NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Oct 11, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #2,986 of 3,483
Those new vogue cables are actually in a price range I think is acceptable for a cable, so may be worth trying out, especially since my original cable is starting to wear out (the 3.5 connector end). Anyone have experience with the vogue cables? Most important to me would be microphonics. Also do they have ear hooks/guides normally? Thats sort of a no go for me with the atlas.

Edit: I see that whoevers cable that was had to custom order it without the ear guides. At least it can be done. May or may not pick one up... As long as the original cable still works, not sure its a necessary purchase just yet.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #2,987 of 3,483
Hi - what’s the WiFi performance like in the Cayin?

I have never had any wifi issues with the cayin, but I also have decent wifi signal strength at my house. One thing to note though is that depending on IEM used (and it will show up on the atlas), when using wifi on the balanced (4.4) output, there is audible wifi interference.

Hi - you mentioned you play Tidal through the Cayin, but is MQA compatible? Thanks

I dont use Tidal, but I assume you are talking about the higher resolution hardware unfold? If so, no. Though you still get software unfold up to 96khz I believe. Cayin gave reason I think that since the n6ii has swappable motherboards, they would have to certify each one individually, and it wasnt a process they wanted to go through.

I realize that those responses kind of make it seem like its not a great player... it is. I cant comment too too too much on sound quality since I think sound quality differences between daps are often minimal. But it does produce excellent, clean sound. And with the option to swap motherboards, if the signature of one dac/amp combo isnt your cup of tea, there are other options (though limited to only 2 at the moment).

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #2,989 of 3,483
I'm wondering if the atlas would make a great all rounder or is it too bassy..

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #2,990 of 3,483
I'm wondering if the atlas would make a great all rounder or is it too bassy..
Once the Atlas is seasoned properly, it is a super engaging listen for most genres.

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #2,991 of 3,483
Oct 16, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #2,992 of 3,483
Better than Andros and Solaris?
Very subjective..I can't say what is better. I responded to your question as I do feel it can be a good all-arounder. I am not sure I would say better or worse, each has their area they excel at.

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #2,994 of 3,483
Just after a set for use with several genres, to make sure I use them a lot

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,995 of 3,483
Just after a set for use with several genres, to make sure I use them a lot

The Atlas is ridiculously fun and addictive. When I couldn’t listen to them for 2 weeks I was craving them. The Solaris is technically the best out of the lot, in detail, soundstage and giving that holographic feeling and I feel that it sits inbetween the atlas and andromeda in terms of bass. Satisfying sub bass rumble but nowhere near as satisfying as the atlas. More of an out of head experience. The andromeda is completely lacking in sub bass in my opinion but it excels in treble sparkle... not heard another earphone yet that is as airy. Good separation and a slightly wider stage than the Solaris but not as holographic and doesn’t give a perception of depth in the music. I would say the andromeda’s are the most versatile if you can live without the complete lack of subbass

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #2,996 of 3,483
The Atlas is ridiculously fun and addictive. When I couldn’t listen to them for 2 weeks I was craving them. The Solaris is technically the best out of the lot, in detail, soundstage and giving that holographic feeling and I feel that it sits inbetween the atlas and andromeda in terms of bass. Satisfying sub bass rumble but nowhere near as satisfying as the atlas. More of an out of head experience. The andromeda is completely lacking in sub bass in my opinion but it excels in treble sparkle... not heard another earphone yet that is as airy. Good separation and a slightly wider stage than the Solaris but not as holographic and doesn’t give a perception of depth in the music. I would say the andromeda’s are the most versatile if you can live without the complete lack of subbass
Thanks for the assist

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #2,997 of 3,483
looking for a bass IEMs and hopefully an upgrade from my fiio fh7's. hows the fit and seal of the CA atlas? all people are saying fh7 fit is superb but it doesnt stay on my ear and had to keep adjusting it. im guessing CA atlas would be worst? hit me.!
Occasional re-adjustment required for me. But not too bad. Big problem is driver flex. If you put one in too deep you hear nothing from it for a bit.

Oct 16, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #3,000 of 3,483
If I were spending that much for that atlas I think I'd go a bit further and get the equinox my self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back