New Beyer DT1350
Apr 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #181 of 4,010

Quote:

True, but it is a part of the equation nevertheless.  The higher the impedance, the less power they get from the player.
109 SPL is very good sensitivity.

And also the lower the impedance the less power they get, depends on the amplifier. But for DAPs you're right, most will be optimised for lower impedance (16-50 Ohm) phones. Most DAPs have no problem with 100Ohm ER4S though. I just wanted to make the point that just looking at the impedance is not enough. 

May 1, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #183 of 4,010

Quote:
OK so the 1350 should do an alright job unamped but if I want them to truely shine an amp would really help then?

Truely shine will be when you connect them to your amp at home. (I write this because I have tried the HD-25 yesterday with the Concerto). On the go it really depends on your source of course. Despite the fact that almost all DAPs are providing the power it will sound different..and when using a portable amp then go with the line out..

May 1, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #184 of 4,010
Hmmmm thanks for the tip. I'm guessing once I get these little cans I might wind up experimenting with them. I'm thinking I'm not going to do anything until I've given them some listening and burn in time. Considering how I find the sound signature I may try pairing them with a slightly warmer or slightly more brighter sounding amp. Right now I'm not sure, I've noticed some users on here consider them bass shy while others think they're bassy. Lol guess I'll make my own decision when I get them. I'm not a bass head so as long as there's a clear balanced bass that doesn't leech into the mids or highs I should be happy with them. I'm rather excited about this buy and I'm hoping they get here faster. I'm going to have to learn to be patient for the next 6 to 8 weeks.

May 1, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #185 of 4,010

Quote:
Hmmmm thanks for the tip. I'm guessing once I get these little cans I might wind up experimenting with them. I'm thinking I'm not going to do anything until I've given them some listening and burn in time. Considering how I find the sound signature I may try pairing them with a slightly warmer or slightly more brighter sounding amp. Right now I'm not sure, I've noticed some users on here consider them bass shy while others think they're bassy. Lol guess I'll make my own decision when I get them. I'm not a bass head so as long as there's a clear balanced bass that doesn't leech into the mids or highs I should be happy with them. I'm rather excited about this buy and I'm hoping they get here faster. I'm going to have to learn to be patient for the next 6 to 8 weeks.

Exactly!!!

May 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #186 of 4,010
My 1350s were waiting at more door when I got home Thursday night.  Right out of the box, I thought they sounded pretty harsh and overly bright.  So, they've been burning-in since then.  Now they've got about 60 hours on them and there is a remarkable improvement.  Right now I'm listening to them through my iBasso D4 DAC/amp, playing Apple lossless from my laptop.  I have to say that the D4 - 1350 combo is phenomenal (low gain setting on the D4).  While not ground shaking, the bass is definitely present  and sounds just right to me - tight, well defined and no intrusion into the mids.  I actually prefer it to the bass on my old Pro 900s - which I found at times to be a bit overwhelming and intrusive. The mids are outstanding - to my ears they are more forward than either the Pro 900s or my ESW9s.  Very neutral and detailed.  I thought I might prefer the warmer, more tubey sound of the ESW9s, but I was wrong - I really prefer the more neutral and accurate mids of the 1350s.  Very natural and not analytical at all.  I've got to gush about the treble, also - great extension and detail, but not sibilant or fatiguing.  Imaging is also very good - instruments are well separated and accurately placed.  This is another area where the 1350s just blow away the ESW9s, which I thought sounded a bit closed and at times congested.  I find the 1350s very comfortable - maybe a smidge behind the ESW9s, but really nothing to complain about.  One of the reasons I decided to order the 1350s was my dissatisfaction with the isolation of the ESW9s and the 1350s do isolate much better than the ESW9s - though the true test will be on my commute to work tomorrow morning.  Overall, I'm very happy with the1350s, to my ears they truly are a reference portable.

