New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Dec 31, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #1,276 of 1,956
Thanks for the reply.

Shane D

Dec 31, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #1,277 of 1,956
A trivia question for T5p owners: Are your ear cups spring loaded? I could have sworn that while researching video's on these that the cups were spring loaded to go against your ears. Or was it the T1's? I just got my used pair and they are not. I am looking back through review video's and can't find any mention. Am I delusional? I am gettin' old...

Shane D

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:42 PM Post #1,279 of 1,956
Happy New Year's folks!!

Shane D

Jan 1, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #1,280 of 1,956
Wow, These Headphones are amazing! Using my Sony DAP (ZX300), I set the bass at +2 and the treble at -1. No other tricks.

An hour of Florence and The Machine sounded excellent. Great vocal presentation.
Hour of Trombone Shorty sounded just as clear and had my head bobbing and my feet tapping.
I then jumped into 90 minutes of Stone Temple Pilots, new and old. These cans can do It all. That new singer just fits right in.

Now I am running through my 2018 additions:
Arkells
Black Stone Cherry
The Blue Stones
Dave Matthews
Kamasi Washington
Miles Davis/John Coltrane

Turns out I bought 152 songs in 2018, so this will take a while.:)

On a different tack, they have been on my head for 5.5 hours and still feel comfortable!

So glad I made this purchase!

Shane D

Jan 1, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #1,281 of 1,956
7 straight hours of wear, including a nap, with no ear pain. A new record for me. Pretty impressive.:smile_phones:

Shane D

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #1,283 of 1,956
Did you do any modification to head T5p's or is it straight out of the box. I always found them a little clampy as well as heavy (can't do much about that). I love the T5p an T1 sound, but couldn't seem to keep wearing them for hours and hours. I've had a lot of luck with Fostex TH series headphones though.

My wife & I are logging lots of hours together on the two new Christmas gift T5ps.

No fatigue & no discomfort from hours of wear.

Great sound & comfort.

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #1,284 of 1,956
Did you do any modification to head T5p's or is it straight out of the box. I always found them a little clampy as well as heavy (can't do much about that). I love the T5p an T1 sound, but couldn't seem to keep wearing them for hours and hours. I've had a lot of luck with Fostex TH series headphones though.

Nothing on either.

Like much eise, I think it takes time for the brain to adjust to the sensory of weight - contact.

I also have had the T1 for a few years. I like the softer pads on it, but thus far, I’ve been so lost in the music that hours have passed w T5 being comfortable.

I wouldn’t mind swapping to the soft pads, but am concerned about the change in sound.

Jan 2, 2019 at 6:31 PM Post #1,285 of 1,956
My wife & I are logging lots of hours together on the two new Christmas gift T5ps.

No fatigue & no discomfort from hours of wear.

Great sound & comfort.

Did you get two pairs of T5p's for Christmas? Seems a little repetitive?

Shane D

Jan 3, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #1,286 of 1,956

I found that the Dekoni Lambskin pads helped loads with the clamp as the foam is much softer.

Jan 3, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #1,288 of 1,956
Jan 3, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #1,289 of 1,956
Perhaps increases the bass a bit but nothing major considering the improvement in comfort.
I ended up with the Dekoni pads for the Fostex TH900; they are just a bit bigger but that brings even more comfort for me, now my ears aren't touching the pads at all! The inner diameter of the Dekoni pads for the T5p are smaller then the original, something to be aware of.

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #1,290 of 1,956
I ended up with the Dekoni pads for the Fostex TH900; they are just a bit bigger but that brings even more comfort for me, now my ears aren't touching the pads at all! The inner diameter of the Dekoni pads for the T5p are smaller then the original, something to be aware of.

Yeah the hole is a bit smaller but I guess I have small ears as I never found it an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back