I bet Cantate is the enhanced edition of Aria rather than Lite edition of Opera Analog.

May 24, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #11 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or maybe it's just somewhere in between?
blink.gif

Don't know, but as Dr. Meier's habit, in many times the product is to replace the existing model. This time, I have such sense as well and Cantate might be the replacement of the long existing Aria. If not, there would be too many options and make it difficult to position in the product lines.

May 24, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #12 of 98
A birdie told me the Cantate will be similar to the Opera without the DAC and a bit less powerful.

My own guess is it will be around $600 rather than $700 if Jan is smart, and he is.

I am waiting for an Opera but will want to try the Cantate as well.

May 24, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #13 of 98
Well...if the fuzzy pic is any indication of the real thing, there is only 1 headphone jack so it looks like Jan did away with the higher impedance jack. That and the absence of the DAC should definitely drop the price quite a bit. Even still, at $600 for just the amp...seems pretty high. Is the amp in the Opera really that good or can one really tell because of the DAC? Is there any way to remove the DAC from the Opera to determine how the Amp itself sounds?

I know...too many questions....
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back