1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. Colors
    I just ordered a Comet. According to the retailer's website, it will ship April 16 - 19.

Hoping they wow me.

Richsvt likes this.
  2. Richsvt
    Ken is a craftsman. Love the work he's done. I'm looking forward to see how this new format plays out.

3. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
  4. Colors
    Your videos sold me!

Hawaiibadboy likes this.
  5. Lurk650
    Considering new iPhones don't have a headphone jack I don't see new cables being iOS friendly anymore

6. cardeli22
    @fjbruening has stated that the buttons work with the iphone 8 plus.

7. bvng3540
    iPhone 8 Plus doesn’t have the 3.5mm plug, how can it work

8. theveterans
    If you buy the lightning version of the cable

9. bvng3540
    Of course that will work, but we are talking about the cable that come with the Comet

10. KLK2A1

cardeli22 likes this.
  11. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    20180407_165710.jpg

Nice ultra portable combo :)

cardeli22, Colors and Ahmad313 like this.
  12. ExpatinJapan
    I am surprised that I am dialing up the gain to high, it seems to need a bit of volume - or I am deaf.

Also my ear canal virginity has been well and truly broken as they need a decent insertion to fully perform.
    Not to an uncomfortable point though, just till the right seal is achieved.

Listening in bed with the Opus#3 at the moment. Truly impressed with what these little monsters can do.

I really need to dial it back a bit and pair it with a few lower priced daps and my ipod touch as many who will choose to purchase the Comet will be pairing it with something in a similar price range.
    Also I will pair the Comet with higher end daps to see how they scale up.

And do a few comparisons with earphones at the same or there abouts price point.

Maybe some cable swapping.

But thats all for the review grindstone....

Color me intrigued. Usually I just save it for the review (Just post a few pics for the folks online) as then I have been through the various stages of new toy, sounds good/ok, oh heres a few inconsistancies, problems, shortcomings, good points etc.....but the Comet already ticks many boxes for me.

Its late I am tempted to continue to listen to music as these are quite a pleasure to use, but I must continue my fifth or so time going through all the seasons of Inpector Poirot.

04802CDA-3FC6-483A-972A-2828FEFCF8BC.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    B9Scrambler and fuhransahis like this.
  13. Ahmad313
    Nice setup ,
    Please can you tell me about the vocals positioning and soundstage depth/height , thanks .

14. dannyvstheworld
    The user manual from the CA website says the SPL of Comet is 97 dB, which is lower than most BA IEMs these days, so I guess it's OK to turn it up a bit than usual..

I actually consider it a good thing. As much as I love my Andromeda, they are quite loud at the lowest volume setting of my Mojo/ Hugo 2, which makes it impossible for me to enjoy them late at night, when my hearing usually gets really sensitive. I need something doesn't get loud that easily, and comfortable to the ears, for these late night listening hours. I was going to wait for the Final Audio E4000/ E5000, but the Comet really seem to tick all the boxes. Now it's decision making time..

HeartOfSky and ExpatinJapan like this.
  15. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    It's late in Japan so I will answer after sleep but these are pretty damn nice. I would not know it as a single BA just by listening. My previous experience with single BA was bothered by a design limitation to get sub-bass?
    Seemed like that. The bassists in all the groups like AC/DC and Aerosmith, Boston and Led Zeppelin are all clear and present and the mids are nice too.Fit is just amazing. BLOCK OUT THE WORLD kind of stuff.

Very cool

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last