New Beyer DT1350
Aug 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #3,515 of 4,010
Aug 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #3,517 of 4,010
Quote:
Yes, in fact they are garbage. Mine can't hold the metal from touching my head after a year of hard use and are totally indented on the tops. That is exactly what I call useless, hence, the term crappy.

You may want to add YMMV to the end of that statement.

Over a year on mine with every day use, and the earpads are perfectly fine.  Good comfort, good seal, and no issues with metal touching my head.

*shrug*

Aug 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #3,518 of 4,010
And if you're using them so much and so heavily that the pads only last a year then its worth the effort and cost to replace them regularly...

Aug 26, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #3,519 of 4,010
Quote:

Thanks!  Have people here used the velour pads on the 1350s?  What effect do the velour pads have on the sound of the 1350s?

Aug 26, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #3,522 of 4,010
Sorry, no link. But I was told over the phone by the product manager at Beyer that ear pads AND headband pads are available. I don't need them presently so I didn't ask him about where exactly to get them, but I just wanted to be sure they'll be available for future needs. And I was talking to him about the Facelift version of the DT1350 at the time.

Aug 27, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #3,524 of 4,010
Quote:
Sorry, no link. But I was told over the phone by the product manager at Beyer that ear pads AND headband pads are available. I don't need them presently so I didn't ask him about where exactly to get them, but I just wanted to be sure they'll be available for future needs. And I was talking to him about the Facelift version of the DT1350 at the time.

The headband pads look like they are glued onto the metal bands.  Applying the adhesive and attaching the thin strips of leather pads on those split-headbands is going to be difficult.

Aug 27, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #3,525 of 4,010
Quote:
The headband pads look like they are glued onto the metal bands.  Applying the adhesive and attaching the thin strips of leather pads on those split-headbands is going to be difficult.

Actually, the pads are attached to the black plastic wrapped around the metal bands. Replacing the headband padding will probably mean replacing the plastic parts with the attached pads and looking at it I don't think it would be very difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back