New Beyer DT1350
Jun 20, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #556 of 4,010
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

Nice work Tyll. Thanks for review.
How long in your opinion should play those beyers to get full sound of it?
Also, youtube movie doesnt work

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #557 of 4,010

Quote:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/awesome-beyerdynamic-dt-1350

Nice work Tyll. Thanks for review.
How long in your opinion should play those beyers to get full sound of it?
Also, youtube movie doesnt work

Thanks.

See break in reviews.  They sounded pretty damned good right out of the box.

Yeah ... sorry .... fxtit.

Jun 20, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #558 of 4,010
I feel so honored to have 2 quotes of mine featured in your article :) anyways I really liked your review. This headphone was a risk for me since I was a very early adapter but it really paid off. One of the biggest cons of this headphone for me was comfort issues because on my right ear I can never get the same comfort as my left ears from these :...( Since these headphones have headbands that don't mind stretching can't beyer sell an addon that would let the headphones rest tightly on it and it goes around your ear, get it (for home use only though :wink:?

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #559 of 4,010

Quote:
Thanks.

See break in reviews.  They sounded pretty damned good right out of the box.

Yeah ... sorry .... fxtit.

I was listening DT1350 with bunch of amplifiers (including Meier Concerto) and sources  (including Meier Stagedac) and i have to say that ... DT1350 do not have proper bas response.

Ther is no proper bass below 100 Hz, ther is almost no bass at all!

Midrange is in front and ther is a lot of "harsh peaks" in high frequency.

Mayby something will change in the future (after hundret of hours brake in) but new DT1350 are not as good as AIAIAI TMA-1, DT150, D7000 and many many more.

AKG 701 and AKG 601 have more bass than DT1350 !!

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #560 of 4,010

Quote:
I was listening DT1350 with bunch of amplifiers (including Meier Concerto) and sources  (including Meier Stagedac) and i have to say that ... DT1350 do not have proper bas response.

Midrange is in front and ther is a lot of "harsh peaks" in high frequency.

Mayby something will change in the future (after hundret of hours brake in) but new DT1350 are not as good as AIAIAI TMA-1, DT150, D7000 and many many more.

AKG 701 and AKG 601 have more bass than DT1350 !!

This is probably the strangest opinion about these in this thread.

When I got mine bass was almost overpowering.  Very strong.

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #561 of 4,010

Quote:

No. The bass is there. No guessing here, it's in the measurements. The measurements don't tell the whole story, but they do tell part of the story.

You've got to get the seal right, though.  Play around with it a bit, you'll see.

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #562 of 4,010
looking at measurement its all truth, but I was also at that meeting and Im the owner of DT1350. Bass is controlled and defined fantastic but I have to agree there are problems like Asmagus said. They played already maybe 20 hours? thats why im asking about burn in time.
Yesterday I was also at meeting and DT880 pro had stronger bass. And Grado RS1 also. Even if I hear its excellent quality I have to share opinion theres no such impact unless you are listening to very high volume.

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #563 of 4,010

Quote:
No. The bass is there. No guessing here, it's in the measurements. The measurements don't tell the whole story, but they do tell part of the story.

You've got to get the seal right, though.  Play around with it a bit, you'll see.

I watched video "Head-Fi TV, Episode 004: Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350" - Jude recalled that proper seal/positioning is key to succes here - and that is why I was trying to do it best I can. Multiple positions on my head/ears - ther was no improve in bass quantity or bass quality.

This is not only my opinion.

Conclusions?

Zibra's (thanks for making listening possible!) DT1350 are damage?
We all are deaf? (I hope not!)
You all are deaf? (I hope not!)
DT1350 in europe are different than DT1350 in US?
DT 1350 need long brake in period and bass will be present?

I do not know the answers - I jus know that Zibra's DT1350 have almost no bass at all (like i said before - AKG 701 have much more bass).

