New Beyer DT1350
Dec 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #3,646 of 4,010
Yes it IS weird, and yes it does seem like a kind of resonance involving my ear and ear canal structure. The open PX100II doesn't give even a hint of this problem.

The particular track I've keyed on today is the first movement of Schumann's Symphony No. 1 in B-flat major, Netherlands Radio Chamber Philharmonic, Michael Schonwand conducting (Spotify). The opening movement has a sudden flourish of horns, woodwinds and strings, and even with DT250-250 and PX100II there is not much sense of definition of individual instruments. With the DT1350 I hear a glaring mass of sound, and maybe with some imagination can tell there are horns and strings. In addition, it's smaller-scaled and less enjoyable; turning the volume up helps that bud worsens the glare.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #3,647 of 4,010
Hey all, 

Today was a good day, good deals around for headphones. Amazon had both the V-Moda V80 and Beyerdynamics DT1350 for sale, and i brought them brought.
As i hear to various genres, at times fun sound.. that might play with the V80, and other times some cool jazzy music, and Pink Floyds.. etc, that can take advantage of the DT1350.

Now I am looking for an amp that blends well or brings the best out of DT1350. I am sure ya'all will have different opinions about various brands and versions, but i am sure there has to be something that most of the people on here prefer?
It be great if the same amp can be used with V-Moda V80 ideally to sound perfect.

So gentlemen, what do you suggest? Also something thats portable in a pocket or a bag.

Dec 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #3,648 of 4,010
I received a pair of DT1350 today, and I'm not terribly impressed yet guys.

Is their tonality meant to sound warm and veiled in the midrange? Because that's how I hear them. I'm coming from IEM's like the Dunu DN-1000, T-Peos H-200, Westone 4, RDB v1 Mini, Etymotic ER4S, to name a few and these DT1350 sound veiled/dark in mid range tonality. There's little bass impact even lighter then neutral and they just sound blanketed or muffled. For example, my Sony MDR V6 have better detail, bass responce and separation. it just doesn''t sound right watching Tylls video review and reading what Jude says about them

Either they're completely utterly not my style, everyone is mad, or these things have issues. There's no way they sound like $400 AUD headphone to these ears atm. 

So my question is for anyone who's heard both MDR-V6 and DT1350 should they sound as bright as the V6?

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #3,650 of 4,010
hmm never heard the MDR V6 but I am not hearing what youre hearing from my 1350.

This pair have no more than 15 hours on them. I'm going to let them burn a little and spend nothing but time with them and no other gear. I'm hoping its just a severe adjustment period which I've been susceptible to in the past. (I've had major brain burn in problems before). I'll report back in a couple of days.

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #3,651 of 4,010
This pair have no more than 15 hours on them. I'm going to let them burn a little and spend nothing but time with them and no other gear.I'm hoping its just a severe adjustment period which I've been susceptible to in the past. (I've had major brain burn in problems before) I'll report back in a couple of days.

they are a bit picky on where they sit on your ear. please to get back to us after you burn them in more.

Dec 3, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #3,652 of 4,010
for a moment i tot u were describing a esw9 :p

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #3,653 of 4,010
I wonder if a change of amplification could make a difference with midrange clarity, even though these are really easy to drive with my LG G2 phone, and certainly with a computer soundcard.

Otherwise, I'm about to give up on them. My DT250-250 are way more open-sounding (or not closed-in and congested), comfortable and natural. The DT1350 does isolate really well, though, but at a cost of comfort.

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #3,654 of 4,010

Is their tonality meant to sound warm and veiled in the midrange? Because that's how I hear them. I'm coming from IEM's like the Dunu DN-1000, T-Peos H-200, Westone 4, RDB v1 Mini, Etymotic ER4S, to name a few and these DT1350 sound veiled/dark in mid range tonality. There's little bass impact even lighter then neutral and they just sound blanketed or muffled. For example, my Sony MDR V6 have better detail, bass responce and separation. it just doesn''t sound right watching Tylls video review and reading what Jude says about them

Either they're completely utterly not my style, everyone is mad, or these things have issues. There's no way they sound like $400 AUD headphone to these ears atm. 

So my question is for anyone who's heard both MDR-V6 and DT1350 should they sound as bright as the V6?

I suspect you haven't found the proper positioning on your ears.  I would never in a million years describe the bass as lighter than neutral.  

Of course, a defective set is possible.  

I wonder if a change of amplification could make a difference with midrange clarity, even though these are really easy to drive with my LG G2 phone, and certainly with a computer soundcard.

Otherwise, I'm about to give up on them. My DT250-250 are way more open-sounding (or not closed-in and congested), comfortable and natural. The DT1350 does isolate really well, though, but at a cost of comfort.

I feel that the midrange is perfectly clear, but I think don't think people are always discussing the same thing when they talk about "clarity".

Amping helps these phones.  No need for overkill, though.  I listen to mine out of an Audinst HUD-mx1 and am very pleased with the combo.  

As or the soundstage, a portably with tiny earcups like this won't be able to compete with something more full-sized like the DT250.

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #3,655 of 4,010

Well I do have a pair, and I am located in Sydney... If you want to test it out after burning in for some gazillion of hours :wink:

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #3,656 of 4,010
I've spent some more time with them, fiddled around with the positioning (which has helped). I  still find the bass rather neutral on this pair guys, however I'm enjoying them to some extend. I may send them to MrAdrain some day and we'll get to the bottom of it.  Could be I've simply fallen victim to mental burn in once again which happens when switch over from rather bright signatures, or they have an issue.

I'll keep you posted.

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #3,657 of 4,010
I like me my bass and out of my Aune t1,dx50 or o2, the 1350 is not bass light. Wonder what's going on. I would think it's burned on enough at this point.

I was actually a bit overwhelmed by the bass out of the t1 until I got used to it.

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #3,658 of 4,010

I suspect you haven't found the proper positioning on your ears.  I would never in a million years describe the bass as lighter than neutral.  

Of course, a defective set is possible.  

I feel that the midrange is perfectly clear, but I think don't think people are always discussing the same thing when they talk about "clarity".

Amping helps these phones.  No need for overkill, though.  I listen to mine out of an Audinst HUD-mx1 and am very pleased with the combo.  

As or the soundstage, a portably with tiny earcups like this won't be able to compete with something more full-sized like the DT250.

I was reading this on another forum where a member mentioned about Audinst amps for DT1350, so far i have read about CMOY, Audinst, C&C BH amps for the DT1350 phones.
I believe C&C BH amps are a little bit darker hence it will blend well with the DT1350.. is that true? Which amps takes prominence on here for this headphones?

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,659 of 4,010
The OPs description in this thread is very similar to what I'm experiencing . The mid bass is there but lacking rumble like its rolling off.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/646895/dt1350-where-is-my-bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back