New Beyer DT1350
Aug 24, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #2,416 of 4,010
roma, I've noticed your DTs are no longer for sale
dt880smile.png

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #2,417 of 4,010
Quote:
HI
So i think you only disagreed on 50%. My x10s are way brighter. Given the comments on variability im wondering if my pair are somewhat below the mark for uppers. Whats the general concensus on the dt12350 for the upper range? Having said i have seen a chart showing some roll off in the highs which tallys with what im hearing.

X10s are less extended, but don't have as much 3-4kHz dip, therefore sounds brighter.

Someone else asked about how extended these are, I heard up to 18.5 kHz with these when amped. The roll is pretty sharp, starts around 16 kHz.

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #2,418 of 4,010
Haha yeah you got me Rob. Gotta hold on to them for much longer - like you said, the detail on these is very addicting. I hope to pick up a second-hand HD25 soon or an Amperior if I am lucky, to compare. BTW slightly OT but do you find the treble on the Amperior slightly edgy at all?

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #2,419 of 4,010
Quote:
Haha yeah you got me Rob. Gotta hold on to them for much longer - like you said, the detail on these is very addicting. I hope to pick up a second-hand HD25 soon or an Amperior if I am lucky, to compare. BTW slightly OT but do you find the treble on the Amperior slightly edgy at all?

Ha! I noticed that too. Roma, I hope that you realize that a lot of weight goes into what is, and what is not, in your "for sale" section! What I'm really saying is that I appreciate your opinions, and I'm kind of glad that you are trying out the Dt1350's longer. If you were able to do that comparision, that would be awesome.

Cheers!

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #2,420 of 4,010
Roma, I'm glad you're keeping them. I miss mine already. I don't hear any brightness at all in the Amperior...or nothing that would be offensive anyway. There is slight sibilance there but not the kind that annoys or becomes problematic. The highs are what really made me choose them over the DT1350s. They have sparkle. If the highs were not present like they are, I would have no use for them, because there's nothing worse to me than bumped up bass and no highs (Vmoda M80/Senn HD650).

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #2,421 of 4,010
lol No headphone has to have flabby bass in order to have good decay! :p I know what you mean about getting used to the DTs though. I'm enjoying them a lot for their unprecedented separation and detail while I enjoy some others when I want a more natural overall decay and timbre. I just thank goodness the DTs have some impact down low.

I see the DT1350 are no longer list for sale. :wink: I always wanted to try the ES10 thinking they would have great bass but the reviews are all over the place so never took the $350-$450 chances. :D

I might have to try the M80 after all. you seem to like them and you seem to by very picky ( in a god way :wink:) with the lw frequency and tonal timbre.

I'm waiting for more review on the M100 but again I would not used them at work.

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #2,422 of 4,010
lol No headphone has to have flabby bass in order to have good decay! :p I know what you mean about getting used to the DTs though. I'm enjoying them a lot for their unprecedented separation and detail while I enjoy some others when I want a more natural overall decay and timbre. I just thank goodness the DTs have some impact down low.

I see the DT1350 are no longer list for sale. :wink: I always wanted to try the ES10 thinking they would have great bass but the reviews are all over the place so never took the $350-$450 chances. :D

I might have to try the M80 after all. you seem to like them and you seem to by very picky ( in a god way :wink:) with the low frequency and tonal timbre.

I'm waiting for more review on the M100 but again I would not used them at work.

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #2,423 of 4,010
The M100 has reviews already
confused_face_2.gif
- I haven't been following that thread.

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #2,425 of 4,010
Aug 24, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #2,427 of 4,010
I might have to try the M80 after all. you seem to like them and you seem to by very picky ( in a god way :wink:) with the low frequency and tonal timbre.

The beauty of the M-80 is that even though they have polite non-fatiguing highs, they still extend nicely and the headphone responds well to EQ if you want some more sparkle (though I never bother with EQ usually). While the ES10 is another amazing can for different reasons, I enjoy the M-80's more laidback and spacious sound sig. That said, I am looking forward to what the M-100 has to offer.

And yes I'm so picky sometimes that I annoy myself haha. Wish I was one of those people who could just stick with one headphone (maybe in the future it'll be a reality) but alas, being on the hunt for exactly the right hp can be fun and addicting.

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #2,428 of 4,010
Wayne thank you for the nice sentiments!!! :) I'll be happy to keep the DT1350 for a bit longer. They are very special at what they do.

And Rob thanks for your impressions. I'm a big fan of balance and accurate tonality throughout and yeah I never bothered with the HD650 for that reason. Even the HD600s were too subdued for me.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #2,429 of 4,010
Is the DT1350 suitable to for commuters that just listen to music on the go? Currently deciding between that and IE80s, though IE80s is my current preferred choice considering I don't have an amp.

Is the sound very analytical? 

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM Post #2,430 of 4,010
Hey, just read reviews from dalethorn, but apparently he gave away his 1350's after the review because it sounded hollow.
Would anyone here classify it as hollow as compared to other headphones? 

Saw the comments from headphonia and I quote:
http://www.headfonia.com/beyerdynamic-dt1350-death-to-the-hd25-1/

dalethorn
  1. [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.496094)]
I thought the DT1350 had more potential than the M80 because of superior drivers and the detail you could hear. But in actual use it was easier to EQ the treble up some on the M80 and I never did get a satisfactory EQ setting to compensate the hollow sound of the DT1350, so I gave away my second 1350 last week.

[/color]

Maybe Roma could "chip in" since she has M80's too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back