NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Oct 25, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #3,031 of 3,483
Actually the opposite for me. For the andromeda gold, I find them working better with medium to medium large tips, and have currently settled back to the final audio tips, but for the atlas, I find if I go to those sizes I get a slightly deeper insertion, and due to its size and weight (and that I wear them down) I get some pressure points as it rests on my ear. So a larger size up seems to be better as it gives me a shallower fit, and the eartip itself does most of the heavy lifting so to speak.

Currently trying sedna azla tips as I always struggled a bit with spiral dots on these for some reason.
Yes, i should have excused the Gold from my blanket Andro style shells as its tip is different ( new polaris and IO also) so old style andro type nozzles would be more accurate.

i usually wear my Atlas over ear.

Good feedback though, thanks. Helps others to find the right tips and save some money at the same time.

i got aome
Alza Sedna tips last week and am enjoying them with the Andro Gold but havent tried them with the other Campfires yet.

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #3,032 of 3,483
Yes, i should have excused the Gold from my blanket Andro style shells as its tip is different ( new polaris and IO also) so old style andro type nozzles would be more accurate.

i usually wear my Atlas over ear.

Good feedback though, thanks. Helps others to find the right tips and save some money at the same time.

i got aome
Alza Sedna tips last week and am enjoying them with the Andro Gold but havent tried them with the other Campfires yet.

Ahh, I have never tried the original andromeda, but I do have the original polaris (though I think that has a longer stem too) and always had trouble getting that to fit well for me. Golds though, no problem.

I havent really used the sedna tips much, but I very much like that they have a longer stem, which definitely opens up different fit options.

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:16 PM Post #3,033 of 3,483
@mashuto yes. I will have to cycle through my tips again and finally confirm which fits best with the Gold (sound, isolation. Fit etc). A bit time consuming - but worth it.

i did the same with other Campfires i have and settled mainly on Spiral Dots, spiral dots++, Acoustune 08, Symbio W Peel, for most of them.

with just receiving the Azla Sedna (black) i may have to revisit some of my earlier pairings.

Trying to get that balance between fit, isolation and general intended sonic accuracy.

ones thing is for sure is that the tip market has taken a few leaps forward this year.

Oct 25, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #3,034 of 3,483
@mashuto yes. I will have to cycle through my tips again and finally confirm which fits best with the Gold (sound, isolation. Fit etc). A bit time consuming - but worth it.

i did the same with other Campfires i have and settled mainly on Spiral Dots, spiral dots++, Acoustune 08, Symbio W Peel, for most of them.

with just receiving the Azla Sedna (black) i may have to revisit some of my earlier pairings.

Trying to get that balance between fit, isolation and general intended sonic accuracy.

ones thing is for sure is that the tip market has taken a few leaps forward this year.

For me, the final e tips ended up being the best for the andromeda gold. I tried with a bunch of others, but wasnt as keen on the wider bore tips since I wanted a bit of that bass boost you can get from slightly narrower bore tips. The acoustune 08 were good, but the fit just wasnt quite as good for me as the final e tips. Was a little worried that the narrower bore might choke off treble a bit with them, but just didnt find that the case. The final e tips sound as good as any others to me and give me the best fit so thats where I landed.

With the atlas, I think with how bassy it already is, wider bore tips are actually a better solution as you get a bit more of that sparkle up top and they are already so bassy, I cant imagine needing to boost that up any more. Been going back forth between acoustune 07, the sedna, and spiral dots, but I think its likely just going to come down to which I can wear for longer periods of time without discomfort.

Definitely agree though, the tip options are quite nice these days.

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #3,036 of 3,483
Suggestions on a bluetooth connector for my atlas? Trying to walk around the city with these on.

Are you looking to replace the cable with a shorter bluetooth cable or just a bluetooth adapter to plug into? If the former, not sure, but the latter, the radsone earstudio es100 is highly regarded and a real nice little bluetooth receiver.

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #3,038 of 3,483
Replacing the cable with a bluetooth cable. Already have a xdsd but all of this is too bulky. I would like to prevent the cable dangling while I'm in the city walking around. Thanks!

I think plussound makes what you are looking for. Though I dont personally have any experience with them.

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #3,039 of 3,483
Replacing the cable with a bluetooth cable. Already have a xdsd but all of this is too bulky. I would like to prevent the cable dangling while I'm in the city walking around. Thanks!

Westone and Shure both have fairly well regarded MMCX Bluetooth cables as well.

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #3,040 of 3,483
Demoed the Atlas out finally - was impressed with the soundstage and bass, but still can't commit to that pricing even though I could buy them.

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #3,043 of 3,483
I got the Comet a few days.
The only tip I am able to get a decent fit with are the Final Audio E type silicone eartips. They came with the Comet.
They loosen up a little after a while. Any suggestions for eartips?
Could also use suggestions for a thin and lightweight cable without an ear hook for the Comet.
Thank you!

Nov 2, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #3,044 of 3,483
Considered that. Just think it's all going out of hand, you know when people can get away with charging that much then they will.
Wait for sales then. Alowarehouse had them on memorial day for around $500 or so I think. I know what you mean about rising prices. Sometimes I think they charge the prices they do because they know people will pay it. I struggle with customs and would love a pair of their equinox, but $1500 (plus import tax) means that's pretty much a non starter for me. Not so much I can't afford it (I can more or less), but can't really justify it.

Nov 2, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #3,045 of 3,483
I got the Comet a few days.
The only tip I am able to get a decent fit with are the Final Audio E type silicone eartips. They came with the Comet.
They loosen up a little after a while. Any suggestions for eartips?
Could also use suggestions for a thin and lightweight cable without an ear hook for the Comet.
Thank you!

I am loving the original V1 JVC Spiral Dot tips with the Atlas and I have some Spiral Dot++ on order.

The Atlas comes with a great silver litz cable, but it is single ended and my Lotoo PAW Gold Touch has a 4.4mm balanced out. I bought the Fiio LC-4.4D, also a silver litz cable, and removed the heatshrink overmolding. It does not sound like a downgrade with the Atlas; it should be a good upgrade for the Comet.

I will probably get something fancier and longer at some point (1.5M FTW) but this is a nice silver cable for $90. Not sure what DAP you are using, but you can also get a standard 3.5mm plug or 2.5mm balanced plug.

As shipped with heatshrink:

Mine small.jpg

Heatshrink removed and worn down:

No overmolding crop.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back