NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #166 of 3,483
Ken is a craftsman. Love the work he's done. I'm looking forward to see how this new format plays out.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #168 of 3,483
Your videos sold me!

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #169 of 3,483
anyone know if the cable is apple or android compatible for the comet?

Considering new iPhones don't have a headphone jack I don't see new cables being iOS friendly anymore

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #172 of 3,483
Apr 7, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #175 of 3,483
20180407_165710.jpg

Nice ultra portable combo :)

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #176 of 3,483
I am surprised that I am dialing up the gain to high, it seems to need a bit of volume - or I am deaf.

Also my ear canal virginity has been well and truly broken as they need a decent insertion to fully perform.
Not to an uncomfortable point though, just till the right seal is achieved.

Listening in bed with the Opus#3 at the moment. Truly impressed with what these little monsters can do.

I really need to dial it back a bit and pair it with a few lower priced daps and my ipod touch as many who will choose to purchase the Comet will be pairing it with something in a similar price range.
Also I will pair the Comet with higher end daps to see how they scale up.

And do a few comparisons with earphones at the same or there abouts price point.

Maybe some cable swapping.

But thats all for the review grindstone....

Color me intrigued. Usually I just save it for the review (Just post a few pics for the folks online) as then I have been through the various stages of new toy, sounds good/ok, oh heres a few inconsistancies, problems, shortcomings, good points etc.....but the Comet already ticks many boxes for me.

Its late I am tempted to continue to listen to music as these are quite a pleasure to use, but I must continue my fifth or so time going through all the seasons of Inpector Poirot.

04802CDA-3FC6-483A-972A-2828FEFCF8BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #178 of 3,483
I am surprised that I am dialing up the gain to high, it seems to need a bit of volume - or I am deaf.

Also my ear canal virginity has been well and truly broken as they need a decent insertion to fully perform.
Not to an uncomfortable point though, just till the right seal is achieved.

Listening in bed with the Opus#3 at the moment. Truly impressed with what these little monsters can do.

I really need to dial it back a bit and pair it with a few lower priced daps and my ipod touch as many who will choose to purchase the Comet will be pairing it with something in a similar price range.
Also I will pair the Comet with higher end daps to see how they scale up.

And do a few comparisons with earphones at the same or there abouts price point.

Maybe some cable swapping.

But thats all for the review grindstone....

Color me intrigued. Usually I just save it for the review (Just post a few pics for the folks online) as then I have been through the various stages of new toy, sounds good/ok, oh heres a few inconsistancies, problems, shortcomings, good points etc.....but the Comet already ticks many boxes for me.

Its late I am tempted to continue to listen to music as these are quite a pleasure to use, but I must continue my fifth or so time going through all the seasons of Inpector Poirot.

The user manual from the CA website says the SPL of Comet is 97 dB, which is lower than most BA IEMs these days, so I guess it's OK to turn it up a bit than usual..

I actually consider it a good thing. As much as I love my Andromeda, they are quite loud at the lowest volume setting of my Mojo/ Hugo 2, which makes it impossible for me to enjoy them late at night, when my hearing usually gets really sensitive. I need something doesn't get loud that easily, and comfortable to the ears, for these late night listening hours. I was going to wait for the Final Audio E4000/ E5000, but the Comet really seem to tick all the boxes. Now it's decision making time..

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #179 of 3,483
Nice setup ,
Please can you tell me about the vocals positioning and soundstage depth/height , thanks .

It's late in Japan so I will answer after sleep but these are pretty damn nice. I would not know it as a single BA just by listening. My previous experience with single BA was bothered by a design limitation to get sub-bass?
Seemed like that. The bassists in all the groups like AC/DC and Aerosmith, Boston and Led Zeppelin are all clear and present and the mids are nice too.Fit is just amazing. BLOCK OUT THE WORLD kind of stuff.

Very cool

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #180 of 3,483
It's late in Japan so I will answer after sleep but these are pretty damn nice. I would not know it as a single BA just by listening. My previous experience with single BA was bothered by a design limitation to get sub-bass?
Seemed like that. The bassists in all the groups like AC/DC and Aerosmith, Boston and Led Zeppelin are all clear and present and the mids are nice too.Fit is just amazing. BLOCK OUT THE WORLD kind of stuff.

Very cool
It's Ok i am not in rush , waiting for your detailed answer when you have free time ,,,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back