New Beyer DT1350
Aug 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #3,526 of 4,010
Quote:
so what changes did they made to fhe facelift version?any diffence of the sound?

No difference in sound, just slightly different looks and slightly larger ear pads that probably won't effect the sound.

On that note... looking at these pics of the facelift version, I'm wondering if the original version that I bought about a month ago came with the updated pads. They look identical to the pads in the facelift pictures I've seen and they seem slightly larger than the ones in the original photos of the 1350:

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #3,527 of 4,010
Quote:

Actually, the pads are attached to the black plastic wrapped around the metal bands. Replacing the headband will probably mean replacing the plastic parts with the attached pads and looking at it I don't think it would be very difficult.

Sure would be great if someone can post a step by step guide here.

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #3,528 of 4,010
Aug 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #3,530 of 4,010
No it looks like the headband padding is different, its connected to the black plastic wrapped around the metal bands so there's no sticking or unsticking, just pop the new black plastic pieces onto the headbands, no sticking or unsticking required.

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #3,532 of 4,010
I just picked up a pair of these today. serial number is over 20000. guess they made 20000+ copies already.

so far I am having mixed feelings about the headphone.

1. right out of box tried to listen to some violin flac files and was so so. after 2 hours it seems a lot better
2. it's not loud I have to crank volume to max on my computer. also iphone I can go all the way and it's just a little too loud. but bearable.
3. my koss portapro (7 years old) seems to be more exciting when listening to for rock, pop, and rap.

so for instruments like violin and symphonies it's not bad. everything else I have on my hard drive it hurts my ear so far. the beating sound on all the rap song background has this very sharp pitch noise. I had to turn volume down. cranking volume high it will distort more.

maybe just me need to get used to the "neutral" you guys talked about.

comfort is fine. maybe because I worn a Kevlar helmet for a month in july for average 10 hours a day. had these headphones on for 3 hours now and definitely can go another 5 hours.

I am using asus rampage iv extreme built in sound which is ALC898. but buying the asus xonar stx from ebay, just talked to a seller for a good deal. let's just hope the sound card can make these sound better.

didn't feel like 200+ bucks worth of headphone. should bought the mad dog instead. definitely didn't give me the wow factor coming from the supposedly crappy phones like the portapro.

oh forgot to mention I also had a pair of legit monster turbine pro copper for I think at least 3 years now. used those average 3 hours a day. that one beats the portapro easily. so go figure what I feel right now.

Isolation is good though no complain. magic when you take it off you can hear it and when you put it on people can't hear it.

have some ear pain now gonna go to sleep and try to burn in more tomorrow. I am just after pure sound should went with full size instead. it's ok. if I want I can buy one of these everyday without any financial burden.

Aug 28, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #3,533 of 4,010
Quote:
I just picked up a pair of these today. serial number is over 20000. guess they made 20000+ copies already.

so far I am having mixed feelings about the headphone.

1. right out of box tried to listen to some violin flac files and was so so. after 2 hours it seems a lot better
2. it's not loud I have to crank volume to max on my computer. also iphone I can go all the way and it's just a little too loud. but bearable.
3. my koss portapro (7 years old) seems to be more exciting when listening to for rock, pop, and rap.

so for instruments like violin and symphonies it's not bad. everything else I have on my hard drive it hurts my ear so far. the beating sound on all the rap song background has this very sharp pitch noise. I had to turn volume down. cranking volume high it will distort more.

maybe just me need to get used to the "neutral" you guys talked about.

comfort is fine. maybe because I worn a Kevlar helmet for a month in july for average 10 hours a day. had these headphones on for 3 hours now and definitely can go another 5 hours.

I am using asus rampage iv extreme built in sound which is ALC898. but buying the asus xonar stx from ebay, just talked to a seller for a good deal. let's just hope the sound card can make these sound better.

didn't feel like 200+ bucks worth of headphone. should bought the mad dog instead. definitely didn't give me the wow factor coming from the supposedly crappy phones like the portapro.

oh forgot to mention I also had a pair of legit monster turbine pro copper for I think at least 3 years now. used those average 3 hours a day. that one beats the portapro easily. so go figure what I feel right now.

Isolation is good though no complain. magic when you take it off you can hear it and when you put it on people can't hear it.

have some ear pain now gonna go to sleep and try to burn in more tomorrow. I am just after pure sound should went with full size instead. it's ok. if I want I can buy one of these everyday without any financial burden.

