New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jan meier, Aug 1, 2015.
  1. Jan Meier Contributor
    Dear headfellows,

a couple of days ago I got a note from the Beyerdynamic distributor. A new improved version of the T1 will hit the market soon.
      First devices have been promised to me by he end of August. I hope Beyerdynamic will be able to deliver.

I will post some impressions as soon as the phones have arrived.

Cheers

Jan

adrienne224 and wormsdriver like this.
  2. WraithApe
    Thanks for the info, Jan!

Looks like they've gone with a detachable cable for this version - about time!

adrienne224 likes this.
  3. Shure or bust
    Interesting. Any difference from the last version ?

adrienne224 likes this.
  4. WraithApe
    According to Garble Translate:

"Compared to its predecessor, the new T 1 shines through a stronger and more precise bass reproduction. This gives the sound more substance and ensures a balanced listening experience in a class. An additional damping in the heart of the Tesla driver resonances at high frequencies are eliminated. With the aim to create the ultimate sound experience, the geometry of the baffle structure was fundamentally optimized and the one-ply baffle tissue replaced by a more stable high-tech compound fabric. Thus, a resonance of the tissue is reduced to a minimum and thus produces an even clearer sound reproduction."

5. Shaffer
    Excellent news! I've been looking to buy a T1 kinda aiming toward the winter. The introduction of a revised version should make the pricing even more competitive for the original.

adrienne224 likes this.
  6. Klonatans
    Any news about a next gen TP5?

7. Hansotek
    I wonder if it will be possible to replace the drivers on old T1's with the new ones. My right driver broke earlier this summer... which means a full driver set replacement anyway. Maybe I'll hold out for this new generation driver to hit the market before sending it in for repair. 

8. ardilla
    Exciting. Any clues about pricing?

9. Puzzles

The spec sheet quoted an msrp of €990, which is €40 more than the current price. In the US, add $50-100 on the current dollar msrp.

10. Japheel
    Damn, hope they are more comfortable to listen to. That was my gripe with the original; vocalists got so peaky sometimes.

11. W00dEar
    Detachable cable, oh yeah!

http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1836145

12. MacedonianHero Contributor
    [​IMG]

13. gab840
    lol.. I just purchased a T1 two months ago [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Shure or bust
    Sorry to hear that. For buying them 2 months ago and the headphones.

IYAshike likes this.
  15. Buyer no 1
    A new T1. That's what I call good news :)

If the bass reproduction gets even more precise, it's going to be awesome!