New Beyer DT1350
Aug 21, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #3,811 of 4,010
Sounds like something is wrong with it. When I had mine, they were very tight, great isolation for an on ear and nothing but the pads touched the ears. 

Sep 28, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #3,814 of 4,010
  Proud Owner!  Anyone switch out the pads?

I switched out my pads to the original t51p pads (I own the orginal version of the DT-1350) and found an increase in comfort and the ability to obtain a good seal. However there are noticeable changes to the sound. Bass appears to be looser with more emphasis on lower-midbass. This difference causes a decrease in the perceived bass quantity for me. Upper midrange and treble appears to be less smooth and err's towards being more "shouty" and bright/sparkly.

Sep 28, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #3,815 of 4,010

I switched out my pads to the original t51p pads (I own the orginal version of the DT-1350) and found an increase in comfort and the ability to obtain a good seal. However there are noticeable changes to the sound. Bass appears to be looser with more emphasis on lower-midbass. This difference causes a decrease in the perceived bass quantity for me. Upper midrange and treble appears to be less smooth and err's towards being more "shouty" and bright/sparkly.

Hmmm... I read somewhere that some switched out their pads to the EDT 1350 N.  I'm assuming that this is different from the one your referring too?

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #3,816 of 4,010

Hmmm... I read somewhere that some switched out their pads to the EDT 1350 N.  I'm assuming that this is different from the one your referring too?

Yes, I would presume that it is different.
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #3,817 of 4,010
hello there can you guys help me out here I'm on the fence about buying this phone for quite a bit now I've just been reading conflicting reviews about the DT 1350 and the T 51 p what would you say are the main differences about the two? Is it true that the DT 1350 is more balanced or neutral and the T 51 P is more bass oriented? and would you recommend this over ue 900?

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #3,818 of 4,010
hello there can you guys help me out here I'm on the fence about buying this phone for quite a bit now I've just been reading conflicting reviews about the DT 1350 and the T 51 p what would you say are the main differences about the two? Is it true that the DT 1350 is more balanced or neutral and the T 51 P is more bass oriented? and would you recommend this over ue 900?

Relatively speaking, you are correct.  The T51 has a slightly more emphasized/boomier bass.  The 1350s sound a little more balanced.  But, the differences are minor.  Both sound fantastic.

The T51p has more comfortable earpads.  The headband does not split.  The clamping force is very low. 

1350 clamps like vice grips on your head.  Headband splits for adjustability.

I prefer the 1350s for both sound and fit, though I'm in the minority.  I always felt like the T51s were going to fall off my head.  The 1350s are very snug, but don't cause me any comfort issues.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #3,819 of 4,010

The first difference i noticed is the T51 has less headband pressure and its earpads are much more comfortable. Depending on what DT1350 version you get you may find the headband pressure a lot higher and earpads that are not as comfortable and have difficulty getting a good seal. If you want more of a neutral sound then get the DT1350, if you want more of a bassy, fun type of sound then get the T51. I havent heard the UE9000 sorry so i canot comment on it.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #3,820 of 4,010
Aha, thank you! Based on your description, I'd most likely opt for the 1350's. Another thing on my mind is ue900 - the quad driver iem. I could get em for 230$, around the same price as the 1350's... Really can't decide. I'd end up using the 900's more especially on the road but I miss having big cans that deliver full sound and larger sound stage compared to iems...

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #3,821 of 4,010
  Relatively speaking, you are correct.  The T51 has a slightly more emphasized/boomier bass.  The 1350s sound a little more balanced.  But, the differences are minor.  Both sound fantastic.

The T51p has more comfortable earpads.  The headband does not split.  The clamping force is very low. 

1350 clamps like vice grips on your head.  Headband splits for adjustability.

I prefer the 1350s for both sound and fit, though I'm in the minority.  I always felt like the T51s were going to fall off my head.  The 1350s are very snug, but don't cause me any comfort issues.

That sums it up pretty well... To me the T51p is a bit too warm, I still prefer the DT1350.

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #3,822 of 4,010
I haven't heard the T51p, but I've always felt that the 1350s were "pound for pound" the best headphones I own. Amazing performance for the money. Deep, clean bass. Love 'em. 

Oct 14, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #3,823 of 4,010

I wish I can say that this is brand new but it isn't.  However, before the many mods, it was the newer iteration of the 1350.  

Wood cups mod // Canare L-4e5c cable // Kobiconn balanced termination // Velour pads

[I know that this is probably a sacrilege to those hardcore 1350 fans... My apologies but I paid for them cups.]

Peace.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #3,824 of 4,010

I wish I can say that this is brand new but it isn't.  However, before the many mods, it was the newer iteration of the 1350.  

Wood cups mod // Canare L-4e5c cable // Kobiconn balanced termination // Velour pads

[I know that this is probably a sacrilege to those hardcore 1350 fans... My apologies but I paid for them cups.]

Peace.  
smily_headphones1.gif

And how do they sound in comparison to the regular dt1350s?

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #3,825 of 4,010

And how do they sound in comparison to the regular dt1350s?

The first thing that everyone noticed is the treble.  The wood cup and the velour pads made the treble pack on a lot of air and as a result, it now sounds almost like an opened-back.  The stock 1350s has good treble body but it made the treble sound congested and tightly bunched up by comparison. Because of this, soundstaging no longer feels tunnel-like but has took on a significant breadth as well.

The next thing anyone would notice is the bass. Midbass bloat has been dramatically reduced from what would otherwise have been a thin cloth to a sheer fabric.  This reduction makes the sub-bass take centerstage and by happy accident, brought on a better sonic spatial presentation in the lower frequencies.  Even with alternative rock or rock genre, the drums sound faster with greater separation.

Mids, save for the more fluid coherence with the top and bottom, remains largely unaltered.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back