New Beyer DT1350
Jun 19, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #3,781 of 4,010
You are all over the place, aren't you?  :D

Make up your mind.

Make up my mind? Are you kidding? I'm an addict. I even want to get the t51p's again lol!

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #3,782 of 4,010
Just received my dt1350s from Amazon.com. got a great seal strait away and the base was the first thing to hit me. Deep and powerful and much more immersive than my hd25s. Very surprised. A little eq needed for me to boost the top end as I love my treble and they sound a little too warm otherwise.

My desktop headphones are t90s and I LOVE the treble on those so I might be judging the 1350s from an unfair position.

Delivery from Amazon took 4 weeks. The courier lost the first order (stole more likely) and Amazon eventually agreed to send me another package with ups instead. They delivered it to the wrong side of the country (ireland) by mistake but today after such a long wait, they arrived at their new home.

Isolation is stunning (better than hd25s) and the comfort factor for me is fine. I've got a big head and they seal perfectly every time.

also noted that I couldn't tell any sound quality difference between my HTC one driving these vs my fiio e17. So for my money these do very well without an external amp.

Very happy and thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread :)

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #3,785 of 4,010
Just received my dt1350s from Amazon.com. got a great seal strait away and the base was the first thing to hit me. Deep and powerful and much more immersive than my hd25s. Very surprised. A little eq needed for me to boost the top end as I love my treble and they sound a little too warm otherwise.

My desktop headphones are t90s and I LOVE the treble on those so I might be judging the 1350s from an unfair position.

Delivery from Amazon took 4 weeks. The courier lost the first order (stole more likely) and Amazon eventually agreed to send me another package with ups instead. They delivered it to the wrong side of the country (ireland) by mistake but today after such a long wait, they arrived at their new home.

Isolation is stunning (better than hd25s) and the comfort factor for me is fine. I've got a big head and they seal perfectly every time.

also noted that I couldn't tell any sound quality difference between my HTC one driving these vs my fiio e17. So for my money these do very well without an external amp.

Very happy and thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread :)

Thanks for the impressions, I also have a pair incoming from Amazon - hopefully it'll arrive sooner than 4 weeks! :xf_eek:

Jun 27, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #3,786 of 4,010
Your more than welcome. Hope you get them soon :)

Continuing to love these headphones: the bass really is something special! My portable rig now gives me something my home set-up cant (T90s and HD650s). Truth be told the Beyers have made the 650 almost unlistenable for me.

Looking forwards to hearing your thoughts when they arrive.

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #3,788 of 4,010
  Has anyone tried this mod? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO_9qwA1sb0
He changed the pads from the dt1350 to the new ones from the t51p, which can be bought separately.
Supposedly increasees confort (my olny concern regarding these amazing headphones) and increases isolation.

I thought the ear pads and headband pads were the same on the t51p and the face lifted dt1350?

Jun 30, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #3,789 of 4,010
No, neither of them... the T51p pads are softer and a bit deeper, while the facelift DT1350 has a bigger outer diameter and compresses less.
The headband padding is completely different as the T51p has simple paddings glued to the bare metal headband while the facelift has some kind of plastic structure enveloping the metal frame (and holding the cable from left to right on one part).

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #3,790 of 4,010
Just like some of the people on this thread. I am currently listening to my DT1350 after keeping them in the drawer for a few good months (cos I got the roxanne and SE846). Damn...they still very enjoyable to listen to...Still waiting on my T51p....

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #3,792 of 4,010
Thanks for reminding me that I need to re-buy these. Why the T51Ps? aren't they too bassy? I've never heard them. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #3,793 of 4,010
I have only had a brief listen at bic camera when I was in Japan. I just thought I will get them to compare. I do like the aluminium earcup on the T51P :D You should get the DT1350 especially the price dropped so much compare to when I initially got mine. My SN is 11XXX which is the very early batch :D

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #3,794 of 4,010
The price is definitely nicer than when I bought my first pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back