New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Aug 8, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #63 of 3,924
Aug 9, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #64 of 3,924
  Hello everybody,

I am Klaus, 1 of 4 product managers for headphones at beyerdynamic and the responsible one for the T 1.
Happy to see, that you like what we did. Shipping from our Heilbronn (Germany) factory has started yesterday.

Let me give you a little background info:
Yes, we changed the sound a bit, making it slightly more even in the treble and giving it some extra dBs in the low-mids and bass - broadrange, not just deep end. The T 1 is still far from being a bass-heavy, let alone muddy headphone. Remember: it's a beyer, so you treble and transparence -geeks will still be VERY happy with it. We just found, that tuning it to this direction, we can make it sound a bit more pleasing to our audiophile target group in general. (In other words: A string quartet will still sound beautiful, but some Quincy Jones basses will finally shine...)

The former T 1 is discontinued, and only the 2. generation will continue.
Changing drivers of the 1. Generation will not be enough to make it sound like the current 2. Generation. We won't offer modifications. An upgrade program is not planned.
Of course, we will show it at all trade shows, beginnning with IFA in Berlin beginning of September.
Happy to read, by the way, that you like the case. It was a pain in the neck getting it right...

Best,
Klaus

PS: In need to change that avatar...

So, basically this boils down to a new truely balanced detachable cable and change of the damping scheme? your description of the sound improvement seems very similar to reports after people exchange stock cable for true balanced and fiddle a bit with the pads.
Will those jacks be available from Beyer as sparepart at a reasonable price?

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #65 of 3,924
  So, basically this boils down to a new truely balanced detachable cable and change of the damping scheme? your description of the sound improvement seems very similar to reports after people exchange stock cable for true balanced and fiddle a bit with the pads.
Will those jacks be available from Beyer as sparepart at a reasonable price?

Hi Sören, (am I corect with the ö? I found it on my German keyboard)

again, please understand, that I cannot comment on the "how-it's-done" of improvements in sound. Indeed, the major improvements are detachable cable, possible use in balanced-mode and sound improvemens.
This is, why we call it T 1 (2. Generation) and haven't given it a different name.

Jack plugs will not be available as spare parts. Anyway, they are not user-servicable parts anyway, since the aluminium part is not just the outside shell of a hand-soldered cable.

Aug 9, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #66 of 3,924

again, please understand, that I cannot comment on the "how-it's-done" of improvements in sound. Indeed, the major improvements are detachable cable, possible use in balanced-mode and sound improvemens.
This is, why we call it T 1 (2. Generation) and haven't given it a different name.

Jack plugs will not be available as spare parts. Anyway, they are not user-servicable parts anyway, since the aluminium part is not just the outside shell of a hand-soldered cable.

@hanselmann: it's actually "ø" , but no worries :wink:
appreciate your answer, thnx a bunch

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #67 of 3,924
Aug 9, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #68 of 3,924

do beyers offer 3 pin balanced cable? 

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:09 AM Post #69 of 3,924
  By the way: we call it T 1 (2. Generation) to tell it apart from the former one. The official name is still - and only -  T 1. Just the way Apple does it with their iPod etc. in different generations.

Hello, Just wondering to know does T1 gen2 use the tesla technology 2.0 ?   And what actually different between tesla technology 1.0 and 2.0 ?

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #70 of 3,924

do beyers offer 3 pin balanced cable? 

We don't have plans to do so, and there is close-to-zero demand. 4-pin XLR became a kind-of-standard recently.
Since the pinouts are no secret, it's easy to solder adaptors.

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #71 of 3,924
I was asked now several times about availability in different regions, also through private messages.

Answer is simple and always the same:
For Germany call +49 7131 617-444 and just ask or send an e-mail to consumerproducts@beyerdynamic.de
For other countries ask the respective distributor, after finding them out on our website.

Hope, that helps.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #73 of 3,924
Aug 9, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #74 of 3,924
So, is it a match for my HD800's yet? :p

It always has been already:

beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back