New CORDA AMPS!
Jun 12, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #91 of 98
Looks very nice.

"The circuitry inside needs very little current and the amplifier runs for upto approximately 100 hrs on a single 9V battery (low current mode)."

100 hours!!!

Will be looking forward to impressions.

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #92 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by THESANTINI /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my Corda Arietta amp today. I'm having issues with sounds; more sound is being channeled to the left channel then right. Initially I was able to remedy this by turning up the "play control" in Windows through the "play control."

I am not sure where to start and did not want to clog the forum.

Make sure to get Jan's awareness through email, he prefers to support customer individually in this way.

Jun 12, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #93 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks very nice.

"The circuitry inside needs very little current and the amplifier runs for upto approximately 100 hrs on a single 9V battery (low current mode)."

100 hours!!!

Will be looking forward to impressions.

Quite closely to RSA Tomahawk while it is claimed to have 120 hrs in 9V. But the size seems Corda Move is smaller even has USB-DAC built-in.

Jun 12, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #94 of 98
I've been looking forward to these being released.

My only disapointment is the lack of a charging circuit. But the long battery life and the other power options (usb/wall power supply) make it a non-issue.

Provided it sounds like other Meier amps, the inclusion of the usb dac and the $235USD price inc shipping makes it great value.

Jun 12, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #95 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quite closely to RSA Tomahawk while it is claimed to have 120 hrs in 9V. But the size seems Corda Move is smaller even has USB-DAC built-in.

I think you meant the Hornet as Ray's site touts those specs. The Tomahawk runs on AAA, is 6.5 x 4.6 x 2.0 cm and enjoys 250-400 hrs of battery life. At least mine does.
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, the "Controversial amp including a DAC in a hammond case" is around: 9.1 x 6.5 x 2.8 cm (excl. knob) so they're about the same size.

Now, for deciding whether I should be on the "move" (pardon the pun) or not... (I need a new laptop not an amp...!)

Jun 12, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #96 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElDanno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Provided it sounds like other Meier amps, the inclusion of the usb dac and the $235USD price inc shipping makes it great value.

I hope it´s sound even better, ´cause it´s using the AD6810 opamp. The Porta Corda and Corda Arietta/Aria/Opera uses LM7161 opamp. Jan Meier will have changed it in the mobile amp, ´cause for many the Porta Cora was weak in the bass. You can´t say this about the Opera. The Corda Arietta/Aria/Opera are a little dark for me. Many prefer a "tube-like" sound, that´s maybe the reason these amp have recessed highs.

The Corda Potra has just 9 Volt (if you don´t use it with an external power suply). The old circuit seems to be to powerhungry to give the listener a full bass.

Jun 12, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #97 of 98
I am OK with no charging circuit if it really gets 120 hours from a 9V - that is a lot of play time. I still have only changed the batteries in my Tomahawk once!

I am very excited to hear this amp. The Porta Corda always sounded good to me but as NattyDraddy indicated, I wanted a little more bass. This MOVE may just do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back