New!! Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson Amp
May 29, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #136 of 207
   I heard the Crimson at the axpona show in Chicago. It sounded very good driving the new ether planar headphone .I thought it sounded the best of the three amps they had for audition the others being the woo wa5 and the schiit ragnarok. I would place them as 1.the Cavalli Crimson 2. the Woo Wa5 and 3. the Schiit Ragnarok. Based on comments made previously the ether mates very well with tube amps . The Crimson is an excellent headphone amp.

It was one of my favorite review's! Sweet amp!

May 31, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #137 of 207
Does the Crimson support only 6922 tubes or can it use variants like 6DJ8 and 7308?

May 31, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #138 of 207
It can use either 6922 or 6DJ8 or exact equivalents. There some tubes like 6N1P which are reputed to be 6922 subs, but they are not.

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #139 of 207
Well this thread has more impressions in it than the impressions thread (with about 6 posts) so I'll just post here.

I heard this at the Schiit Show.  Warren brought his unit and I had it set up in my room for a day and a half.  I got some good time with it and I can easily say that this is the best amp I've heard outside of a show floor.  It's a very very good sounding amp and it may have spoiled me for other amps, including the awesome Liquid Carbon.  

It's going to take a while to save up for one of these and then convince my wife to let me buy it... but I may just have to.  Thanks a lot.  >.<

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #140 of 207
  Well this thread has more impressions in it than the impressions thread (with about 6 posts) so I'll just post here.

I heard this at the Schiit Show.  Warren brought his unit and I had it set up in my room for a day and a half.  I got some good time with it and I can easily say that this is the best amp I've heard outside of a show floor.  It's a very very good sounding amp and it may have spoiled me for other amps, including the awesome Liquid Carbon.  

It's going to take a while to save up for one of these and then convince my wife to let me buy it... but I may just have to.  Thanks a lot.  >.<

You've heard both the Crimson and Carbon?

How would you say they compare?

I know Crimson is in a completely different price bracket, but still would like to know.

Aug 17, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #141 of 207

You've heard both the Crimson and Carbon?

How would you say they compare?

I know Crimson is in a completely different price bracket, but still would like to know.

They have a VERY similar sound but the Crimson just has far more presence and made the Carbon seem thin in comparison.  I mean, the Crimson is like 4x the price?  It's not surprising that it's better.  

What's nice is that the Carbon really does have that house Cavalli sound.  As someone who is coming to the LC from the lower-end of the amp spectrum, I think it sounds fantastic.  For someone coming from the other side, looking for a cheaper amp that gives a similar Cavalli house sound, I think you'll be pretty happy.

Oct 4, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #143 of 207
Should sound fantastic.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #144 of 207
So I broke down and got one, thanks to the show special pricing at RMAF.  

Yup, still sounds amazing.  The biggest drawback?  I think I need to upgrade my headphones now!  
L3000.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #145 of 207

Yup, still sounds amazing.  The biggest drawback?  I think I need to upgrade my headphones now!  
L3000.gif

I knew you were going to do that!

beerchug.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #148 of 207

L3000.gif

Congrats @Stillhart

I did the same given the RMAF pricing. The following is so addictive to keep me spending more time listening than I should, similar to when the yggdrasil arrived and was connected to the ZDSE:

And for a teaser here is a peak at some measurements I have been making with 300 ohm load and approx 3.9 Vpp, 110 dB peak for HD650  / HD800.
20 Hz square wave response 500 uS / div:

20 Hz square wave rising edge expanded to 500 nS / div:

Dr. Cavalli has designed an amazing DC coupled amplifier capable of DC to 438 KHz (estimated). Wow!
My listening has been so captivating with a Schiit Bifrost MB and Liquid Crimson. Every single track in the library that I have managed to audition.
The only thing bad about this is the potential time sink risk. With zero listening fatigue it is waaay too easy to lose track of time.

Feb 24, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #150 of 207
  Could somebody compare SQ to the much cheaper but still respectable Violectric V200 or V281 ?

Sorry, I haven't herd the Vio personally.  From what I've heard, Vios are really dark amps. The Crimson (and all Cavalli amps) are very neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back