May 1, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #187 of 4,010
My 1350s were waiting at more door when I got home Thursday night.  Right out of the box, I thought they sounded pretty harsh and overly bright.  So, they've been burning-in since then.  Now they've got about 60 hours on them and there is a remarkable improvement.  Right now I'm listening to them through my iBasso D4 DAC/amp, playing Apple lossless from my laptop.  I have to say that the D4 - 1350 combo is phenomenal (low gain setting on the D4).  While not ground shaking, the bass is definitely present  and sounds just right to me - tight, well defined and no intrusion into the mids.  I actually prefer it to the bass on my old Pro 900s - which I found at times to be a bit overwhelming and intrusive. The mids are outstanding - to my ears they are more forward than either the Pro 900s or my ESW9s.  Very neutral and detailed.  I thought I might prefer the warmer, more tubey sound of the ESW9s, but I was wrong - I really prefer the more neutral and accurate mids of the 1350s.  Very natural and not analytical at all.  I've got to gush about the treble, also - great extension and detail, but not sibilant or fatiguing.  Imaging is also very good - instruments are well separated and accurately placed.  This is another area where the 1350s just blow away the ESW9s, which I thought sounded a bit closed and at times congested.  I find the 1350s very comfortable - maybe a smidge behind the ESW9s, but really nothing to complain about.  One of the reasons I decided to order the 1350s was my dissatisfaction with the isolation of the ESW9s and the 1350s do isolate much better than the ESW9s - though the true test will be on my commute to work tomorrow morning.  Overall, I'm very happy with the1350s, to my ears they truly are a reference portable.

Awesome review. :)

May 1, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #188 of 4,010
I have read that they are comfy, but what about clamping? I had the AKG K81 DJ and the Sennheiser HD 280 and could not stand them at all because of the clamping force... I am afraid it would be the same with the 1350...?

May 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #189 of 4,010

Quote:
I have read that they are comfy, but what about clamping? I had the AKG K81 DJ and the Sennheiser HD 280 and could not stand them at all because of the clamping force... I am afraid it would be the same with the 1350...?

Yes they are very tight on the ears. I wear glasses and it's a pain in the ass after about 30mins. W/out my glasses I could wear them for about an hour before my ears needed air again.

edit: okay I think the post below me was right. They just needed to settle. These will not dissapoint at all!!! They are worth every penny they are sold for. I feel that these offer the best price/performance ratio for portable agree?

May 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #190 of 4,010

Quote:
I have read that they are comfy, but what about clamping?

The cushions need to settle and adjust. This results in more comfort and better seal. My longest session to date was about two hours, followed by a brief interruption by my wife and one more hour thereafter. This is the same duration I usually wear my other phones. But then as always your milage will vary. 

May 1, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #191 of 4,010
Thanks guys, then I will have to look elsewhere :frowning2:

Enjoy your 1350th! :)

May 1, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #192 of 4,010

Quote:

I have both the Pro 900 and the ESW9. Would you prefer the ESW9 over the Pro 900. Another Question: How bright do you find the Pro 900. The reason why I am asking, is because I do not like the Pro 900 sound so much and do not want to buy another Pro 900 (DT1350). Do the DT1350 sound brighter than the pro 900?

May 1, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #193 of 4,010
RAFA-
I have both the Pro 900 and the DT 1350, and I can assure you that the DT 1350 is much, much more mellow than the Pro 900. I'm personally *okay* with the highs on the Pros, but after listening with the 1350's they do seem rather edgy and borderline harsh. The treble presentations are quite different for sure. If you like a detailed yet mellow treble sound, you'll love that aspect of the Beyers. There's nothing to worry about really.....

May 1, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #194 of 4,010
I have both the Pro 900 and the ESW9. Would you prefer the ESW9 over the Pro 900. Another Question: How bright do you find the Pro 900. The reason why I am asking, is because I do not like the Pro 900 sound so much and do not want to buy another Pro 900 (DT1350). Do the DT1350 sound brighter than the pro 900?

Your Name is RAFA but what is wrong with MELZER? He's pretty good too! :)

May 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #195 of 4,010

Quote:
RAFA-
I have both the Pro 900 and the DT 1350, and I can assure you that the DT 1350 is much, much more mellow than the Pro 900. I'm personally *okay* with the highs on the Pros, but after listening with the 1350's they do seem rather edgy and borderline harsh. The treble presentations are quite different for sure. If you like a detailed yet mellow treble sound, you'll love that aspect of the Beyers. There's nothing to worry about really.....

That answers my question pretty good. I will try them, but I have to save money before I do...

Quote:
Quote:

Your Name is RAFA but what is wrong with MELZER? He's pretty good too!
smily_headphones1.gif

:) haha, I think I get it, yeah Melzer is pretty good right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back