NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 11, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #346 of 3,483
It called Bronze Dragon :ksc75smile: I currently have one with 2 pins and it sound great, I inquiry Drew about the Mmcx for my up coming Atlas and he said it a problematic and he will not providing it
Oh oh. @MoonAudio what is the issue?

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #347 of 3,483
81A0C554-68D8-47FF-B554-130BCC5E8D3D.jpeg

Apr 11, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #348 of 3,483
ok, I am wrong again. Looks like it is just the Bronze Dragon that won't come with MMCX. I've got to post better information...all other dragons seem to have an option.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #351 of 3,483
I like his pictures and he has the right to post whatever he wants the same as anyone else. You can chose not to look...

Well, but - as mentioned by somebody else before - these pictures eat up sooo much mobile data if you just scroll through the forum with your phone! That IS a problem and I also don`t understand why Hawaiibadboy just does not react (at all) to what many have said and makes the pictures a bit smaller or post them as thumbnails?
It`s not that we don`t value his reviews - they are great! Just the pictures ARE TOO BIG!

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #352 of 3,483
It is because the Comet already became available and many have try it, Atlas won’t be available until May, once people get their hands on the Atlas then you will not hear about Comet at all:ksc75smile:

You know it wouldn’t surprise me if this was actually a clever plan. In all the threads I’ve seen when more than one product was announced and available at the same time, the flagship gets all the attention. This way there will be plenty of impressions and reviews in the next few months of both the Comet and the Atlas.

When the Adromeda was announced the Nova got buried.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #353 of 3,483
Well, but - as mentioned by somebody else before - these pictures eat up sooo much mobile data if you just scroll through the forum with your phone! That IS a problem and I also don`t understand why Hawaiibadboy just does not react (at all) to what many have said and makes the pictures a bit smaller or post them as thumbnails?
It`s not that we don`t value his reviews - they are great! Just the pictures ARE TOO BIG!
I can understand what you're gripe is about as it pertains to you, but Head-Fi allows users to post large photos if they want to. If they didn't want that, they would automatically make them thumbnails. There's a window of etiquette, true, but he's done nothing to breach that.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #354 of 3,483
Interesting that this thread was created for both the Comet and Atlas and we have about 22 pages of Comet impressions and reviews but few, if any, on the Atlas! Maybe the Comet should have been introduced as the new Flagship!
I will be auditioning both at Axpona this weekend.
I listened to the Atlas for about 10 minutes at CanJam. It's got a big bass. An all-around bold signature. Nothing lacking in the mids or highs. It sounded great and huge. Incredibly rich and thick sounding. That's the general impression. Wish I could do better, but I wasn't in the market for it at the time and I wasn't really analyzing it. But...since I love my Comets so much, the door has been opened for consideration. I can tell you that they are incredibly comfortable to wear with it's down hanging cable. Like the Comet, they just sit in the ear and feel right with their stainless shells. I would consider the Atlas above others that were comparable at this price range just for that reason alone. I'm moving away from that Universal Fit thing, I think others are thinking the same.

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #356 of 3,483
Drew needs to talk to Ken Ball. The Campfire MMCX is a quality connector unlike the cheaper ones found on a lot of other IEMs.

The 2 pin connector is horrible and prone to breakage, so what is the alternative? The T2?

Apr 11, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #357 of 3,483
Apr 11, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #358 of 3,483
What's the point of posting full screen photo on every page?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 21) <<<<< Red # is the point

Because Head-Fi is an open and public viewed forum attracting people from around the world who wanna learn about it (whatever item they are looking at). This site is English only but the world in not so sometimes pictures is all they can get.

• Companies never complain
  • I get lots of thanks from folks who comment on YT but saw pics here...the red # above might be some of them. And they buy stuff too. A lot of them do.
  • I like lots of colors
  • This item is sexy
  • You can use block user function. :)

I will not reply again and jam this thread with anything but...PICTURES or answers to questions I can answer. Peace. no isssues, just doin my thing and enjoying the hobby.

Aloha and Mahalo!

I like his pictures and he has the right to post whatever he wants the same as anyone else. You can chose not to look...

Thank you sir.

20180412_094143[1].jpg

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #359 of 3,483
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 22, Guests: 21) <<<<< Red # is the point

Because Head-Fi is an open and public viewed forum attracting people from around the world who wanna learn about it (whatever item they are looking at). This site is English only but the world in not so sometimes pictures is all they can get.

• Companies never complain
  • I get lots of thanks from folks who comment on YT but saw pics here...the red # above might be some of them. And they buy stuff too. A lot of them do.
  • I like lots of colors
  • This item is sexy
  • You can use block user function. :)

I will not reply again and jam this thread with anything but...PICTURES or answers to questions I can answer. Peace. no isssues, just doin my thing and enjoying the hobby.

Aloha and Mahalo!

Thank you sir.

I like that B1s setup too. I think that amp sounds great with the Comets.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #360 of 3,483
Drew needs to talk to Ken Ball. The Campfire MMCX is a quality connector unlike the cheaper ones found on a lot of other IEMs.

The 2 pin connector is horrible and prone to breakage, so what is the alternative? The T2?

I have five iems (Ito3, Lab2, Vega, Andromeda, F7200) with MMCX and none of them have ever given me a single problem. However, the two pins on my JH13Pros including the socket have been broken three times, I have to return to Jerry Harvey for repair three times costing me three hundred dollars or more. The socket for the two pin connector will first become loose and then the cable will fall off, very bad design. That is why JH audio eventually develop the locking four pin connector. Drew is not accurate on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back