New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Mar 4, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #1,951 of 1,956
Can someone who has tried them please confirm that the model of Dekoni sheepskin pads I require for my T5P Mk.2 phones are EPZ-DT78990-SK. How difficult are these to fit? Thanks Wilson
Yes, those will fit, and go on quite easily. I opted for the Elite Hybrid for my t5P.2 rather than the Elite Sheepskin. Cannot say how much the sound varies between the two pads, though.

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #1,952 of 1,956
Can someone who has tried them please confirm that the model of Dekoni sheepskin pads I require for my T5P Mk.2 phones are EPZ-DT78990-SK. How difficult are these to fit? Thanks Wilson
Those are the correct ones. They're very easy to fit. You can either slip them over the rim of the earcups, or use the plastic ring that the stock earcups are attached to. You can easily pop it out and take the stock pads off. Beyer pads are extremely easy to swap.

Mar 9, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #1,953 of 1,956
Dekoni pads all fitted. Getting the last 2 to 3 mm into the quite tight slot on the rim of the T5P-2 headphones, without getting a wrinkle is quite a challenge. I used a tool on my mini Swiss Army knife which I think is meant for pushing the cuticle down on nails. Using the plastic ring might be a better idea. Delighted with the Dekoni pads. They are far more comfortable than the original and just enough deeper, so that the tips of my ears don't touch the protective foam.
Wilson

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #1,954 of 1,956
Dekoni pads all fitted. Getting the last 2 to 3 mm into the quite tight slot on the rim of the T5P-2 headphones, without getting a wrinkle is quite a challenge. I used a tool on my mini Swiss Army knife which I think is meant for pushing the cuticle down on nails. Using the plastic ring might be a better idea. Delighted with the Dekoni pads. They are far more comfortable than the original and just enough deeper, so that the tips of my ears don't touch the protective foam.
Wilson
Good effort. I've owned the T5p twice before and regretted letting go of it each time, so I've just picked it up again. They're getting harder and harder to find in great condition. Well worth holding onto. Give it a few more years and they'll become gold dust to find.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #1,956 of 1,956
Hey everyone,
Anyone compared t5p 2nd gen or t5 3rd gen vs denon ah-d7200?
2nd gen is the brightest of the bunch but not too bright.

3rd gen is quite a bit warmer, but it lacks the clarity of the 2nd gen.

AH-D7200 is very recessed in the vocals.

I think the Beyers are both better then the Denon. 3rd gen is the best balance overall (most mass market tuning). 2nd gen is my favourite but I have the Audioquest Nightowl along with it for a contrasting sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back