New Beyer DT1350
Jun 13, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #526 of 4,010
@EddieE that is how I looked 30 years ago........ I would suggest wait for the T70p then, else you would be dealing more with your hair and the perfect fit than with the music...... I purchased the famous Yamaha Orthodynamics back in 1979 and got, even though they sounded fantastic, never friends with them because of the clamping force. I sold them nearly unused then....

Jun 13, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #527 of 4,010
Quote:
My hair is in a pony tail 90% of the time, only really coming down at home when the DT1350 wouldn't be a factor anyway or out on the town when, again, it'd be less likely to be a factor. It is very curly though so doesn't necessarily stay against the contour of my head even when tied back.

It might be better if it's that curly.  Seems more likely to stick to itself.  Mine's just unruly...

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #529 of 4,010
Missed this one earlier...

Quote:
@EddieE that is how I looked 30 years ago........ I would suggest wait for the T70p then, else you would be dealing more with your hair and the perfect fit than with the music...... I purchased the famous Yamaha Orthodynamics back in 1979 and got, even though they sounded fantastic, never friends with them because of the clamping force. I sold them nearly unused then....

Is there any info out on the T70P yet?  I'd assume that Beyer would tune it like the rest of their lineup, which I don't like much.  The DT1350 is quite a departure from the typical Beyer house sound.  Any ideas if this a new direction or if its just a one-off fluke?

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #530 of 4,010
Quote:
I purchased the famous Yamaha Orthodynamics back in 1979 and got, even though they sounded fantastic, never friends with them because of the clamping force. I sold them nearly unused then....

You should have saved them for me.  What
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #531 of 4,010
Received them a few days ago, now burning them in.

I was already impressed by the T50p even though as Mike said on Headfonia they were flawed in some aspects. Well the DT 1350 is to me an improvement.

The bass isn't as boomy as with the T50p and there isn't such a huge dip in the upper mids (around 4000 hz). It has kept the T50p strengths (best trebles in a portable headphones, insane details and instrument separation at its price point). I still feel the bass would benefit from a little more damping, but let's see how they'll evolve with additionnal burn in.

As with the T50p I had to bend the headband in to make the sound more substantial and improve bass impact, but it already came with a decent clamping force out of the box (while the T50p was completely unusable the way they arrived).

The T50p already were my favourite portable headphones among the ones I tried (HD-25, ES10, ESW10, ESW9, P5, etc.), but they were definitely flawed. These on the other hand are a marked improvement over the T50p to the point that I'd even say they're a notch above the other portables above.

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #535 of 4,010
Jun 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #536 of 4,010
Jun 15, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #537 of 4,010
i have very short hair and still lost a lot of my hair with these :frowning2: but if you dont move the headphones when its on your head everything will be fine :wink: but if you try to make the headphones longer on your head your hair will get stuck in the round thing.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #538 of 4,010
Jun 16, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #539 of 4,010
Anyone know if DT1350's drivers can fit in a T50p?

Jun 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #540 of 4,010
No idea Mad Max.

I concur with the idea that they can output some impressive bass. Even though clamping wasn't enough out of the box for me to bring it out, now that I've bended the headband, it's quite something. As the T50p, they display an amazing quantity of details, far above their price range. They've got quite a see-through ability that few portable headphones can match IMHO. Also, they seem to be quite resilient to distortion. I've pushed them rather loud and they showed no sign of fatigue.

I still find the lower registers a little bommy for my tastes, but I suppose less damping is the price to pay for decent imaging out of a portable can. And it's improving with burn-in. Also, they feel quite light-footed overall, in pretty much the same way electrostatic headphones, even matching the frequency curve of dynamics, can feel. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back