NEW - Campfire Comet and Atlas
Apr 9, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #271 of 3,483
Just FYI...
While at CanJam, I tested the Comet's cable with an Apple Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter on my iPhone 8 and all the controls worked perfectly!
Ken also wanted to test the call quality of the mic, so he called me on his phone and we could hear and talk to each other quite clearly, so it has a good mic too.
He said he plans to eventually offer the cable for sale by itself, which will be a nice option for anyone looking for a high quality, iOS friendly, MMCX cable for their IEM of choice.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #272 of 3,483
So hyped to get my Comets!

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #273 of 3,483
How’s vocal and soundstage of comet? Been thinking to purchase one..

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #274 of 3,483
How’s vocal and soundstage of comet? Been thinking to purchase one..
20180410_103711_001[1].jpg

vocals (male and female) sound excellent

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #280 of 3,483
Am I the only one who thinks 50's hairdryer when you see pics of the Comets in this sort of orientation?

I'll mention again the hope to get comparisons to the Brainwavz B150 (how 2 different companies approach a single BA design) and the B400 (similarly priced).

Compared the Comet to B400 at CanJam and I preferred Comet's more forward upper mids and more neutral treble. B400's treble sounded recessed/rolled off to me. Bass is equal or slightly better on the B400. Then again 1 BA from Comet is darn impressive in the Bass dept with a great source!

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:48 PM Post #281 of 3,483
I just received my Comet.
Well no joking around, this pair will probably be my best buy this year. I love its sound, typically its bass response, which made me addicted and didn't even want to move when I was testing with Nightwish's Ghost Love Score.
Never heard of Nightwish before but man I am enjoying all their music I find Youtube. Thanks

Apr 10, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #283 of 3,483
Was wondering if anyone compared Comets with Polaris?
I've owned Polaris before. Based on my impression, Polaris is warmer, brighter and wider sound stage. Also, it's base is typical dynamic so responses not as quick as Comet. However, Comet from my impression, sound is distributed evenly across the 3-range, base response is really quick as well which makes the whole earphones sounds clean, neat and musical.

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #284 of 3,483
Thanks..... I was about to pull the trigger on Polaris might wait a little longer just to try out Comet's before deciding.

I've owned Polaris before. Based on my impression, Polaris is warmer, brighter and wider sound stage. Also, it's base is typical dynamic so responses not as quick as Comet. However, Comet from my impression, sound is distributed evenly across the 3-range, base response is really quick as well which makes the whole earphones sounds clean, neat and musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back