NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 7, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #182 of 3,483
Any more impressions and comparisons, please?
What kind of tips work with these, wide/narrow bore silicone, foam?
Any noticeable colouration, spikes or inconsistencies across the frequency range?
Outside of US it's just under $50 extra for postage + taxes if they apply, makes impulse decision to buy so much more difficult to action :frowning2:

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #185 of 3,483
Wh

Which? The comet or atlas?
I bought the Comets. Listened to the Atlas too. Atlas was like a bigger version of the Comet in looks and sound. Truthfully, though, I thought the Atlas was maybe "too much" of a good thing. Maybe too much bass for my liking.
I just put on some Dekoni foams and changed out the wire from the mic'd cable that Campfire gives you (I hate mic'd cables, but I'm sure they'll offer them without the mic at some point). I'll have to tip roll to see what's best, but these sound good already. It's a wide bore for tips. Cable is nice too. Slapped on my Ibasso CB-12 balanced cable into balanced on my Shanling M3s and the Comets sound great balanced.
Just a well-balanced sounding IEM with some real meat and weight. Highs are not splashy or irritating at all. Mids are nice and thick making vocals sound rich. Bass is yummy and big like a rock song wants it to be. They are super comfortable to wear and are small and lightweight (but not cheap feeling at all). In other words, they're not like lead weights in your ear.
Very easy to get into your headspace with these, I don't find myself searching for anything. Some might want more emphasis in the highs, I'm not one of those...
I'll have to weigh in on detail retrieval and tecnical ability a bit later after I've got these burned in.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #186 of 3,483
Very interested in hearing comparisons between the atlas and the Vega. Anyone coming back from canjam have any impressions? I literally just got my Vegas and haven’t even tried them yet so I’d like to know differences

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #189 of 3,483
With all the great options there, why'd you go with the Comet? By which I mean, what set them apart from the other iems there?
For me, personally, I was looking for a single driver earphone that was small and to be worn cable down. Something not too expensive, but sounded good (a good full range). These are not the "end all be all" phones, for sure. Not the killer of $2000 IEMs. They are, though, small and comfortable. Great sounding and gives you a sound that is as big as a muti-driver over ear type IEM in an over the price point. For me, comfort and usability have equal value when enjoying an earpiece. There's no fussing about for fit. You stick them in your ears and go. I love that aspect. I tried some others (singles in small form) there too, all the rest were splashy in highs and not as robust sounding. These will become my go-to walk arounds for sure.

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #190 of 3,483
Very interested in hearing comparisons between the atlas and the Vega. Anyone coming back from canjam have any impressions? I literally just got my Vegas and haven’t even tried them yet so I’d like to know differences

The Atlas are harder hitting on the low end and more dynamic/faster than the Vegas. There also appears to be better separation and sound stage. I cannot comment on the quality of the bass vs the Vegas.

Think of them as Vegas on steroids.

The Comets are good all around headphones, probably one of the better IEMs $200 or less. I would have bought them if they had fuller bass.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #191 of 3,483
The Atlas are harder hitting on the low end and more dynamic/faster than the Vegas. There also appears to be better separation and sound stage. I cannot comment on the quality of the bass vs the Vegas.

The Comets are good all around headphones, probably one of the better IEMs $200 or less. I would have bought them if they had fuller bass.
The Atlas' had a big ol' low end. I think I actually made an audible sound when I put them on on. "Whoa". haha.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #194 of 3,483

Did you say more bass than Vega? :astonished:

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #195 of 3,483

I also want to note that, I bought the Vegas shortly after Canjam last year and although, I liked the Atlas, I will not buy them.

I just came back from Canjam as well and I agree with the Atlas impressions. It's a Vega on steroids. Bigger, cleaner, harder hitting, larger sound stage, but still smooth as silk.
If the Vega is a nice 32oz porterhouse steak, the Atlas is a 64oz tomahawk ribeye. I think it's a pretty amazing iem for what it is, but it's too much for me.
Build quality is rock solid.

The Comet was a miss for me. For $199, I expected a little more. Knowing what $199 can buy you in the Chi-Fi world, I think these are lacking in clarity and extension on both sides.
It's a very smooth iem, but I think you can do better for the money without looking too hard. Build quality was also amazing on these. I hope he continues with this line and adds a multi-driver BA or a hybrid down the road. I actually like the housing on these iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back