NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Aug 15, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #2,956 of 3,483
Well, i received my Comet today. I try tip rolling and spiral dots is just outclass everything. This sounds like Andromeda with spiral dots. Really rounded spacious sound. Cant believe what im hearing

edit: am i dreaming or what? i tried my Comet with es100, xcan, s10plus, all of them are quite meh. I use my old creative sound blaster, the holographic and details come in. Whut?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #2,957 of 3,483
Well, i received my Comet today. I try tip rolling and spiral dots is just outclass everything. This sounds like Andromeda with spiral dots. Really rounded spacious sound. Cant believe what im hearing

edit: am i dreaming or what? i tried my Comet with es100, xcan, s10plus, all of them are quite meh. I use my old creative sound blaster, the holographic and details come in. Whut?

That's why I keep my Comet. It's like baby Andromeda in its signature

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #2,958 of 3,483
That's why I keep my Comet. It's like baby Andromeda in its signature
I list this for sale but maybe i will take it off lol
this reminds me my andromeda a lot.

Maybe i finally got a match by using my old creative sound blaster thx studio as my source. I mean that's a cheap source but it sounds better than any other expensive dac/amp i own .... idk why i didnt test my andros with this before @@

edit: truly is, this is andros baby. Warm mids with sparkle treble. Giving a rounded holographic.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #2,959 of 3,483
Another morning where I was practically unable to use my Atlas's due to ongoing driver flex issues with silicone tips. I have spent a small fortune on tips trying to find the elusive pair that works for me and I thought I had with the small Spinfits, but evidently not. It is so frustrating as these are amazing IEMs, I really didnt want to go down the foam tip route but I think my choices are this or look to sell them for something else. I wish I knew of a IEM with the sound and fit of the Atlas but without driver flex.

Aug 19, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #2,960 of 3,483
Another morning where I was practically unable to use my Atlas's due to ongoing driver flex issues with silicone tips. I have spent a small fortune on tips trying to find the elusive pair that works for me and I thought I had with the small Spinfits, but evidently not. It is so frustrating as these are amazing IEMs, I really didnt want to go down the foam tip route but I think my choices are this or look to sell them for something else. I wish I knew of a IEM with the sound and fit of the Atlas but without driver flex.

I felt much the same. But what I found is that, if you can find a silicone tip that doesn’t lodge itself deeply in the ear, but is secure enough that it doesn’t fall out, you can minimise the driver flex issue. It’s very much suck it and see. But I’ve now got the spiral dots medium and the Final Audio E tip in small and they both do the job. The spirals are better at high end but the Finals have better bass. Depends what mood I’m in

Aug 19, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,961 of 3,483

Custom tips from Custom Art, Perfect Seal, Snugs or Advanced Eartune Fidelity?

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #2,962 of 3,483
I felt much the same. But what I found is that, if you can find a silicone tip that doesn’t lodge itself deeply in the ear, but is secure enough that it doesn’t fall out, you can minimise the driver flex issue. It’s very much suck it and see. But I’ve now got the spiral dots medium and the Final Audio E tip in small and they both do the job. The spirals are better at high end but the Finals have better bass. Depends what mood I’m in

I have found I get the best results from using smaller tips than I normally would, also its clear to me today that any moisture in my ear will greatly affect driver flex as today I had no problem. I have ordered a set of Final Audio E and also have some small JVC Spital Dots on their way.

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #2,963 of 3,483
I have found I get the best results from using smaller tips than I normally would, also its clear to me today that any moisture in my ear will greatly affect driver flex as today I had no problem. I have ordered a set of Final Audio E and also have some small JVC Spital Dots on their way.
Yep...that's the ticket

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #2,964 of 3,483
Are you going to use Spiral with Comet. I can assure you that to my ears, spiral dots improves Comet performance in sooooo many ways!

Aug 25, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #2,965 of 3,483

Have you tried Symbio W hybrid tips? I had the same problem, but only in my right ear with my R1 Zenith.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #2,966 of 3,483
Have you tried Symbio W hybrid tips? I had the same problem, but only in my right ear with my R1 Zenith.
I find the Symbio a very poor fit and uncomfortable. And I’ve tried at least a couple of different sizes. For me it’s between the bassier Final Es or the Spiral dots which have better resolution at the top end. But in both cases you have to try different sizes. Driver flex is a complete pain but I think the Atlas is so good, it’s worth persevering.

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #2,967 of 3,483
I find the Symbio a very poor fit and uncomfortable. And I’ve tried at least a couple of different sizes. For me it’s between the bassier Final Es or the Spiral dots which have better resolution at the top end. But in both cases you have to try different sizes. Driver flex is a complete pain but I think the Atlas is so good, it’s worth persevering.

Tried defoaming the symbio?

Aug 25, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #2,968 of 3,483
I have stuck it out with spiral dots as they hands down sound best to me, and if it’s any consolation, driver flex gets less and less an issue as time goes o. Perhaps the insertion technique improves or the tips sort of “model” to the ear canal. I don’t know. All I know is driver flex used to bother me and now it doesn’t.

Aug 27, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #2,969 of 3,483
I have stuck it out with spiral dots as they hands down sound best to me, and if it’s any consolation, driver flex gets less and less an issue as time goes o. Perhaps the insertion technique improves or the tips sort of “model” to the ear canal. I don’t know. All I know is driver flex used to bother me and now it doesn’t.

Same here, driver flex was a big issue when I first purchased Atlas a month ago, but now it happenes way less. Definitely some kind of canal/tip/driver adaptation has place.

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #2,970 of 3,483
Not much love for Comets here so here's mine with SPC cable swap

IMG_0023.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back