NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Nov 18, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #3,061 of 3,483
The JVC Spiral Dots that I ordered from HK have been good (although I am somewhat suspicious that they are knockoffs as I expect many of the 1st gen are.) They have been good enough to want the 3rd generation of these legendary tips.

And so today my Spiral Dot++ arrived from Amazon.jp, a size L twin pair in sealed package. These are the real deal and they are just that much better in material and fit.

I have long been a fan of Final Audio E Type tips. They are the default tips for my beloved LAB 1, and they do sound good with the Atlas. It is a quality accessory that Campfire Audio is providing in the Atlas package.

Still, I must conclude that the Atlas with the Spiral Dot++ is an absolute winning combination. These tips give a big sound stage and maximum clarity. The fit is superb. I am most pleased. :)

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #3,062 of 3,483
Am i the only one loving Comet for R&B and Ballad? This sings bro!

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #3,063 of 3,483
Is there anyone who could compare atlas bass to IMR R2 Aten ? Or even Zenith.

I know they are different level. But i tried quite a few pairs superior to IMR products in terms of clarity and detailing, but always went back to them just for that big smashing bass. However bass isnt all i care about.
So if atlas can reach that level of subbbas or even beat those 15mm IMR babies + give me better overal SQ i would definately go for them. It is a no brainer for me.
Just to be clear i am EDM lover and am not looking for midbass heavy stuff. Subbass is what I am after.
As low as we can go baby!

Thanks

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #3,064 of 3,483
Is there anyone who could compare atlas bass to IMR R2 Aten ? Or even Zenith.

I know they are different level. But i tried quite a few pairs superior to IMR products in terms of clarity and detailing, but always went back to them just for that big smashing bass. However bass isnt all i care about.
So if atlas can reach that level of subbbas or even beat those 15mm IMR babies + give me better overal SQ i would definately go for them. It is a no brainer for me.
Just to be clear i am EDM lover and am not looking for midbass heavy stuff. Subbass is what I am after.
As low as we can go baby!

Thanks
Hifiheadphones have the atlas on black friday sale today. Will change tomorrow but will probably repeat the whole sale over the weekend if they repeat last years pattern.

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #3,066 of 3,483
One of the joys of the Lotoo PAW Golf Touch is it's amazing Blackfin-processor-based PMEQ. I share my best settings in my signature below.

Over the last couple of months I have become a huge fan of the Campfire Audio Atlas, which I regard as an almost perfect IEM. (Full disclosure: I dislike crossovers in IEMs - coherence is always compromised - so the single large dynamic driver on the Atlas is right up my alley.) Yet my one criticism of the Atlas is that the mids are slightly recessed. After much tinkering, I have arrived at my ideal EQ to address that:

(Band - Type - F0(Hz) - GAIN(dB) - Q):
1 - BPF - 30 - 0 - 1.0
2 - BPF - 70 - 0 - 1.0
3 - BPF - 1900 - 1.4 - 0.6
4 - BPF - 5500 - 0.2 - 1.0
5 - BPF - 10000 - 0 - 1.0

With this mild tweak, the Atlas approaches perfection to my tastes.

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #3,067 of 3,483
Oh boy so fel for Atlas too. Too much praise for them. And seems from people who have definately listened to serious stuff. Not new ones though.
Got really good deal on head-fi market hopefully they will reach me haha.
They are being shipped friday together with long awaited IMR Rah.
My ear are going to be busy during Christmas season.

Btw can atlas be worn iver ear? I need 4.4mm balanced cable and the only mmcx i have has heat shrink.

Suppose i can try and remove it lol

Nov 27, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #3,069 of 3,483
I wear the Atlas over ear. Whichever works for the best angle insertion for a good fit :)
That is good to know. I really prefer wearing any iem over ear. Cant imagine having eros 2 cable weight staying in ear lol.
Specialy with my spiral dots. Sound is amazing but they arent very strong holding tips.

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #3,071 of 3,483
480C8962-78DE-46C6-83DC-49A196F11124.jpeg
Oh boy so fel for Atlas too. Too much praise for them. And seems from people who have definately listened to serious stuff. Not new ones though.
Got really good deal on head-fi market hopefully they will reach me haha.
They are being shipped friday together with long awaited IMR Rah.
My ear are going to be busy during Christmas season.

Btw can atlas be worn iver ear? I need 4.4mm balanced cable and the only mmcx i have has heat shrink.

Suppose i can try and remove it lol

Yep. Remove the heat shrink like I did on my balanced Fiio cable. Then over the ears works great, especially moving around. I’m on a train now.

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #3,072 of 3,483

Yep. Remove the heat shrink like I did on my balanced Fiio cable. Then over the ears works great, especially moving around. I’m on a train now.

Any advise on how best to do this properly? I dont use the balance cable because I dont like the heat shrink.

Nov 28, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #3,073 of 3,483
Any advise on how best to do this properly? I dont use the balance cable because I dont like the heat shrink.

Quoting myself from earlier in the thread:

I used a pair of small sharp scissors to make a 1cm cut and then pealed it back to the earpiece. It takes a long slow pull to get the final bit out from under the plastic MMCX molding. There are two layers of heat shrink that you have to remove. For sure this voids the warranty, so do it carefully.

It fits better over the ear after you remove the heat shrink. You can get the ideal angle of insertion. My tips are fitting well so the Atlas stays in fine. I wear the Atlas down when seated, i.e. kicking back to enjoy the music. I go over ears when walking.

I was really just winging it - not a lot of planning. It worked out.

Nov 28, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #3,074 of 3,483

Oh wow they do look like a decent fit. I am always skeptical about that universal fit stuff but this puc reassured me. Thanks a bunch!

As for removing thay heat shrink i will use my hobbying precision knife kit. Works wonder for fiddly stuff lile this.

Nov 28, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #3,075 of 3,483
Oh wow they do look like a decent fit. I am always skeptical about that universal fit stuff but this puc reassured me. Thanks a bunch!

As for removing thay heat shrink i will use my hobbying precision knife kit. Works wonder for fiddly stuff lile this.

They do fit well. I have huge ears which helps. :)

(I use the largest size of most tips, L for the the Spiral Dot++, LL for the Final Audio E Types...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back