New Cavalli Audio Portable Amp officially in the works
May 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #61 of 566
Liquid Crystal Myth/Meth  
gs1000.gif

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #62 of 566
This is interesting, can you please consider about the size and battery life as well after the (of course) sound quality? I like my current headstage arrow for it's little size and really long battery life. Would love to have a similar quality as the future replacement.

I'm loving my liquid fire and I have no reason not to get a cavalli portable amp as well :D

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #70 of 566
Maybe the first post should be edited to say that the contest has neither started nor will it be in this thread, because these people are clearly not reading the thread and just replying based on the first post.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #71 of 566
Good idea. SoundFreq is going to do that. In the meantime folks, please don't post any more ideas. It is almost certain that the contest will limit your entries to give everyone a decent chance (like most other similar contests). So please don't give away all of your ideas.

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #74 of 566
Gents, the very first taste of the portable can be had at the Chicago meet this Saturday.

dbel will be there with the output section of the portable. By way of explanation...

The digital front ends to portables fall within a wide swath of digital technology. There is a choice of DACs and peripheral technology, depending on the targeted price point. There are other choices with respect to clocking, type of volume control, etc. that also affect the price and sound.

But, for the CA portable we started with the analog output first believing that if it was possible to achieve the sound signature we were looking for there, we could button up the right front end.

And so, what dbel is bringing is the prototype output amplifier powered by an external supply. It was the results of this experiment which convinced us to go forward with a full production portable.

Digital circuitry is being tested now. Hopefully all will be put together into proto units of the correct size with the correct batteries by mid-July. But, if you 're in the area and want a preview.......

And, besides this dbel will have the pre-production LL2, LAu, his own LG and various headphones including the Abyss and 009s. Unfortunately, I will be stuck here making sure that the current production run keeps delivering amps.
smile.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #75 of 566
Really surprised that there's been no feedback from folks that listened to the output section at the Chicago meet, assuming of course that the prototype was here.

Did anybody audition the prototype output amplifier at the meet?!?

Thanks,
Andy.

Quote:
Gents, the very first taste of the portable can be had at the Chicago meet this Saturday.

dbel will be there with the output section of the portable. By way of explanation...

The digital front ends to portables fall within a wide swath of digital technology. There is a choice of DACs and peripheral technology, depending on the targeted price point. There are other choices with respect to clocking, type of volume control, etc. that also affect the price and sound.

But, for the CA portable we started with the analog output first believing that if it was possible to achieve the sound signature we were looking for there, we could button up the right front end.

And so, what dbel is bringing is the prototype output amplifier powered by an external supply. It was the results of this experiment which convinced us to go forward with a full production portable.

Digital circuitry is being tested now. Hopefully all will be put together into proto units of the correct size with the correct batteries by mid-July. But, if you 're in the area and want a preview.......

And, besides this dbel will have the pre-production LL2, LAu, his own LG and various headphones including the Abyss and 009s. Unfortunately, I will be stuck here making sure that the current production run keeps delivering amps.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back