New Beyer DT1350
Jul 5, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #661 of 4,010
Jul 6, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #662 of 4,010

Quote:
just give it some time. you dont want to be..?

You are right, lets not rush it :), but if it is that bad we will be...

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #664 of 4,010

Congrats, where did you get them from in the end? 

Quote:
I have them on my head right now. I did not expect them to sound so warm. Very good :)

Jul 11, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #666 of 4,010

Quote:
Congrats, where did you get them from in the end? 

FROM BJARNE :)

Quote:
From me! Hehe! 
beyersmile.png
 I wasn't quite into their fit though I really loved their sound! Have fun RAFA!!!

Thank you very much Bjarne, I will! It is like they are custom made for my head, I do not even have to split the frame.

Not to make too fast conclusions on this headphone, but it could be described as a TMA-1 with an extra driver for highs and mids. It has stronger bass than the TMA-1 and comparable mids to the ESW9. To me the highs are better than the highs form the Pro-900, even though the Pro-900 extends higher... but this is all just jibberish, since it is just my first impression without direct comparison.

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #667 of 4,010

Quote:
 FROM BJARNE :)

Thank you very much Bjarne, I will! It is like they are custom made for my head, I do not even have to split the frame.

Not to make too fast conclusions on this headphone, but it could be described as a TMA-1 with an extra driver for highs and mids. It has stronger bass than the TMA-1 and comparable mids to the ESW9. To me the highs are better than the highs form the Pro-900, even though the Pro-900 extends higher... but this is all just jibberish, since it is just my first impression without direct comparison.

Nice one!  Patiently waiting for the postman to bring me a pair!

Has anyone tried to remove the 'replaceable' cable yet?  As Jude said in the vid, that jack looks quite chunky although not a deal breaker for me!

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #668 of 4,010
I've been using my DT1350 at work with a Dacport for the pass month and like them very much. Tonight I rediscover the DT1350. I knew that the Dacport was not the best for Bass impact. It provide very good detail and the presentation is very good but Tonight I dare to connect the DT1350 to my home rig (laptop->HDP/Sigma11->MAD EAR+ HD Purist -> DT1350) and WOW! The soundstage was out of this world, the bass was well layered with authority and detail, mid were magicals and the high with more AIR. The album Building An Empire from Demians sounded excellent.

I'm impressed. If the T70 are event better my D5000 are gone for sure.

People say that the HD650 scale very well. Tonight the DT1350 just blew me away.

Do yourself a favor and try your little Beyer on your top gear and "apprécier"
:wink:

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #669 of 4,010

Quote:
Nice one!  Patiently waiting for the postman to bring me a pair!

Has anyone tried to remove the 'replaceable' cable yet?  As Jude said in the vid, that jack looks quite chunky although not a deal breaker for me!

Not 100%, but I think soldering skills are needed to replace the cable. You cannot just plug it out, like the cable from the TMA-1. Yeah the jack is chunky... Have fun with your new DT1350:)

Jul 13, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #671 of 4,010
Seems like time for my first post on head-fi!

I've been lurking for a while now on these forums without posting but after a lot of looking around for a good portable headphone (and especially after seeing the Head-fi TV episode4) I thought I'd try the sennheiser as my current headphones for many years had been the HD555, which leads to this first post.

After getting the HD-25-1 II and burning them in for a good 30 or so hours, I did enjoy the sound but only for certain songs, others it seemed sounded harsher and with a lot of extra treble.. And the main reason really was that whilst I have large ears, the pads felt very uncomfortable after a short listen. So I thought what the heck, let's try the DT1350's and see which was the most preferred (thanks to return policies!).

I have to say, whilst people group these two together, I definitely feel the difference in price between the two is well worth the extra. The smaller pads of the DT1350 actually fit my ear far better than the HD-25's and I've happily listened to them for 2 hours+ in work and on public transport without issue.

Definitely true that takes a little fiddling to find the perfect place for them to sit on your head - to begin with, i thought the talk of the DT's having plenty of bass was wrong but as soon as you find the spot on your ears for them, everything changes and these become the best headphones I've listened to ever, even better than my HD555's in my opinion.

Sound quality, build quality, and the portable case all make this the perfect headphone for me. Very chuffed.

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #672 of 4,010

Quote:

I have to say, whilst people group these two together, I definitely feel the difference in price between the two is well worth the extra. The smaller pads of the DT1350 actually fit my ear far better than the HD-25's and I've happily listened to them for 2 hours+ in work and on public transport without issue.

Definitely true that takes a little fiddling to find the perfect place for them to sit on your head - to begin with, i thought the talk of the DT's having plenty of bass was wrong but as soon as you find the spot on your ears for them, everything changes and these become the best headphones I've listened to ever, even better than my HD555's in my opinion.

Sound quality, build quality, and the portable case all make this the perfect headphone for me. Very chuffed.

Welcome to the surface of Head-fi 
normal_smile .gif

I have never heard the HD-25 but I am also very happy with the DT-1350. I also agree that they are much better than HD555 and I also prefer the DT-1350 to my HD595 by far. They have more definition, speed and higher resolution than the HD595. I never miss any bass either - but I am not a bass head at all. 

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #673 of 4,010

Quote:

I've been lurking for a while now on these forums without posting but after a lot of looking around for a good portable headphone (and especially after seeing the Head-fi TV episode4) I thought I'd try the sennheiser as my current headphones for many years had been the HD555, which leads to this first post.

After getting the HD-25-1 II and burning them in for a good 30 or so hours, I did enjoy the sound but only for certain songs, others it seemed sounded harsher and with a lot of extra treble.. And the main reason really was that whilst I have large ears, the pads felt very uncomfortable after a short listen. So I thought what the heck, let's try the DT1350's and see which was the most preferred (thanks to return policies!).

Hi Kaiell - welcome to headfi!

I've just received my 1350's today and had them on for 30 mins or so, and although its early days, I totally agree with what you've said re HD25's.  I thought these would be a bit of a side-grade rather than an upgrade, but they aren't IMO
smile.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #674 of 4,010
**** this talk of the DT1350 being an outright upgrade to the HD25-1 II. I like my Senn, but the two things that get to me are the comfort and lack of separation (I love separation!). Things keeping me from looking at the Beyer are the price and the fact that the I really only use the Senn's for the office and a couple other uses, but I've been working from home more lately where I can use my normal rig so not sure it's worth it.

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #675 of 4,010
I agree on the DT1350 beeing an upgrade to the HD25-1 II. I know that Jude review says that he still like the Senn for Rock for for me the Beyer are doing a pretty good job on delivering Rock music. And with a good amplifier the Bass hit's as hard as the HD-25-1 II but with better detail all across the F- Band. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back