Jun 21, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #564 of 4,010
^^^

IMHO, DT1350 bass is tight, controlled, accurate, present, but not booming, nor is it close to overpowering, as compared to my D7000's, which favor the bass end pretty heavily.  The DT1350 bass is pretty close to my iem's - the 1964 Ears quads, which favor a tight, present bass.  I think a lot of the discussion of the bass on the DT1350 hinges on what one has experienced.  If you have experienced a fair number of well regarded mid to high end cans, the DT1350's have excellent bass.  If you come from the D7000 type camp, and need that level of bass, the DT1350's just aren't going to provide it to the same degree.  This is just the nature of the beast to me.  The DT1350 is a really astounding small portable headphone, which is exactly what I was looking for, so I am stoked with them.

*** Edit *** Asmagus - I just looked at your rig in your signature - No Wonder!  The DT1350's are just not gonna do D7000 bass.  The D7000 may be the finest closed headphone around - that the DT1350's please me as much as they do coming from the D7000 is pretty heady praise to me, but I can sure understand where you might find them lacking, given your D7000's.

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #565 of 4,010
maybe would be easier if you compared bass of DT1350 to even more popular cans from mid fi? generally dt1350 bass = ? in terms of quantity?
Ill test it very long for incoming weekend

Jun 21, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #566 of 4,010
I would suggest trying another DT1350, just to rule out a defective set. Mine have powerful, controlled and low reaching bass. I know what I am talking about, having owned a D7000 and a DX1000 before. Also, there is no way the K701 (which I also owned) develops more bass than the DT1350. I bought my set in Germany, so I would also rule out different US and european versions. As to break in time, mine where up to top performance from the first minute on.

My best guess would be you do not achieve a sufficient seal. Try spreading the headband to increase pressure, and try to check the seal by humming. The more resonant the hum, the better the seal.

Originally Posted by asmagus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jun 21, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #567 of 4,010

Hi asmagus,
the first thing I was missing on the DT-1350 was the bass. I even called Beyerdynamic to ask for support on finding it. They said that this phone is very balanced and it is not meant to have a boomy bass that many Hifi headphones have. Then I found that the cans need to be placed in a way that they seal the ears as much as possible to get all bass they are capable of. After aome time I found my best position. If you can improve the seal and the bass performance by pessing the earpeaces with your hands firmly onto your earlobes, then you have ton found the best position for your own head. Means you need to keep on trying to find it. After I found this sweet spot I achieved the best bass I ever heared on a headphone or a decent speaker system. The bass is very deep, very dry and exact and ther is no prominent frequency point to be heard. This bass is so well controlled, that I cannot go back to the Ultrasone HFI 2400. That one has a very loud and what I hear now is just noisy and uncontrolled. There is no way back. I own the MP3 version of the binaural Chesky album "Explorations in Space and Time". You might want to check on those tracks like "WAR" to find the DT-1350's bass qualities. I am very pleased with their performance.

Quote:
I watched video "Head-Fi TV, Episode 004: Sennheiser HD 25-1 ii and beyerdynamic DT 1350" - Jude recalled that proper seal/positioning is key to succes here - and that is why I was trying to do it best I can. Multiple positions on my head/ears - ther was no improve in bass quantity or bass quality.

This is not only my opinion.

Conclusions?

I do not know the answers - I jus know that Zibra's DT1350 have almost no bass at all (like i said before - AKG 701 have much more bass).

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #568 of 4,010
Jun 21, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #569 of 4,010
So, I got these. but will have them until 2 weeks or else 1 month lol.. they are gonna be put side to side with my beloved HD25 and I'm not gonna have any mercy.

Also, i know from a good source that you-know-who is gonna add this to his massive comparison review .... I'm very  excited to see how they rank.

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #570 of 4,010

Quote:

This is probably the strangest opinion about these in this thread.

When I got mine bass was almost overpowering.  Very strong.

This is by far an even stranger opinion. The DT1350's bass is hardly overpowering. I'm an extreme basshead though so my idea of "overpowering bass" is very extreme. But regardless the Dt1350 are definitely lighter on the bass side. If you are coming from something like the Shure e2c then the DT1350 might have "overpowering" bass, but really it was hardly that bassy.

And yes, I would agree that the K701 does have more bass than the DT1350.  Neither the DT1350 or the t50p have much bass, though the 1350 does appear to have more bass than the t50p by a small smidgen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back