New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works
Jul 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #76 of 566
Quote:
Really surprised that there's been no feedback from folks that listened to the output section at the Chicago meet, assuming of course that the prototype was here.

Did anybody audition the prototype output amplifier at the meet?!?

Thanks,
Andy.

Have you checked the Chicago meet impressions thread?  I was there, but didn't even notice the portable amp because I spent so much time with the LAu, LG, and LL2.  Someone else might have mentioned something.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #77 of 566
A few people stopped to listen . One guy was writing a review for a Japanese forum , he reported to be very impressed . I don't think I have seen any official impressions

..dB

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #79 of 566
The portable amp is coming along steadily. It is on track for a Fall release!

Would be great to have it ready for the Tokyo Fujiya Autumn Headphone Festival in late October :D. Pity there's no Cavalli distributor/rep in Japan though.

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #80 of 566

Quote:
A few people stopped to listen . One guy was writing a review for a Japanese forum , he reported to be very impressed . I don't think I have seen any official impressions

..dB

I was the one taking brief notes while listening. I was stunned and very impressed. 1964-V6 and Frogbeats C5 sounded amazing with the amp. Wish I had another chance to try it with my other IEMs.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #82 of 566
To dBel84,
It would be great if I have the opportunity.

Here is the brief impressions I wrote in Chinese originally. Sorry, I am not good to do the translation. >_<

My 1964-V6 never sounded that good with a portable equipment before I tried this Cavalli amp. The sound was very lively, spacious and well controlled although I always feel that the soundstage of V6 is the weakness when V6 pair with portable sources. I had not idea why this prototype amp could do a such great job. The depth and transparency were presented nicely with Frogbeats C5, not losing detail. After the listen, it made me want to grab one.

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #85 of 566
I think once the contest actually begins, we should be allowed one entry per person. Also, super excited for this :D

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #88 of 566
Liquid premature speculative naming! 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #89 of 566
The portable amp is coming along steadily. It is on track for a Fall release!

So... ?? When can we expect it now ? I badly need à top-of-the-Line portable amp for m'y "ultimate" portable ring !

Please, a "réal" availability date & some specs will be welcome. :)

Thanks

Nov 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #90 of 566
You could call it the

Hg2

Because Mercury is one of 2 elements (Bromine is the other) that is Liquid at room temperature.

So it could be called:

The Mercury (I) 
Hg2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back