1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by rhizomatik, Dec 15, 2015.
First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
Next

Last
  1. frenox
    interesting, some people like the bass on the other hand. do you mind explaining a bit more in detail about what's lacking in the bass region ?

2. Rowethren
    I personally found the cable horrendously stiff and replaced it ASAP!

arielext and Tennessee like this.
  3. SteveOliver
    To throw my 2p worth in. I find the bass to be thin when I first put this on my head, but after a short while (15 minutes or so) the overall sound gets fuller and develops nicely. Is that because of the brain-burn-in effect or the supplied pads deforming to my head and sealing better, I'm not sure. The T5p Gen 2 has never instantly grabbed me for the first few minutes, but after that it envelops my ears with it's smooth velvety sound. :)

4. frenox
    glad to hear that. appreciate your opinion, thanks.

5. arielext
    A pure OCC cable is needed here. Not for Quality but for handling!
    T5P was my ref. till I heard the TH900 SB. T5p is still hee, not as the reference though.

Rowethren likes this.
  6. Peter Hyatt
    Am I alone in loving both T1 and the T5?

7. Rowethren
    I like my T5s, I use them at work every day.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  8. lcasadonte
    Same, bought them for work and love them.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  9. frenox
    anyone have both t5p2 and and sony MDR-Z7M2 can provide their opinion about the comparison between the two ?

10. Shane D
    I am joining the club next week. I bought a used set and they are on their way. Pretty excited about this. I am trying to sell my Sony Z7's and hoping these will replace them as my top-dog closed back. I have never even heard a Beyerdynamic, so my fingers are crossed!:)

Shane D

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  11. Peter Hyatt
    I got my wife T5p for Christmas and she’s non stop playing it.

At night we take turns introducing music with the Chord Mojo (2 inputs) and the T5s.

I love the T1 but admit it’s nice to be able to use a closed headphone and not disturb others. She can bring T5 to work too.

lcasadonte likes this.
  12. Shane D
    Anybody running these out of a Sony DAP? I have a ZX-300 and wondering if anybody else is running this combo.

Shane D

13. SteveOliver
    I do, SE and balanced, sounds great to me, brings out the best of the headphone and ZX-300. Let me know if you want more specifics.

14. Shane D
    Thanks for the reply! Are you using high gain in balanced? Are you EQing them at all?

What kind of music are you playing? I do rock/pop and horn jazz. I can't wait to get them.

Shane D

15. SteveOliver
    High gain yes, but its probably not required, no EQ for me, just direct mode.

I listen to a very wide range of genres of music, but mostly rock/pop too. When I first put them on I allow a few minutes for the sound to fully stabilise, this seems to be a feature of the standard pads. I think its the foam fully adapting to my head and ears, this can happen with any pads but for the T5p 2 pads it seems to me to be more pronounced.

First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
Next

Last