New Beyer DT1350
Sep 25, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #2,626 of 4,010
Just in 2 weeks and the extender to the left ear cup is broken. It cannot be adjusted up anymore. It can move downwards though. Sad, looks like I am going to change these. Anyone else had this issue? Seems like durability is terrible, or just my unit having a bad QC on the hardware components. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #2,627 of 4,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakfingers12 

Just in 2 weeks and the extender to the left ear cup is broken. It cannot be adjusted up anymore. It can move downwards though. Sad, looks like I am going to change these. Anyone else had this issue? Seems like durability is terrible, or just my unit having a bad QC on the hardware components. 

No issues on mine.  Where did you buy them?  I'd just swap them out...

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #2,628 of 4,010
Quote:

I had quiet a few DT-1350 come through here and never saw that happen. The only thing I have seen was the head-cushions fall off after a while. Now I just use them without the cushions.  

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #2,629 of 4,010
Bought them from Jaben. I am going to return them back. Maybe I am unlucky, but the left cup was always more difficult to adjust. I care my headphones like babies and when I am not using them, they go back to their cases. Don't know why this one broke so quick.

Sep 25, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #2,630 of 4,010
Quote:
Bought them from Jaben. I am going to return them back. Maybe I am unlucky, but the left cup was always more difficult to adjust. I care my headphones like babies and when I am not using them, they go back to their cases. Don't know why this one broke so quick.

I am sure they will change the unit to a brand new one or have it repaired. Beyerdynamic has excellent guarantee on their products. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,631 of 4,010
I've had bought four pairs just trying to test the QC issue myself. Never had that problem. I had the headband cushion problem for my first pair but just need to glue it back. No good issue, thats weird how you are having that problem.

Sep 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #2,632 of 4,010
It is interesting that Purrin has also tested variances in response across differeent pairs of dt1350's. My pair is fantastic and no issues with build quality. Perhaps they are getting past quality comtrol issues but things can still go wrong on occasion.

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #2,633 of 4,010
I just got a pair and I've gotta say, I love them.

I read some claims that this model lacked mid-bass punch.  Well, not mine.   The boom boom is there and the sub-bass is just incredible. 

This headphone reminds me of the GR07, which I love.   I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

I prefer the DT1350 to my HD25.  The HD25s do isolate better, so I don't think I'll be getting rid of the Sennheisers.  I don't have any fit issues with the DT1350...no matter how I put them on and how much I shift them once they are sitting on my head, I always get a good seal and excellent bass.  

This was love at first sight - as soon as I heard them I knew I would keep them.   A couple of weeks ago I bought some M80s and I hated them from the moment I put them on (the sound, that is).  I returned them a couple of days later.  

Sep 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #2,634 of 4,010
I had mine on as I climbed to 10,000 feet over San Diego a couple of hours ago! Awesome cans.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #2,635 of 4,010
Quote:
I had mine on as I climbed to 10,000 feet over San Diego a couple of hours ago! Awesome cans.

I forgot to put mine in my laptop case when I left for work today....I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much less enjoyable my work day was lol. I felt lost without them during my breaks!

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #2,636 of 4,010
Quote:

I forgot to put mine in my laptop case when I left for work today....I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much less enjoyable my work day was lol. I felt lost without them during my breaks!

I had the same issue today except I remembered the headphones, but forgot my Audinst HUD-mx1.  Listening through my phone just wasn't the same...

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #2,637 of 4,010
Quote:

I can relate to that...they are always with me. Even if I know I will have a busy day and not get to use them at all I would feel lost without them nearby - just in case. 

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #2,638 of 4,010
Quote:
I've had bought four pairs just trying to test the QC issue myself. Never had that problem. I had the headband cushion problem for my first pair but just need to glue it back. No good issue, thats weird how you are having that problem.

Quote:
I am sure they will change the unit to a brand new one or have it repaired. Beyerdynamic has excellent guarantee on their products. 

There's a metal cap within the extender to the cups and that cap became loose. I don't know why but I may be the first to encounter this. Hope they let me change a new pair that doesn't have channel imbalance. :p 

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #2,640 of 4,010
I still stand firm that these are awesome upgrades of the GR07 sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back