Maybe they didn't start on new serial numbers with the Facelift version but just started where they left off with the original version.

I don't think "supposedly crappy" is an accurate description of the PortaPros. :wink: They're supposedly really good.

I found the DT1350 quite sensitive. They get slightly louder than both my DT235 and K422 do when connected directly to portable devices or laptops.

Give them some more time before you decide how you feel about them. They are different than most any headphone I've had, in their presentation and fit, and will probably take some time getting used to.

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #3,534 of 4,010
Quote:

Maybe they didn't start on new serial numbers with the Facelift version but just started where they left off with the original version.

I don't think "supposedly crappy" is an accurate description of the PortaPros. :wink: They're supposedly really good.

I found the DT1350 quite sensitive. They get slightly louder than both my DT235 and K422 do when connected directly to portable devices or laptops.

Give them some more time before you decide how you feel about them. They are different than most any headphone I've had, in their presentation and fit, and will probably take some time getting used to.

its sound will be stable after 1000 hours running,before that it sounds doesn't good enough

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #3,535 of 4,010
the fit is the biggest difference to me over all the other cans I have tried etc...this is just because they are so small and rest on your ear with a fair amonut of pressure....the nature of the beast.
A.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #3,536 of 4,010
It could also be the more defined sound from the DT1350 revealing flaws in your music, which in my little experience, is more evident in modern sort music esp rap.

The Portapro and Turbines are also both more bassy headphones, so I won't be surprised if you need more time to adjust to the clarity/treble/both advantage from the DT1350; heck you might just don't like the sound they produce!

So play with the fit (compare it to having the cups pressed to your ears), try some songs that you know are recorded well, give them a bit of time, and hopefully things work out for you!

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #3,537 of 4,010
I've struggled with these since getting them last summer but have finally found a good combo.

I won't bore you with the details on the number of combinations of amps and source gear.  While many sounded good, none sounded great and I thought these headphones had that potential.

The winning combo is a slightly odd one:  Clip+  ->  Silver Dragon interconnects ->  Digzoid2 ->  Fred's amp ->  1350

The amp was the last piece of the puzzle.  It is a CMOY type DIY amp I found recommended my Clieos in his sub$100 shootout.  I had tried other good and powerful portable amps, but without much real success.

This combo gives the power these phones need plus the bass boost.

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #3,539 of 4,010
ok so put in over 12 hours on them in 2 days. (listening to music in office).

much much better and i like it a lot more. yes you guys are right. the portapro and turbine pro copper has more bass, which makes it "fun". yes a little more detail feels like.

I only had these 3 pairs of headphones so I don't think I developed any like or dislike. I don't know anything about music. failed all those at school. just like to listen, can't read notes.

I will report back later after receiving my xonar STX.

still the sound is much higher coming from the turbine and portapro. probably the resistence. portapro is like 32, turbine copper is 16, this one is 80.

I take a break about once every 2 hours. ear does get a little sore. but I believe I will get used to it. we get used to everything after doing it repeatedly.

the 1350 definitely good at techno and instrumental stuff. female vocal is good too.

how come my computer front panel audio produce much higher volume then the one on the back? the FP is hooked up to the motherboard.

seriously the ALC898 is quite good on the rampage IV extreme. maybe those nice looking capacitors they used help the onboard audio too. hopefully the STX will make a difference.

the portapro and turbine pro copper does have hundreds of hours on them. definitely keepers. I remembered people said the pro copper is not good. but yesterday I checked seems to be all positive reviews. I personally very happy with it. it's comparable to the dt1350 if not better (for now).

mine is the facelift version. better be lol.

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #3,540 of 4,010
sound card will be here tomorrow, tried to deliver but nobody home.

meanwhile I definitely noticed the break-in on these headphones. now sounds like $200 headphone. listening to the monster turbine copper now feels like the bass is too boosted.

thinking about picking up the ath-ad900x. is it supposed to be way better than the dt1350? I been reading about this one for a week now too much urge to buy it off ebay. just for the soundstage. don't really know what it means and never heard an open headphone. anybody have both and compared them? need another pair for gaming and said the 700x and 900x are "THE" best headphone for gaming. end of story. everytime I read stuff like that I have to buy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back