New Beyer DT1350
Mar 6, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #1,231 of 4,010
Naw, I'm good with the blanket bashing. It keeps the prices lower for me.

I'm sure Beyer has their share of poor quality, much like cracking Audeze wood and falling apart Hifimans I've read about. If I had a bad pair I'd send them back - because I have read stories of excellent customer service in that respect, and a few where people were not so impressed. Luckily I got the one pair of T1's that sound great.

I'm also sure the above comments are well considered and representative. Okay that's not true. I actually don't care that much, I'm just surprised to see Head-fiers who have been around so long come out with such juvenile comments.

If you lads could chime in with some Epic Fail and Fail train comments on some DACs though, I'd appreciate it as I'm in the market, and could use a discount.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,232 of 4,010

Quote:
Well to each their own, but I'm unsurprised to see the blanket bashing coming from folks who don't actually own em. Go with what you like - just please, if someone asks, don't give advise to others.
Cheers

I don't think you have to own a headphone to "bash" it. Some of us don't own certain headphones simply because we don't want to own crap. Many of the members who have "bashed" the Beyers are established members who have listened to them at various times. While I don't own a T1, I have had the displeasure of listening to more than 5 pairs now and I, unfortunately, spent a few hours with one of them to give it the benefit of the doubt.

"Bashing" a headphone isn't juvenile - especially when backed by measurements and subjective opinions of well respected head-fi members. Not being able to accept objective proof is much more juvenile in my humble opinion.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #1,234 of 4,010
For some reason, I tend to get "bad" headphones - the ones that "failed" QC. I'm a magnet for such things.

I see criticism, very honest direct criticism, as a good thing. I get a lot of heat on HF sometimes for my very direct approach. It's not matter of being a jerk, having an agenda, and hurting people's feelings (especially those people who have a lot invested into a certain product), it's a matter of giving manufacturers feedback and us customers a better product in the end.

I work for a small/medium sized firm. The thing I hate most is when clients just suddenly drop us instead of complain. When they complain, I have an opportunity to fix things before I lose business. At least that is my philosophy of doing business. Maybe too I'm old school now given the marketing / consumerist driven world that we live in today.

As far the DT1350, I'm not exactly sure how it is supposed to sound given the FR irregularities between the channels of this unit. All I can say right now is that this pair sounds wierd and a little bit off tonally.

If you lads could chime in with some Epic Fail and Fail train comments on some DACs though, I'd appreciate it as I'm in the market, and could use a discount.

Bifrost = win for the price.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #1,235 of 4,010
For some reason, I tend to get "bad" headphones - the ones that "failed" QC.

I see criticism, very honest direct criticism, as a good thing. I get a lot of heat on HF sometimes for my very direct approach. It's not matter of being a jerk, having an agenda, and hurting people's feelings (especially those people who have a lot invested into a certain product), it's a matter of giving manufacturers feedback and us customers a better product in the end.

I work for a small/medium sized firm. The thing I hate them most is when clients just drop us instead of complain. When they complain, I have an opportunity to fix things before I lose business.

I totally agree with you and really appreciate the all objective testing you do on various cans and cables - I don't doubt your findings in the least. I could care less what others think about a product that I've bought and like - let alone others who have no experience.

My issue is with folks who take a post or two and run away at the mouth like we're all in eighth grade. To suggest that all Beyers are bad is ridiculous, we all know that. I can point to posts where 'respected' Head-fiers (whatever that means) speak highly of T1's ( check out the 'what one other headphone besides LCDs would you own' thread from a while back and see who says what). But that's not really necessary.

Having people who I considered well respected Head-fiers carry on like it's the school yard makes Head-fi less enjoyable, and gives new people who read these threads to make decisions the wrong idea.

Bifrost = win for the price.

No, man you're doing it wrong. I want the prices to go down! :wink:

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #1,236 of 4,010

Quote:
As far the DT1350, I'm not exactly sure how it is supposed to sound given the FR irregularities between the channels of this unit. All I can say right now is that this pair sounds wierd and a little bit off tonally.

This is not what I am hearing with mine.  Wish you could test them...maybe they are the same and my mind makes up the difference, I just do not know anymore....

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #1,237 of 4,010

Quote:
This is not what I am hearing with mine.  Wish you could test them...maybe they are the same and my mind makes up the difference, I just do not know anymore....

I may try grab another pair. This one I have is obviously defective - at least to my standards. Don't know about Beyers's standards though 
redface.gif

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #1,238 of 4,010

Quote:
I may try grab another pair. This one I have is obviously defective - at least to my standards. Don't know about Beyers's standards though 
redface.gif

I have some sweeps from a cd that I am going to listen to, to see if I can hear anything odd.

Not sure that this will be significant enough for me to tell though.

Mar 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #1,244 of 4,010

Quote:
obviously not since criticism only started with the post of a graph.

so on paper it sounds bad :wink:

I've never being a fan of it. and I tried to like it. weird how I dont use it but I dont want to get rid of it...

Edit: i thought it was more pleasant with the Zo2. (2 wrongs make a right?)

Mar 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,245 of 4,010

Quote:
obviously not since criticism only started with the post of a graph.

so on paper it sounds bad :wink:

This particular pair sounded bad (or at least "off") to my ears too. It's always my procedure to listen to cans first and jot down notes before I measure them so I don't get influenced by the measurements. This "big endeavor" I'm taking is an attempt to correlate subjective sonic qualities to measurements. In other words, trying to come up with a set up meaningful measurements. Those who have followed my CSD threads are starting to see correlations with their own experiences of various headphones. Whether certain patterns in the measurements constitute good or bad is up to you, although I don't hesitate to interject my own opinions.

I'm getting another DT1350 pair in for measurements.

P.S. Most of the guys who have commented about these have actually heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back